Vorsk

wmjttyers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'll play devils advocate.

Normally I would stay away from anything related to Nuprol (which Vorsk is) but I bought the Vorsk VP-X mainly for the looks and to plink a bit as it was on sale so very very cheap.

Its certainly not the greatest pistol out there but it does shoot BBs and its cheap enough that if it does fail unrepairably then I'll be happy I got my moneys worth of fun out of it.

So go for it.  Take care of it an don't expect it to last forever.

Definitely let us know how it goes so we can advise future buyers.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

Might be dependent on our definitions of very very cheap.  To me, £70 delivered for an Army Armament R17 (£75 at bbGnuz4lez, wait 24 hours, get offered a 7% discount) is "how bad can it be?" territory (surprisingly OK, as it turns out).  Knocking on double that for an unknown OEM, rebranded twice, I'd want to see more than unboxing gushing or two-mag raves on InstaBook.

I just watched a video by BigBirdAirsoft about the Vorsk VP-X - he liked it.   The interesting thing was that on the way he dissed all the TM 1911's he owned.  I had previously read the TM's with single stack mags are generally to be avoided as they tend to have poor gas capacity and efficiency... so that's really a thing?   That's a shame if so, I do have a hankering for a 'proper' 1911 (rather than a hi-capa), so I guess TM gets ruled out if so.

Unfortunately, there's no [obvious] follow-up video from BigBird, so can't tell how well the Vorsk ran after the initial test.  But if @EDcase's gun is still running, that's a positive, isn't it?

The single stack 1911 mags definitely suffer from lower ammo and gas capacity which is why you don't often see them in skirmishes.  That's the realm of the Hi-Capas

Depends how much you rely on pistols in games and they're fine for collecting and plinking of course.

Edited by EDcase

4 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I just watched a video by BigBirdAirsoft about the Vorsk VP-X - he liked it.   The interesting thing was that on the way he dissed all the TM 1911's he owned.  I had previously read the TM's with single stack mags are generally to be avoided as they tend to have poor gas capacity and efficiency... so that's really a thing?   That's a shame if so, I do have a hankering for a 'proper' 1911 (rather than a hi-capa), so I guess TM gets ruled out if so.

Unfortunately, there's no [obvious] follow-up video from BigBird, so can't tell how well the Vorsk ran after the initial test.  But if @EDcase's gun is still running, that's a positive, isn't it?

I am not sure what he did but...

3 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The single stack 1911 mags definitely suffer from lower ammo and gas capacity which is why you don't often see them in skirmishes.  That's the realm of the Hi-Capas

Depends how much you rely on pistols in games and they're fine for collecting and plinking of course.

I'll keep my hankerings for an M9A1 just to be safe :)

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I dislike M1911s but run a KWC/Milbro/Cybergun CO2 one for airsoft.  The magazine capacity is limited (about 17 rounds) but I get a fair few magazines from one CO2 bulb.  If only there was a decent aftermarket hop unit for it.

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

It's probably something to do with "Pixie Jizz" 🤣

Or worse, knowing Luke.

I've been using a vorsk hi capa vengeance for a few months now and other than some leaky mags and loose base plates it has run quite well

only changed the hop rubber and it so far it's going well

knowing my luck now i've talked about it the thing will go tits up on monday at my next game  😂

15 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'll keep my hankerings for an M9A1 just to be safe :)

I can recommend the WE M9A1 Gen2 (though I don't use the auto)

Nice and weighty with such a smooth action.

Edited by EDcase

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

Yeah Co2 can make up for smaller gas reservoir but I got put off Co2 years ago by the faffing around and expense when the seals go.

I haven't found the seals to be too much of a problem; they seem far more robust than standard gas magazines and O rings are cheap.

3 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I haven't found the seals to be too much of a problem; they seem far more robust than standard gas magazines and O rings are cheap.

Its the main seal in the mag that's the problem.  It is quite robust but when it does fail it can be a pain to sort out because if it leaks you loose a gas bulb every time you test it.

Edited by EDcase

15 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

That whole gas capacity thing for 1911s is crap. Do they have the same capacity as a double stack no if course they don't. Will you be able to get at least 2 re loads out of one gas charge yes, will they perform poorly in low temperature yes but so will most GBB. The TM 1911A1 is a perfectly usable side arm especially considering it's a 20 + years old design. 

6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Its the main seal in the mag that's the problem.  It is quite robust but when it does fail it can be a pain to sort out because if it leaks you loose a gas bulb every time you test it.

True, but they fail an awful lot less than regular gas magazines.

As I understand it the lower mag capacity and poorer performance in the cold is a problem for all single stack 1911s, not just TM. As Scottie would say "ya canaee change the laws o' physics Jim"

Edited by Cannonfodder

Although you are entitled to your own opinion and I to have been guilty of being focussed on a certain product that I wanted and screw everyone else only to realise that everyone on here that said don’t’ was right. The thing to remember is that the guys on here know their stuff and have no reason to say something is crap when it is not. Chances are if they say it is crap then it will be.

For that money I would go for an ASG CZ75 Shadow 1 for £130

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-cz-sp-01-shadow-co2-blowback-pistol
It was the first pistol I bought, has run on CO2 all its life (3 years) and is still going strong still. All metal, solid, it has been dropped more times than I care to admit and all I have ever done to it was clean it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.