New CQE site in Dover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This would be better placed in https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/51-skirmish-sites-stories-reviews/ I suspect.

"Definitely worth checking it out" seems a bit disingenuous since you appear to be the operator, rather than an unrelated player giving a positive review...

What makes you a "superior" (according to your website) skirmish site, anyway? Superior in what way, and compared to where else? 😊

I thought the citadel was being turned into a computer/data centre. Or at least that's what I heard

2 hours ago, TacticalWaifu said:

rather than an unrelated player giving a positive review...

Having played the site at the AI500 a couple of years back, I can say that the site itself is a good mix of CQB in the cell blocks, (with one block spread over 3 landings,) and open lines between blocks and the notorious (at least in AI500 terms) sports field.

Only issue though, as we found out at AI, is that when the wind picks up and the rain gets into the tiled doorways of the cell blocks, it gets very dicey. (I don't know if anything has been put in place since AI500 to mitigate those factors though)

Playing at AI500, the wind was so strong between the cell blocks that it was impossible to shoot between buildings as the wind would just blow any weight of BB wildly off target, and several people slipped on the tiled floors just inside the doorways as they ran between cell blocks.

The biggest issue that AI500 had was trying to cram nearly 500 players onto the site, as there became a few bottlenecks in he cell blocks,   but I reckon with a lower player count the site will flow a lot more freely. And if there are some barricades set up on the sports field, that will help give more options to fight across the land, rather than trying to cross one large open area or the paths either side with minimal cover.

Overall i thought it was a decent site, and one I would like to revisit if it wasn't so far away from where I live.

If the information on their website is accurate, this is a small site.

948C34BC-2F39-46E4-8A8A-00405011DA1E.jpeg

Edited by Colin Allen

32 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Small CQB sites can work - it just depends on the numbers, how they've handled the layout/cover and the rule set they employ for the games.

Might get pretty boring after a visit or two though.

Indeed; it all comes down to how it is run and how well they manage to keep it interesting.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, TacticalWaifu said:

"Definitely worth checking it out" seems a bit disingenuous since you appear to be the operator, rather than an unrelated player giving a positive review...

Agree, it's right up there with Sellers who feel the need to stick "bargain" in their classifieds title, I think that's for others to make that distinction lol

19 hours ago, CQEAams said:

Definitely worth checking it out

Not when you're running power limits higher than most outdoor sites for CQB. Those power levels are unnecessary at close range. Also 1.3j with a 0.25g bb is 334fps, not 320

Taken from their website

All guns on site will be chrono'd at a 0.25g, 1.3 joule max and a FPS of 320 tag will be put on your rifle.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Taken from their website

All guns on site will be chrono'd at a 0.25g, 1.3 joule max and a FPS of 320 tag will be put on your rifle.

Seems to be evolving in real time. Just the usual "ah, it'll be all right on the day" stream of consciousness.  Segue to the UKAPU "y u no have consistent rules???!?" thread.

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not when you're running power limits higher than most outdoor sites for CQB.

This.

Weirdly the website says max 350fps on a 0.2 (1.13j), but in the same sentence says they chrono at 1.3j using 0.25's - which is it? 1.3j is kicking on for 375fps on a 0.2.

Of course it could be a typo and it's missing the extra '1' but I'll bet someone's setting their pew up for 1.3j "cos it says so on the website".

• Supporters

Looks to me like "oh, everybody knows, we don't really have to spell it out".  But how are you meant to know what constitutes "CHEATING" on your first game?  Or even after your tenth game if nobody has told you, and you've picked up bad habits.

The Depot's rules are better, but even at that there are things that I'd prefer to see spelled out absolutely unambiguously, such as a hit being anywhere on your body or any of your gear, including helmets, pouches, or your level 99 adamantium plate carrier.

This is the sort of thing that's regularly covered at "briefs", which is why they aren't.  Why not just write down everything that people need to know?  Whose time are you saving by not bothering?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Looks to me like "oh, everybody knows, we don't really have to spell it out".  But how are you meant to know what constitutes "CHEATING" on your first game?  Or even after your tenth game if nobody has told you, and you've picked up bad habits.

That's not including the player who knows exactly what they're doing  but when caught says "but nobody said we can't"

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

The Depot's rules are better, but even at that there are things that I'd prefer to see spelled out absolutely unambiguously, such as a hit being anywhere on your body or any of your gear, including helmets, pouches, or your level 99 adamantium plate carrier.

Adamantium? Pfft. The seller told me my plate carrier was pure Unobtanium! Nuprol are rare and well-made, right? Surely I've not been overcharged, right? ... --Guys? 😅

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.