Why yes the Police can be a bit clueless at times .

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 19/02/2022 at 08:28, Oneshotscott said:

Don't ridicule them for doing their job when you made the mistake /error yourself.

That take is edgier than the spud peeler that Druid had the temerity to import.

Haha he has it in duplicate now so no mistake. 😉

14 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Well mr Smuggy Mcfucknuts IF you’d actually read my post properly you’d have seen I said the very same knife was for sale in the UK already only reason I was buying it from over seas was it was out of stock at the moment . I do realise it’s probably an awfully hard task for you but do try and get your facts right before trying(and failing) to troll someone ? There’s a good little spunktrumpet .

Savvy ?

“Mr Smuggy MckFucknuts” 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/02/2022 at 15:34, EvilMonkee said:

I wouldn't have even let him in the front door without some form of warrant.  They have zero right to come into your home.  And I am a copper (Civvie/Military) of 20 odd years...

Whilst I agree that OP could have demanded a warrant in these specific circumstances, folks reading this should be aware that this isn't applicable to all situations and shouldn't be relied upon.

For those reading; there are a number of powers in certain circumstances that allow a Police Constable to enter without a warrant. When those circumstances are met then refusing access and demanding a warrant will probably just result in you left with a big old hole in your front door!

As it stands it sounds like there was polite conversation between OP and the officer who was then satisfied that no law had been broken and no further action was then taken. I'd suggest putting in a refund claim against Border Force for the destroyed item if you are confident no law was broken. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, SleekDogs said:

For those reading; there are a number of powers in certain circumstances that allow a Police Constable to enter without a warrant.

I can't see how this was one of them though.  Of course there's always the argument that when permission is refused, it triggers the condition that the evidence is likely to be destroyed or removed before a warrant can be obtained.  Rather circular though.

3 hours ago, SleekDogs said:

When those circumstances are met then refusing access and demanding a warrant will probably just result in you left with a big old hole in your front door!

It certainly can, but how often does it happen?  Can you provide some examples of where UK police have performed unannounced forced entry, without waiting to see if anyone opens the door, even with a warrant?

I'm not actually advocating the "come back when you have a warrant" strategy, if you're convinced that no evidence of any criminality will be apparent once you invite the vampire copper in.

However, how confident are you that you know every possible offence that you might be committing?

Just for example, if you have a knife or sword with a curved blade over 50cm, that's now an offence to even possess in private.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.