Recommend me a 1911

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be tempted to find a good used Western Arms. 

Or buy one from the factory, but that'll be expensive. 

Hard to explain but they're like a much nicer TM. 

9 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

I'd be tempted to find a good used Western Arms. 

Or buy one from the factory, but that'll be expensive. 

Hard to explain but they're like a much nicer TM. 

Western Arms are really, really nice, and were the go to around 15 years ago, however the spares/upgrade parts have completely dried up, rendering them pretty much a wall hanger now. I recently rebuilt one that I had to buy a donor gun just to get running again. 

If you want something that you can fix or upgrade if it breaks, get something TM based…

As already pointed out by literally everyone, TM :P  

Literally any other brand will be crap and wont work, due to pathetic tiny mags that hold naff all gas, anything with a metal slide is just asking for misery.

Ive owned a TM 1911, TM 1911 MEU, WE 1911, KSC/KWA can never remember which one is which 1911, and a Nova Something Armour y Chinese Masterpiece 1911  (yes I love the 1911 and I have an addiction) and theyve ALL been disappointing, but the TM MEU is the least disappointing of the lot. Im led to believe the MEU has a newer gas system than their old classiv 1911, and the MEU mags are slightly large inside allowing for a little more gas capacity. Even then the MEU struggles to empty a whole mag of 20 BBs on a single fill of gas. Dont even think about using it other than at the peak of summer.

Or buy whichever one you want and HPA it. 

Im sure someone will be along shortly to defend WE's honour and say its the best gnu ever (after they replaced the entire internals with upgrades). The WE 1911 is what put me off ever buying a WE gun again :P Until I got one of their G19s which was a beast. I believe the 1911 was their first/early attempts at making guns and as a result utterly shite.

Edited by Tiercel

If this is totally a belt trinket, would not an Army Armament cheapo do the job?  It'll probably still shoot for a couple of times, if required in extremis, but hasn't cost enough to worry about? 

The R31 is £80 (might be even cheaper elsewhere), looks like the real thing, is all metal, and errrrr.... that's it.  Did that fulfill the brief?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/army-armament-1911-series-gas-blowback-pistol-full-metal-black-r31-gbb-airsoft-pistol.html

Or do you want a fancier looking 1911?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 05/07/2023 at 22:01, RostokMcSpoons said:

If this is totally a belt trinket, would not an Army Armament cheapo do the job?  It'll probably still shoot for a couple of times, if required in extremis, but hasn't cost enough to worry about? 

The R31 is £80 (might be even cheaper elsewhere), looks like the real thing, is all metal, and errrrr.... that's it.  Did that fulfill the brief?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/army-armament-1911-series-gas-blowback-pistol-full-metal-black-r31-gbb-airsoft-pistol.html

Or do you want a fancier looking 1911?

I got one from Carlos and the thing never worked.  Dumps its gas on the first trigger pull.  Real shame as it looks the part.

8 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

I got one from Carlos and the thing never worked.  Dumps its gas on the first trigger pull.  Real shame as it looks the part.

That's a shame.  Reviewing Mr Chewer's initial post, he's after a CO² gat anyway...?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

The R32 supposedly fixes some of the R31 issues, does have a extended mag, is sleek and is still in one of my baskets on some website or another.....

On 09/07/2023 at 10:32, RostokMcSpoons said:

That's a shame.  Reviewing Mr Chewer's initial post, he's after a CO² gat anyway...?

No no, that was just one I happened to have my eye on at the time. 

I ended up getting a second hand WE Night Hawk in silver. Performs adequately, but looks niiiice in its leather holster.

For all the "Just get a TM" folks, I now have four, as I picked up a Desert Eagle yesterday too. HAPPY NOW? 🤣

20230706_161543.jpg

Edited by Skullchewer

I swear by the KWC/cybergun 100th anniversary edition. Has the great kick of CO2 but chrono's at 300fps. Now I must say I like the old school 1911 and series 70 types. I have a TM but the KWC keeps creeping into the shoulder holster because it's usually a short range weapon for me and a loud bang send people running.

Think about how you will use it. No point it paying for a super pistol that will send rounds out a hundred meters if you pull your pistol and 10 meters or less. 

The only ball ache is most people require you to Chrono with a fresh bulb so it can be wasteful if you don't empty the mag at a game.

13 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

I swear by the KWC/cybergun 100th anniversary edition. Has the great kick of CO2 but chrono's at 300fps. Now I must say I like the old school 1911 and series 70 types. I have a TM but the KWC keeps creeping into the shoulder holster because it's usually a short range weapon for me and a loud bang send people running.

Think about how you will use it. No point it paying for a super pistol that will send rounds out a hundred meters if you pull your pistol and 10 meters or less. 

The only ball ache is most people require you to Chrono with a fresh bulb so it can be wasteful if you don't empty the mag at a game.

I would not buy one; the lad and I had one each and they are a bit crap. They are very inconsistent, the hop unit is crap and the only available upgrade is a pretty average hop rubber.

I am still using mine while deciding what to get to replace it.

7 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I would not buy one; the lad and I had one each and they are a bit crap. They are very inconsistent, the hop unit is crap and the only available upgrade is a pretty average hop rubber.

I am still using mine while deciding what to get to replace it.

I must have got lucky with mine then as it shoots like a TM. What's the opposite of a Friday afternoon special???

Might be a try before you buy gun then with poor consistency between individual pistols. 

I have a video of one doing a drinks can at 27m. I'd got my phone in my left hand, AMT hardballer in the right and did it first go. 

Very, very smooth, well made and accurate airsoft gun. Like a luxury TM. 

They are still going and you can still get parts, they're just a small, niche concern now. 

I appreciate it's not everyone's bag but for 1911s, I genuinely don't think they've been surpassed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.