Favoured BBs

mickyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

afaik the only use of melons as bb targets was redwolf showing off one of the airsoft miniguns.

i assume that showing off obscene rates of fire is their only real utility in airsoft.

Ahhh yes I saw that video... what a waste of a good melon... Although it's got me thinking.... maybe I'll do an educational video along the lines of which brand of bb's is preferable to explode a melon...do you think I'm onto something here? All those clicks and thumbs up?

• Supporters
Just now, AlphaBear said:

Ahhh yes I saw that video... what a waste of a good melon... Although it's got me thinking.... maybe I'll do an educational video along the lines of which brand of bb's is preferable to explode a melon...do you think I'm onto something here? All those clicks and thumbs up?

well afaik frangible ammunition is the most effective at energy transfer, so maybe nuprol bb's?

:P

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

well afaik frangible ammunition is the most effective at energy transfer, so maybe nuprol bb's?

Now that is really taking things a step too far.... in fact that's crossing the line... asking someone to try Nurprol bb's in their gat... #shockingsir :P

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Now that is really taking things a step too far.... in fact that's crossing the line... asking someone to try Nurprol bb's in their gat... #shockingsir :P

bu... but.... science?

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

bu... but.... science?

Talking of science..... check this out... on my quest to see what bb is favoured for blasting a watermelon I've just come across this... it's a salt thingybob 'shotgun'.. I mean who actually buys this stuff? And it's like £50!! I mean it's 2 tone... so no UKARA defence will be needed I guess?

Edited by AlphaBear

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Talking of science..... check this out... on my quest to see what bb is favoured for blasting a watermelon I've just come across this... it's a salt thingybob 'shotgun'.. I mean who actually buys this stuff? And it's like £50!! I mean it's 2 tone... so no UKARA defence will be needed I guess?

hmm, might need to get in on that.

mans has a spider repeller in literally every room in the house but still i get the big ass bastards (i'm talking 2.5+ inchers :blink:) showing up every now and then.

get a cat they said, it'll keep the spiders down they said, aye right, furry fecker knows i hate spiders and keeps them alive just to torture me.......

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

I read something about strawberries earlier but I find the seeds get stuck in my teeth.... 

Raspberries are worse for seeds.  

Melons are good for putting vodka in.   

On 09/04/2022 at 21:33, AlphaBear said:
On 09/04/2022 at 21:26, Adolf Hamster said:

I find melons fascinating, they come in different sizes too... 

Don't most blokes? ajAMq71_460s.jpg.0b78a882e70242ed29d1ac49bd716e56.jpg

On 09/04/2022 at 21:33, AlphaBear said:

Has anyone used a melon as a BB target?

I'm not sure I want airsofter unloads on melons in my search history 

Hiya,

A new brand has popped up recently called Warhead Delta. Warhead are very well known for their motors and have now started to make BBS. Their pricing is fantastic and sometimes over half the amount i would normally pay.

My goto is Geoffs but having shot over 4kg over the weekend of Warhead i can confirm that they are as good, for half the price.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, wicksy101 said:

Warhead are very well known for their motors and have now started to make rebrand someone else's BBS.

Fixed that for you.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Fixed that for you.

Their website states that they produce them themselves, either they don't care about a false advertising claim or they actually do. The massive price difference would also indicate they they are doing something different to other brands

• Supporters
1 minute ago, wicksy101 said:

Their website states that they produce them themselves, either they don't care about a false advertising claim or they actually do. The massive price difference would also indicate they they are doing something different to other brands

From their website:

Warhead is part of a Chinese registered company (KO Venture Technologies) with staff hailing from Europe , UK , Australia and China. 

So they are a Chinese manufacturer that no doubt makes BBs for other people. They'll be cheaper because they're selling them direct without other peoples markups.

This is the parent company (which explains why they make decent motors) https://www.ko-technologies.com/about-us

Fun fact, I spent some time working about an hour up the road in Zhangjiagang.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I exclusively use the yellow ones that come in the little packet with new guns.

I love them, what they lack in range they make up for by literally slicing the enemy with their rough seams 🤕

#0.12'sFTW 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.