S6 gas mask airsoft safe

parramoom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i bought a wrecked s6 and wondering how would i make the lenses safe for airsoft 

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, parramoom said:

So i bought a wrecked s6 and wondering how would i make the lenses safe for airsoft 

You can buy actual AIRSOFT safe lenses for them , but as big stew said I guarantee you’ll be sweating like a pig in a Mosque if you wear one to play Airsoft . 🥵

Going to be tough and expensive finding airsoft safe lenses for an S6 as they're curved.

Its easy to get ones for S10 or FM12

But as BigStew said, you may not survive a game wearing one.

The fogging will be ridiculous too

15 minutes ago, BigStew said:

you could replace the lenses with thick polycarbonate sheet. would require a bit of testing and you would never be sure you could trust them. Also trying to do any sort of activity in a gas mask gets deeply unpleasant quickly. Many have tried most have realised it was a bad idea.  

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You can buy actual AIRSOFT safe lenses for them , but as big stew said I guarantee you’ll be sweating like a pig in a Mosque if you wear one to play Airsoft . 🥵

Yes but the exhale port has failed and does not work anymore and i can breathe freely and since its cold where i am i thought i coukd make one up

1 minute ago, parramoom said:

Yes but the exhale port has failed and does not work anymore and i can breathe freely and since its cold where i am i thought i coukd make one up

Still restricted air flow. i have observed many people play in gas masks in varying levels of function and they have always ditched them in quick order. same with cosplayers actually gas masks aren't really meant to be worn for long periods of time.   

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, parramoom said:

The problem with respirators and physical activity is no matter how good an airflow you have it’ll just never keep up with the heat exchange needed to avoid cooking your head in it ! 🤯

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The problem with respirators and physical activity is no matter how good an airflow you have it’ll just never keep up with the heat exchange needed to avoid cooking your head in it ! 🤯

Thats true, how would i go about making a iranian embassy seige loadout then?

I have seen someone use an S6 with the lenses replaced.  Chap said that it was a proper tough job getting flat lenses in though.  

You could try a fan for airflow, but the PC fans are often are a touch weak even for goggles.

You could try and replace the lenses and all the other orifices with mesh, e.g. base of the filter, any valves etc.  

As an alternative, you could learn to breath through your ears.  I'm lost for suggestions after that.  

I fitted Polycarbonate lenses in an s6 before. Long time ago though so can't remember specifics but its definitely doable should you want to torcher yourself.

11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I have seen someone use an S6 with the lenses replaced.  Chap said that it was a proper tough job getting flat lenses in though.  

You could try a fan for airflow, but the PC fans are often are a touch weak even for goggles.

You could try and replace the lenses and all the other orifices with mesh, e.g. base of the filter, any valves etc.  

As an alternative, you could learn to breath through your ears.  I'm lost for suggestions after that.  

I might do that but is mesh safe enough ive seen bbs go through mesh ? 

4 hours ago, heroshark said:

I fitted Polycarbonate lenses in an s6 before. Long time ago though so can't remember specifics but its definitely doable should you want to torcher yourself.

Harder than putting them in a pmg gas mask? 

9 minutes ago, parramoom said:

I might do that but is mesh safe enough ive seen bbs go through mesh ? 

I’m going to say no, because:

1) I don’t think that mesh is safe at all, due to the nature of mesh

2) You then have the issue of trying to secure mesh ‘lenses’ adding the new problem of total failure by knocking mesh out of the eye hole

Respirator lenses can be replaced with suitable lenses provided that the replacement meets appropriate impact standards, is the right thickness for the eye holes, and is securely fitted whilst being able to remain in situ during any impact

A ‘compromise’ is to fit impact lenses or mesh as well as you can to the respirator plus to always wear suitable impact glasses type eye protection under the respirator which introduces new problems of enough space between face & respirator, mangling your face with glasses on and trying to put the respirator on, more steaming up and being uncomfortable 

48 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I’m going to say no, because:

1) I don’t think that mesh is safe at all, due to the nature of mesh

2) You then have the issue of trying to secure mesh ‘lenses’ adding the new problem of total failure by knocking mesh out of the eye hole

Respirator lenses can be replaced with suitable lenses provided that the replacement meets appropriate impact standards, is the right thickness for the eye holes, and is securely fitted whilst being able to remain in situ during any impact

A ‘compromise’ is to fit impact lenses or mesh as well as you can to the respirator plus to always wear suitable impact glasses type eye protection under the respirator which introduces new problems of enough space between face & respirator, mangling your face with glasses on and trying to put the respirator on, more steaming up and being uncomfortable 

I was thinking what if i get one of those systems that blows air into the mask i think they are called papr systems but i think they are loud?

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

ARSEHOLE ! Many many Airsofters talk through theirs so one would think you could breath through it as well ? 😉🤣🤣🤣

You know im just gonna use my fm12 for now ill see what i can do with the s6 

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2022 at 22:09, parramoom said:

Did you do it?

IIRC you need a special tool/press to correctly fit  S10 lenses. Never really got to play with an S6 although I am aware of at least 1 person turning up at Phoenix with an issued S6 and the phrase "I think this might be a bit old" and immediately being issued with a GSR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.