One thing you wish you knew coming into airsoft?

ODST

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

Buy some good boots, and break them in before you go running around all day.

Get some good eye pro and remember it is a consumable. Something that takes replacement lenses is best.

Ignore Mr "PUSH UP!!! COME ON!!!" I have only ever heard him from behind somewhere.

Most people love to show off their guns. If you want to have a look just ask. I normally give out the M60 to rentals to have a go with. 

Communication wins more games than big guns.

Don't be afraid to walk over to a table and start talking in the safe zone. That table of freaks? That's normally the fun people who don't care if they get a kill all day and some how are wrecking machines.

The guy with the 2k AEG is normally the first guy to pack up if it looks like rain. 

And just sound advice... Once you are a bit seasoned try and help out the rental guys. Either call follow me or ask where are we going. They will carry you to victory when you realize you are too old to move after 2:30pm 😇

All of this. Absolutely spot on!

• 3 weeks later...

No way I'm keeping it to just one thing...

"Airsoft guns are crap. They were invented by a freaking genius Japanese guy and then badly cloned repeatedly by a bunch of apes. And then the clones were cloned. Like inbreeding."

"HPA is cheaper in the long run. The dark side offers the only path to eternal performance."

"Those upgrades aren't upgrades."

"Evike is run by a little man called the Devil: he does not have your best interest in mind."

"There's a reason everyone on YouTube loves that Lancer Tactical so much. It's known as a sponsorship."

"Upgrade yourself before you upgrade your weapon."

"The faster you run, the better."

"Noobs are scared by full auto, big players, and anything that you call a sniper or a DMR, regardless of whether it is or not."

On 31/03/2023 at 21:15, Duff Beer said:

If I could do anything I’d go back and make myself buy the expensive things once, rather than the cheaper version before then buying the expensive thing.  The old adage of ‘buy cheap, buy twice’ is definitely true and if I had just committed first time round I’d probably have saved 30% in the long run.

As has been said before, decent eyepro and decent footwear is a must and the amount of money spent is directly proportionate to the comfort and utility.  

Carry an IFAK, and definitely make sure it’s got burn gel in it!

A proper kydex or Safariland holster on a UBL is infinitely better than anything on a drop-leg rig.  Universal holsters are universally average.

Oh, and buy the proper Odin Speedloader not the knock-offs.  

Hi pal, so I’ve just started trying to pick out an M4 AR and think I understand what you mean. Tons of people saying upgrade some of the parts to better gear but surly you’d be better off waiting when you have cash to get something that’s decent enough out of the box ?

6 minutes ago, Ste Unit said:

Hi pal, so I’ve just started trying to pick out an M4 AR and think I understand what you mean. Tons of people saying upgrade some of the parts to better gear but surly you’d be better off waiting when you have cash to get something that’s decent enough out of the box ?

I think you're perfectly entitled to to think that, but there are very few guns out there that people will leave completely untouched once they've had it for a while.

Changing the hop rubber (for a softer one more suitable for our lower average temperatures), nub, maybe a ZCI hop unit,  and perhaps a spring selected to hit the 350fps / 0.20g site limit are usually relatively cheap and simple to do (assuming a quick change spring system), and can give appreciable gains in performance.

Once people start talking about changing barrels and motors (still relatively simple, usually, but now a bit more more expense), it's getting 'arguable'.

And then the next steps are cracking open gearboxes to change pistons, gears etc... Yeah if that's required it's a step too far for a lot of people.

(I went that way quite willingly, and didn't have the talent to get my project gun, an F2000, working again.  It's gathering dust in my loft)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.