BFG comaptible grenade pouch

Brownz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking at purchasing some 'SWAT VTG' Timed BFG's.

Im hoping to find a pouch or holder that will fit each one snug, hopfully attach my my cumberbund on my platecarrier (idealy somehting like this).

The site doesnt have dimensions, my goto place for pouches/webbing is Warrior Assualt Systems...their grenade pouches dont have dimensions.

I contacted 'SWAT' and they simply said fits fine in a M4 pouch. I want somthing a lil more snug and fit to purpose.

• Has anyone else got dimensions?
  • Would a 'Warrior Assualt System' greande pouch be too small?
  • Has anyone found a good grenade pouch or pouch that fits these grenades snug?

Edited by Brownz

• Brownz changed the title to BFG comaptible grenade pouch
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, Brownz said:

Im looking at purchasing some 'SWAT VTG' Timed BFG's.

Hmm, I was going to raise a red flag about ordering directly from SWAT, but I see they've moved to a dealer network now. That's a much better model. Even at that though, I'd want to be very clear about stocking - LT, for example, list the timed grenades as stocked-on-demand, via the obfuscated term "warehouse special".

Back on topic, I make custom holders from kydex.  It can be bought in your colour of choice from eBay, and a 2mm A4 sheet is enough for making two holders.  It's super easy stuff to work with, just cut out this sort of shape with a craft or Stanley knife or strong scissors, heat it in an oven or with a heat gun, and form it around the grenade (the round part being bent upwards to go under the grenade).

image.png.f27c7dcd217391dd8d6e0cf0c5cd1e8b.png

Once it's cooled, remove the grenade, then if necessary reheat it and reform it inwards a bit so that when cool again it grips the grenade tightly.  I don't need any other sort of retention, the springiness of the kydex holds the grenades securely, and they can just be tugged out without fiddling with any sort of strap or snap.

Securing it to your rig can be done any way you like, I drill holes as shown above and lace or cable tie them on.  Job done.

• Supporters
On 02/04/2023 at 09:43, Brownz said:

• Would a 'Warrior Assault System' greande pouch be too small

Yes but their Smoke Grenade pouch should fit. https://www.uktactical.com/product/warrior-smoke-grenade-pouch-gen-2-coyote-tan-8093

I have used a kydec for my vtg but I prefer the warrior smoke pouch. Fits nicely using the clip or velcro closure.

Thanks for all your suggestions and warnings, I think I will look into getting the Warrior smoke pouch for now. Although I never knew kydex was so easy to craft with, this sounds real interesting. I like the idea of easy grab and perhaps tie off the pin on the kydex so i can throw one handed.

What about the Warrior 40mm grenade pouch, I like this because the lack of clip looks better for single hand use, anyone know if these dimensions would be similar to the smoke pouch?

Edited by Brownz

I spent ages looking for a solution to this question.  Ended up buying from the US vis Evil Bay.  The boy then  nabbed the bloody pouch.  If I ever find it I'll put up a pick for you...

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Brownz said:

Although I never knew kydex was so easy to craft with, this sounds real interesting. I like the idea of easy grab and perhaps tie off the pin on the kydex so i can throw one handed.

Yup, I use coiled disc lock reminder cables to retain my pins, although any bit of cord will do.  The advantage of kydex is that you get custom holders guaranteed to fit your 'nades.

• Supporters
On 03/04/2023 at 23:02, Brownz said:

What about the Warrior 40mm grenade pouch, I like this because the lack of clip looks better for single hand use, anyone know if these dimensions would be similar to the smoke pouch?

The 40mm pouches will fit things like single use smokes, thermobarics, TAG rounds/moscarts etc but not a BFG.

I find the dynatex bfg a better option after all the issues people had dealing with SWAT.

But prefer a pouch over a kydex holder due to the risk of the pin getting snagged and pulling from the grenade. Yes thats the voice of experience and i have the scar to show from having a grenade go off on my waist and torch my ubacs.

I have used these which are firmly "ok", they are let down by the molle strap with the push button - the strap is slightly too long, and because its a push button not one you keep threading through does mean it dangles a bit and sits offset from whatever you mount it to... a small thing but is annoying as timed bfgs are a bit heavy. https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtop4nx.html

I also used the HW holsters which are great at what they are supposed to, though ultimately I don't think they are well suited to anything outdoors as they can slip out. I think some extra elastic retention would be good for added security. The malice clips also had the same issue as above - maybe i am just being fussy.

Finally I came across this: https://thegeardocrow.com/2021/03/18/review-cellar-gear-flashbang-pouches/

I asked Cellar Gear to make me two of these in the form of a dangler that attaches to chest rig/plate carrier. I've attached a picture. I think its pretty cool. As you can see there's some fraying of the stitching which isn't ideal. I think this cost me £45 which is pretty good for a bespoke bit of kit. It was certainly cheaper then when I was window shopping to do the same thing using a molle panel, molle pouches etc. One improvement that could be made is a slot/channel to accommodate the pin whilst letting the grenade sit deeper inside the pouch.

bfgdangler.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.