Upgrading a cyma 48

irgingermk2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what do you actually want the gun to do? what issues do you feel need to be sorted. just chucking a load of top of the line up grades can make you gun perform worse or not at all.

2 hours ago, irgingermk2 said:

what are the best upgrades for this model cheers

That depends on what you want to improve

On mine I simply replaced the barrel and hop rubber and nub.  Slightly better consistency/accuracy than  standard, a few yards extra range perhaps.  I set the hop and tightened the screw on the adjuster arm.  Were I not a lazy toad, I would have changed the nozzle as this is key to repeatable shooting, but since mine shot OK I didn't bother.  

You can bugger about with them in a million ways, but passed those mods it's diminishing returns in terms of cash for positive improvements I think.  That said, this is airsoft. Yours may really need a metal hop unit to get the best out of it.  You may need to reshim and grease the gearbox etc. 

Test it beside another CYMA AK and see what it performs like in comparison perhaps.  I test my modded G&G M4 beside my lad's standard one.  

OK have you cleaned the gun barrel? Have you used a measured range to set the hop for optimum range with the weight of BBs you are using? Also what BBs are you using I generally find 0.28g are best for stockist guns. I would recommend changing the hop rubber (they do wear out over time), maybe get a better quality 6.03 barrel (I rate sticking with brass). See what improvements you get. Next would be to open up the gearbox clean,  re-shim, regressed and replace o rings. If anything is worn out. If one gear is gone replace all other sticking with the same brand.

Edited by BigStew

There'll always be someone with more range, and a higher RoF.  And if there's not that, it'll be one of them pesky sniper chappies dressed as a tree, or a pre-schooler hidden in a dark corner to zap you.
But the main thing is, those are the words that always precede "I'll just open the gear box" which often ends in tears - or an ever-widening opening of the wallet until you're living in a cardboard box under a bridge...

So unless you're struggling to shoot out to 40-45m (which will probably be fixable with a new hop rubber and nub, and maybe a new barrel), I'd honestly counsel you to concentrate on improving / changing your play-style so that range becomes a secondary issue.   If you're static on the front line, trying to trade shots with a bunch of other guys there will always be a Long Ranger in there to spoil your fun, it's better to find a way to close the range on a flank or through smoke, or encourage some proper covering fire from your teammates so you cancel out that range advantage.

It's easier said than done, I admit, but you give yourself more chance of making a "hero moment" of breaking a deadlock.  I had mine at the last skirmish when I took advantage of a well-placed smoke grenade someone else had thrown to push forward 10 yards and take out the two guys who were completely holding down the rest of my team.   (I'm still waiting for my medal, it must be coming)
That's so much more satisfying than just having a gun that happens to shoot 2m further than your opponent.

All I'd do is swap the hop rubber and nub, as those are very cheap things to do and will have the most impact. Everything else is fine on Cyma guns (generally). Consistency is more important than max range anyway, as I've often had people spray a shower of BBs in my direction, missing entirely, only for me to take one or two well-placed shots to take them out, often to the angry "tAKe yOuR hItS!" call from my target. That and "yoU hAvE a 30m MED dUde!" (when I'm using my 1.1J build) are two of the things that fuel me and I love it every time someone gets all salty at me 😂

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

There'll always be someone with more range, and a higher RoF.  And if there's not that, it'll be one of them pesky sniper chappies dressed as a tree, or a pre-schooler hidden in a dark corner to zap you.
But the main thing is, those are the words that always precede "I'll just open the gear box" which often ends in tears - or an ever-widening opening of the wallet until you're living in a cardboard box under a bridge...

So unless you're struggling to shoot out to 40-45m (which will probably be fixable with a new hop rubber and nub, and maybe a new barrel), I'd honestly counsel you to concentrate on improving / changing your play-style so that range becomes a secondary issue.   If you're static on the front line, trying to trade shots with a bunch of other guys there will always be a Long Ranger in there to spoil your fun, it's better to find a way to close the range on a flank or through smoke, or encourage some proper covering fire from your teammates so you cancel out that range advantage.

It's easier said than done, I admit, but you give yourself more chance of making a "hero moment" of breaking a deadlock.  I had mine at the last skirmish when I took advantage of a well-placed smoke grenade someone else had thrown to push forward 10 yards and take out the two guys who were completely holding down the rest of my team.   (I'm still waiting for my medal, it must be coming)
That's so much more satisfying than just having a gun that happens to shoot 2m further than your opponent.

I'll also echo basically all of this (and I'm ont of those pesky tree cosplayers mentioned!). The advice the old site owner at Worthing, who was one of the big reasons why I got into airsoft, gave to all of us was "if he's 5m out of range, take a few steps forward". Now it's obviously not just as simple as that, but the idea is the same. Get aggressive and push up and you'll really start to make your presence known in game because a lot of people these days just hunker down behind cover and spray BBs into the barricade that the enemy is hunkering down behind.

19 hours ago, irgingermk2 said:

Hi everyone been playing with my cyma 48 for about 9 months now and looking at getting it upgraded what are the best upgrades for this model cheers

People tend to build either high rps or trigger response build or DMR regarding aeg's. Your gun look like an ak-74 so I assume you don't want to build a DMR (but you can in case you want to!). 🤭

All of these require complete gutting of internals and a mosfet so your GB has to be opened.

For a starter I'd only spend money on a decent inner barrel, hop-up bucking and nub. Use heavier and quality BB's for outdoor. If you're still not satisfied, you can spend a small fortune just on mosfet, gears, motor and compression parts.

• Supporters
On 06/03/2023 at 13:27, irgingermk2 said:

Would like abit more range from it as alot of the other guys have a fair bit more  than me 

OK, but we need to know what's wrong with it now.

What weight of BBs are you using?

What energy is it shooting them at?

Are they sufficiently hopped?  BB trajectories can be tricky to see when looking down the gun, it helps to have an observer look at them from the side.  Opinions vary wildly on the ideal trajectory, but I like to see flat, then a little lift at the end, and a sharp drop - this indicates that there's sufficient hop on it. If you go for flat and then drop without a rise, you'll never be sure that you've got enough hop on.  This is what I go for:

image.thumb.png.9bc421033d24ffb4720bcfa257d65b6a.png

Then there's consistency.  Where are the BBs going?  Ideally you'll test this by strapping the thing on a bench and taking the human out of the equation. Just shoot a bunch of BBs in exactly the same direction, and see where they hit a target.

The answer to those questions will lead to useful suggestions for what needs changing.

On 06/03/2023 at 14:53, Impulse said:

Get aggressive and push up and you'll really start to make your presence known in game because a lot of people these days just hunker down behind cover and spray BBs into the barricade that the enemy is hunkering down behind.

This is most outdoor games :)

gunfight-police-squad.gif

I asked ChatGTP:

Q: What is the best upgrade for my Airsoft replica?

A: The best upgrade for your Airsoft replica depends on your specific needs and preferences, as well as the current state of your replica. However, here are some popular upgrade options that you can consider:

Hop-up unit: Upgrading the hop-up unit can improve the accuracy and range of your Airsoft replica. A high-quality hop-up unit can also provide a more consistent and stable trajectory for your BBs.

Inner barrel: A high-quality inner barrel can also improve the accuracy and range of your Airsoft replica. Look for a barrel that is made of quality materials and has a good level of precision.

Spring: Upgrading the spring can increase the velocity of your Airsoft replica, which can be useful for certain types of gameplay.

Gearbox: Upgrading the gearbox can improve the overall performance and reliability of your Airsoft replica. Look for a gearbox that is made of durable materials and has good quality components.

Battery and charger: Upgrading the battery and charger can improve the performance and longevity of your Airsoft replica. Look for high-quality batteries and chargers that are compatible with your Airsoft replica.

Remember, when upgrading your Airsoft replica, it is important to research and choose quality components from reputable manufacturers. It is also a good idea to consult with experienced Airsoft players or a professional technician for advice and assistance.

Damn this thing is going to replace the forum! 

Edited by SSPKali
added AI generated response to the question!

If you want to improve the range, one option would be to fit a Maple Leaf Macaron 60 degree hop rubber and the slightly softer nub from AK2M4: https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-60-nub

The CYMA hop unit is rather decent but, if you want greater consistency and possibly a few extra FPS, you could fit either a Begadi or Combat Union hop unit; however, if you buy the latter you are contributing a few pounds to Putler's war in Ukraine; also, the newer ones are not as good as the earlier ones.

Edited by Colin Allen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.