11.1v battery needed - any recommendations where there's stock actually available?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The most annoying 'feature' of my otherwise beloved Double Eagle M906 gnu is that the Falcon fire controller drains batteries until they're dead, if not disconnected within a day or so.   
I managed to leave my Titan 11.1v 3000mAH nunchuck in there after a test fire, and it's killed it to death.  

image.png.38236900002471ac48473bcd47592779.png

Yeah, proper.  Not even ze Germans could have done a better job

So I could just buy another, but I thought I'd ask if there's a better / cheaper option out there that doesn't involve me spending £40 + £10 p&p to get another Titan (from Platoon Stores) in before Sunday's Spec Ops visit.  I'd probably rather stick to one chunky nunchuck, but maybe two smaller sticks would be a sensible alternative - I might only kill one relatively cheap battery if I make the same mistake again!

So the main criteria for success - must be in stock right now, and quickly available for a sensible postage cost :)

Excellent, Vapextech, yeah they've got a decent rep, I believe my 7.4v pack is one of theirs... 
The only issue is the (very reasonable) p&p of £3 might not get them to me in time.   Ah well, I have other batteries, I should be able to get through the day, especially if my GBBR is sorted in time.

Turnigy Nanotech packs from Hobbyking are probably the cheapest option I know of. They’re also far above average quality, since they’re not intended for airsoft, and you can find just about any pack size and shape you want.

6 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Turnigy Nanotech packs from Hobbyking are probably the cheapest option I know of. They’re also far above average quality, since they’re not intended for airsoft, and you can find just about any pack size and shape you want.

I have one Turnigy nano tech battery, it has been good.  I think I had another a while ago but I managed to get clumsy when converting it to Dean's and shorted the bare wires (not on each other, but across something metal on my desk), puffed it!

What are Hobby King's delivery times like though?

Edit:  The user interface fooled me (again) into thinking I couldn't buy the battery... figured it out on the second look.  However, only shipped from Hong Kong, so the delivery time is too long, and it costs £24!  Which kills the advantage of the low price of £6 for the 1400mAH stick.

I might order a few for future use, or resale here.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

6 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Turnigy Nanotech packs from Hobbyking are probably the cheapest option I know of.

Since the HobbyKing UK Warehouse shutdown and Brexit - Turnigys are not viable anymore.

I have ~30 Turnigy packs (for RC as well as Airsoft) but they will be reaching their end of life soon. It's unlikely that I will be replacing them all at current UK prices. 

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

What are Hobby King's delivery times like though?

Not quick from the HK warehouse in my experience - they used to send LiPos via boat (that might have changed though) and they last set I ordered from the HK warehouse took 14 weeks - but that was around 8 years ago to be fair. Never bought batteries direct from them again. 

Is the EU warehouse an option?

31 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Not for the 1400mAH stick I already own and would buy more of 😥

• Supporters
9 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Excellent, Vapextech, yeah they've got a decent rep, I believe my 7.4v pack is one of theirs... 
The only issue is the (very reasonable) p&p of £3 might not get them to me in time.   Ah well, I have other batteries, I should be able to get through the day, especially if my GBBR is sorted in time.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/airsoft/li-po-packs/11-1v.html Standard delivery is 1st Class RM or there is a guaranteed next day option.

Thanks @Lozart that's an 11.1v 2600mAH crane stock battery (3-way split) ordered for arrival tomorrow (or Friday at worst), £31 inc postage 

👍

As the owner of  Kriss Vector, I need a very specific size of Battery, and my preference is 9.9 LiFe.

I have a large number of "notify when in stock" alerts on Component Shop  and various others.

I keep checking back and these batteries have been out of stock for over two years now. Could they not update their websites? Very frustrating...

I use hobbyrc for all my lipo needs, service is spot on and postage is very reasonable considering its loose lipos.

I use a tattu 1050 3s in my 308, it fits vertically edge on tonthe butt pad in my pts stock, but they usually show dimensions for he batteries in the item pictures so you can choose what would fit best.

Edited by concretesnail

8 hours ago, John_W said:

As the owner of  Kriss Vector, I need a very specific size of Battery, and my preference is 9.9 LiFe.

I have a large number of "notify when in stock" alerts on Component Shop  and various others.

I keep checking back and these batteries have been out of stock for over two years now. Could they not update their websites? Very frustrating...

I am not sure what you are complaining about.  You have alerts and the websites are showing those batteries as being out of stock.  What do they need to update?

8 hours ago, John_W said:

I've been waiting three years for gears of war to send me a stock notification 😂😂

49 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

What do they need to update?

They haven't been in stock for over two years, some since before lockdown. Seems to me they are discontinued, not out of stock...

On 28/06/2023 at 01:51, Speedbird_666 said:

Since the HobbyKing UK Warehouse shutdown and Brexit - Turnigys are not viable anymore.

I have ~30 Turnigy packs (for RC as well as Airsoft) but they will be reaching their end of life soon. It's unlikely that I will be replacing them all at current UK prices. 

Not quick from the HK warehouse in my experience - they used to send LiPos via boat (that might have changed though) and they last set I ordered from the HK warehouse took 14 weeks - but that was around 8 years ago to be fair. Never bought batteries direct from them again. 

Ah, the British Battery Experience Grand Tour Supreme!

...they sent mine from HK in about two weeks, and about a week from their USA warehouse. I live near a couple of major shipping centers, though, so I tend to get stuff quicker than the average bear.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.