Help needed, looking for NVG mount adapter for torch or torch for NVG mount

Trashpanda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

Was wondering if anybody can assist me in a search as I feel like I've hit a wall at the moment.

Basically I'm after a torch that can go onto an NVG mount on the front of the helmet or some form of adapter that will allow me to mount a torch on the NVG mount.

Bellow is an image of the Mich helmet that I'm running for reference.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Trash Panda.

Mich Helmet With Rails Tactical Black Fibreglass Uk

I would suggest getting a work head torch,cutting the elastic straps off and running the battery box to the rear of the lid and securing with glue,blue tack,nails or whatever.

The light unit could be fitted to a go pro adapter and inserted into the nvg fitting or alternatively glued but by gluing you have no real adjusent.

Regards 

This might sound like an odd question - but why? What is it you're looking to do? 

If the torch is for personal admin then there are lots of options available on the market, such as the Princeton tech mpls or there is a mount/body that can be fitted to take a m300 head and cap. 

There a lots of pics of seals etc running headtorches on their helmets, as long as it's not a civilian coloured one it should look pretty standard. I personally prefer to have mine around my neck 

If the torch is to see when you're looking for enemies, then I'd recommend a torch on your rif, something like an x300 for a pistol for m600 for a rifle, these are clones of surefire torches and available from most big retailers. Running around in the dark with a torch on makes you an easy target, the momentary on/off of these rif mounted torches means you can be sneaky but have light when needed. The torch will then also help you aim and it's nice and intuitive. 

To answer your question as to why it is for when I run my LMG as a torch can't be mounted onto it I would need the light to see when going from point to point in dark buildings and tunnels etc.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Trashpanda said:

Morning all,

Was wondering if anybody can assist me in a search as I feel like I've hit a wall at the moment.

Basically I'm after a torch that can go onto an NVG mount on the front of the helmet or some form of adapter that will allow me to mount a torch on the NVG mount.

Kind regards,

Trash Panda.

You've hit a wall because the kit your looking for doesn't exist, yes you could try to amalgamate an nvg mount to a head torch, but it's likely no one has done it previously because it's reliant on potentially wrecking 2 good bits of kit to make 1 mediocre piece of kit that can only ever be used in that particular set up. 

There's plenty of options for helmet mounted lights, low or high output, coloured light or ir output, rail mount or helmet clip. 

In order to give you the best advice we need more information, what your trying to achieve in its use, power output etc. 

8 minutes ago, Trashpanda said:

To answer your question as to why it is for when I run my LMG as a torch can't be mounted onto it I would need the light to see when going from point to point in dark buildings and tunnels etc.

My post went up as your post did, but for starters the two won't work well together, too much misalignment, even if we're trying to aim down sights. 

Then there's the issue of constantly reaching up to the head torch to turn on/off or adjust setting as most brands have to be "cycled" through the various outputs. 

There are some taclites with better options, such as high output main beam coupled with very low output leds for moving around without giving away your position, such as a Rico tac9. 

You say there is no option for mounting taclites on your lmg, not so, there's got to be a possibility to mount a rail somewhere, failing that Jerry rigging something on ?, what model lmg is it ? 

From your responses, I think your best option is mounted to your lmg. 

You can get barrel mounts and depending on the lmg you can add rail sections that would then take a torch. 

It'll allow a bigger more powerful torch (useful when looking for players 20 metres plus away, you'll never get a good enough head torch set up for that) and you can run a pressure pad or similar so you can be more tactical with it.

I've done a lot of night games, head mounted lights for admin, weapon mounted for fighting. 

To answer your responses the Lmg I am running is the MG42 by Agm so I don't have rails and dont know if I could jerry rig one.

if youre set to have a light on youre head then id look for a picatinny rail that attaches to the helmet rails and then get a light that fixes to that. other than that is look to jubilee clips some pic rail to the gun and attach a light that way.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Trashpanda said:

To answer your responses the Lmg I am running is the MG42 by Agm so I don't have rails and dont know if I could jerry rig one.

To be honest, piss easy to rig a temporary ris rail to an mg42, all those barrel shroud slots are screaming out for an appropriate sized washer behind them & a rail bolted through, no holes drilled & easy to remove when not needed. 

Yep I know a rail on a 42 isn't historically correct, but personally if I was determined to use a 42 in night games, being as heavy & cumbersome as they are, I think it'd be much safer for you & the gun if the light was barrel mounted, everything focused together so to speak, if that makes sense ? 

That's not to say don't have a head torch or helmet rail  mounted torch for personal admin needs & fiddly shit, but for actual "combat", weapon mounted is the way to go. 

Makes perfect sense correct, I will take on board all the advice and see what I can do with getting one on the 42, most likely get a side mount torch on the helmet for the admin and fiddly bits like you said.

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate it. :D

Edited by Trashpanda

1 hour ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Rails and torches on an MG42 

06E51FD8-56F2-4788-B101-D8778670C3EC.gif.8f157b7fa4fb5c9dbbb82635acdbcbb6.gif

but as above ,100mph tape ,  jubilee clips or cable tie that shit on and get blasting .

I THINK there may have been Vampire mount for the Spandau. I am not referring to Tony Hadley either. 😋

04E19D1E-4DDD-4B37-A410-C26451CFEFC7.jpeg.013016b3b45f07a07281fe14f4298b02.jpeg

Actually I’m probably thinking of the 251 half track NV and Spotlight for the MG42.

13B1A61B-4B75-4A65-AA8A-EF2D1BB967F7.jpeg.e053f2987d4354e0021be4448e225084.jpeg5E6F04F7-EB5C-4E89-9F89-AFA235D954AB.jpeg.f6f549f7e8d791d90ba03ab28fc409f9.jpeg

Tad bulky for skirmishing!

Edited by The Waco Kid

Get an articulating mount for a surefire head to go on your rail, these can be really useful. 

You could Jerry rig a headlamp into a GoPro helmet mount I guess?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Trashpanda said:

Makes perfect sense correct, I will take on board all the advice and see what I can do with getting one on the 42, most likely get a side mount torch on the helmet for the admin and fiddly bits like you said.

Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate it. :D

Here's the solution for your helmet:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225305990836?hash=item34754896b4:g:FSsAAOSwFdpiZIO5&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoCfi16Mu58AbV6qQiR2lVOZgQtGotqfN2M59yc4M8Tmu9iw7mQe39jbOht7ZuvIFRUYvnCLeo53KnDn5XajBGXpTxo1rP8riJ3WMlLa8Zf8Kr07MkwoAnuozaYH2mDJnBIEr%2FCO6dh6MWrJebASjVkVbA7JQVTAJ64GI544uXr0hKdCsZAZEXYdRNt7jklxHJ0t0v9VX8LnIemwDD2nDwdQ%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6Smut-vYQ

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I remember that name from Mack's...

Can't say I remember it (was he the numpty knocking out fake sig sights as real ?) , but price is OK (clone obviously) & it's ebay so as long as its paid for with PayPal can't see there being an issue. 

It was just the one item, an arguably  overpriced stock.   He's got good feedback on ebay.   I'd go for the torch. 

Just a reminder really that it's a small (airsoft) world!  

• Supporters
On 04/01/2023 at 09:56, Trashpanda said:

Morning all,

Kind regards,

Trash Panda.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Streamlight-145146-SSI-Sidewinder-HeaDStrap-14514/dp/B007CA5FX8/ref=asc_df_B007CA5FX8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=480745152717&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15552315916942768910&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045742&hvtargid=pla-438995141421&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Nitecore HC60 or HC65 comes as either a standard light which you can get the NVG mount adapter, or as an NVG mount version straight out the box.  You’re looking at about £80-£100 all in either way, but they are available.

Edited by Duff Beer
Added link

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.