Help needed choosing a spring

DRaZZ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I hope you are all well!

I want to purchase an M150 spring for my aeg. It's the cybergun colt m4 blast blue fox. I'm struggling to find a detailed spec sheet on this gun but I believe it contains metal gearing in its V2 gearbox.  As a noob I need to know, will all aeg springs fit this gun? I have seen some saying compatible with Aires striker. Which leads me to believe not all aeg springs fit all aeg guns.

If anyone can tell me how to identify the right spring I'd be very grateful.

Also if anyone has a link to a detailed spec sheet on this gun that would be great too.

P.S. I have already been made aware of the legal issues of such power in an auto but I have a lot of private land and this spring is purely for distance target practice. I'm 40 years old and not some crazy kid  looking to hurt or damage anyone or anything!

Also recommendations for a good barrel and hop up to pair with this gun would be helpful.

Thanks in advance guys.

As above, put an M150 in a full auto capable gun and you've got a section 5 firearm. Or have you locked it to semi auto only ? 

If it's for proper target practice on your own land an air rifle is a much better option.

Did you ever buy the chrono you were talking about after you were made aware of the 1.3j legal limit on your previuos thread ?

Waaaaw! That was a needlessly arsey response to a question from a self confessed noob to the sport!

As they are openly sold by legitimate companies and as in a previous thread I had no such response other than its a very tiny chance you would ever be caught, just get a chrono so you can ensure your site legal for games...... I wasn't aware I was being so deeply offensive towards you.

Still, atleast you got your Karen moment and I'm sure you feel important and much better now you got it out of your system!

To nick......

The shop I purchased the gun from has given me the name of a guy in Leicester who has an engineering shop and creates bespoke parts with his cnc Mills and lathes. They told me to speak to him with regards to locking the gun to semi and also creating the bespoke rail I want made, he is a player and does a sideline in airsoft mods. He will be the guy I ask about locking it and making me an ally rail with a far nicer skeletonised pattern down the sides and bottom which I will then be having powder coated blue to keep the gun legal as I'm still not ukara registered. This is why I want info on a decent barrel too, as I don't want different blues on the gun, so aswell as accuracy I will powder coat it the same blue, along with the metal selector, mag release and stock rail.

I haven't purchased a chrono yet but the gun has been chrono'd! With full battery charge it was firing max of 328fps.

I guess I will stick to phoning shops rather than being spoken to like a prick on what appeared to be a friendly and enjoyable forum.

You made the point that you are aware of the law on power , but were asking for recomendations on a spring that would break that law. Maybe a thread that asked about converting your gun to a DMR would have been more apropriate and stating that you intend to semi lock it before upping the power would have rung less alarm bells.

This is a decent forum with good people on it , but none of us are going to intentionally help you break the law .

I stated long distance target practice and that I have been made aware of the law..... what part of that sounds like spraying bullets at 500fps I don't know!

Even if I could have been clearer, I don't think jumping to the wrong conclusion then trying to chastise someone is the way a normal person behaves. Or perhaps I'm just expecting more than I should.

YOU managed to determine my intentions without being a complete dick the entire time though, so maybe I'm not so wrong after all!

At any rate... I'll do my best to keep off of all major news networks, papers and social media sites. So airsoft will survive even MY presence.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, DRaZZ said:

I stated long distance target practice and that I have been made aware of the law..... what part of that sounds like spraying bullets at 500fps I don't know!

Even if I could have been clearer, I don't think jumping to the wrong conclusion then trying to chastise someone is the way a normal person behaves. Or perhaps I'm just expecting more than I should.

YOU managed to determine my intentions without being a complete dick the entire time though, so maybe I'm not so wrong after all!

At any rate... I'll do my best to keep off of all major news networks, papers and social media sites. So airsoft will survive even MY presence.

"bullets" fnar fnar 🤣😜

Lighten up pal, in essence your asking legitimate players for assistance, even if it is only information, on how to manufacture a section 5 firearm, nowt else you've said mitigates that, not here or in the eyes of the law. 

Doesn't matter if you use it 5 miles from the nearest public boundary, in the unlikely event you got nabbed, maybe travelling to or from said private land, & anybody is in the ensuing chain of authority investigating your rif & it's abilities is non pro Airsoft, we could all potentially suffer, given that many of us have many many years & considerable financial investment tied to the game, any change to the status quo is likely to negatively affect us, so salty responses are perfectly justified all things considered. 

& yeah, rather than stick an overpowered spring in a mediocre quality gearbox, likely drastically shortening it's lifespan, get a half decent air rifle, more power & accuracy, & the the ability to hunt live prey (vermin obviously), if your shooting grounds are suitable ? 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, DRaZZ said:

what part of that sounds like spraying bullets at 500fps I don't know!

It doesn't matter what your intent is, only what the toy-that's-suddenly-a-firearm is capable of.  We're also aware that private land tends to be viewable by the public, and Patty Panic likes to screech "MURDER-GUN!".  The news section here has plenty of cautionary tales of airsofters being given unexpected involuntary close-up views of real steel firearms.

All that said, most HPA rigs are likely to be Section 5s, and the chances of anyone actually being done for that are so tiny that I don't see any great threat to the hobby.

So in general terms, I'll say that a V2 gearbox will take V2 "AEG" springs.  There are no actual standards in airsoft, and no two "M150" springs are going to be the same, either manufacturer to manufacturer, or batch to batch.  Suck it and see.

However, I'd caution against fitting an M150 not for the legal issues but because V2 shells are prone to cracking at the front: a heavier spring can literally blow the front of the gearbox off.  You may find that your motor struggles to pull an M150 as well, and could be prone to locking up.

And for airsoft purposes, more energy often doesn't mean more effective range anyway: there's little point slinging BBs 5 or 10 metres further if they're all over the place at that range.

If you want to increase target accuracy, it's all about consistency.  Air seal, barrel stabilisation (put some tape on it until it's as snug as you can get it), and the hop unit pressed back against the gearbox solidly.

Barrels, we like ZCI (or AOLS) for value.  Hop units, the ZCI plastic rotary hop is loved, and is likely to work well enough in any generic M4, but there's nothing standard or guaranteed in airsoft.  Maple Leaf 50, 60 or 70 degree hop rubbers (Macaron or Autobot, not the silicone MR), and Maple Leaf omego nubs or knock off equivalents.

ak2m4.co.uk is a great source for parts, and is run by a very decent chap.

12 hours ago, Tackle said:

That's it, make the rest of us look like arseholes😜

You mean we're not all arseholes?

To the OP, if you're wanting to do target shooting at range you'll get better results with an air rifle. Not only would it be cheaper but the gun will be far less likely to shit the bed at those power levels and accuracy will be better (there's a reason real steel guns switched from smoothbore and balls to rifled barrels and bullets)

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

You mean we're not all arseholes?

I am insulted!  I've worked hard for decades to become one.

(Although I agree that target shooting = airgun, not airsoft)

• 2 months later...

The vast majority of gearbox shells on the market won't stand up to a true M150. Much less a V2. Much less the gears. Much less any bearings that may be present. Much less the piston. Etc, etc. The first question I'd have is not legality, but whether you gun will ever fire a *single time* with an M150 installed. And knowing that it's a Cybergun product, I can almost guarantee that it will not.

That being said... if you do want an M150... go PDI or Guarder. 😁

PDI are darn tricky to track down nowadays, but Guarder can still be found relatively easily, and having used their M150-M140 variants, I can confirm that they are just as high quality as the rest of the lineup.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.