N*****sch - are they slower than an asthmatic ant with some particularly heavy shopping?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah, I've made a faux pas with dealing with Satan and all his minions, and admitting it in public.  But I did spot some stuff in the Black Friday sale that really took my fancy, so I've paid my coins to Beelzebub, and there's just nothing any of us can do about that now.

My purchase was on the 26th November.  Shortly after I got an email saying 'order completed'. But DHL (who may also be the Devil, or just in league with him) have had the same status of 'electronically notified' since then.   So basically as far as I can tell, they've packed up my order but it's not even in transit yet.

Is this unusual?  What happened to all that Germanic / Austrian efficiency?   Is it all DHL's fault?  Have I been 'Brexited'?
I have pinged Novritsch an email to chase, but no reply yet.

edit:  Oopsie.   Just noticed I should have put this in the 'Places to buy' section.   Sorry about that.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 minute ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah, I've made a faux pas with dealing with Satan and all his minions, and admitting it in public.  But I did spot some stuff in the Black Friday sale that really took my fancy, so I've paid my coins to Beelzebub, and there's just nothing any of us can do about that now.

My purchase was on the 26th November.  Shortly after I got an email saying 'order completed'. But DHL (who may also be the Devil, or just in league with him) have had the same status of 'electronically notified' since then.   So basically as far as I can tell, they've packed up my order but it's not even in transit yet.

Is this unusual?  What happened to all that Germanic / Austrian efficiency?   Is it all DHL's fault?  Have I been 'Brexited'?
I have pinged Novritsch an email to chase, but no reply yet.

Black Friday slows everything down I presume. I ordered a guitar from Germany and I had the same message from DHL up until Thursday of last week, should be delivered today. 

• Supporters

It’s all Brexit’s fault , apparently when we enacted Brexit the UK ever so slightly time shifted in to a parallel dimension so that the country is now half in half out of the dimension that rest of the World is in , hence on the whole the rest of the world can’t get fuck all of what we’ve bought to us in a timely fashion(if at all) where’s as the day before it happened they could ! 😳

Yeah, Brexit.  What a clusterf*ck.  My sister-in-law works in logistics, it's been a disaster.

On 11/12/2020 at 15:22, Solar said:

There will no doubt be a few weeks of disruption and then things will settle back down. After the economic upheaval of covid I dont really think Brexit is going to be too bad in the grand scheme of things

Yeah sorry @Solar for dragging this out of the history books, but I spotted this post last week when reading the TW thread... it hasn't aged well ;D

Anyway, unless DHL just never bother updating their statuses until delivery, then the real issue I have is that it seems it's not got as far even being in their hands yet... Novritsch are the ones dragging their heels and no-one can blame Brexit (yet) :D

At the end of the day, the vote happened 5 years ago so there's been plenty time to prepare.

During which, our esteemed government piss-farted about, tried to go back on a vote multiple times, farted about some more, waffled a load of keech, fannied about trying to reach some sort of "deal" which was made an arse of anyway, farted about again, and eventually after much piss-arsing about told businesses with seemingly days to spare until Brexit day what the craic was... and still left them none the wiser.

And here we are.

On 06/12/2021 at 15:50, Ebeneezer Goode said:

At the end of the day, the vote happened 5 years ago so there's been plenty time to prepare.

During which, our esteemed government piss-farted about, tried to go back on a vote multiple times, farted about some more, waffled a load of keech, fannied about trying to reach some sort of "deal" which was made an arse of anyway, farted about again, and eventually after much piss-arsing about told businesses with seemingly days to spare until Brexit day what the craic was... and still left them none the wiser.

And here we are.

Yeah, but look at the £350m we have each week, the control on immigration and the great trade deals with other countries the blue passports now?

In non-Brexit news, Novritsch replied saying 'everything is fine, nothing to see here' etc, and fair enough DHL have updated their status a few times in short order such that my stuff is now on British soil, and in the hands of our esteemed friends at HM Revenue & Customs.  

I actually forgot to add my serious response.

I've found with DHL when getting Apple stuff from the Netherlands, they scan the parcel received, chuck it on a pallet or container, then ship that when it's full or scheduled. So you parcel doesn't get scanned again until they unload that cargo at the other end. So its nothing....nothing.... nothing... i'm pulling into your road now, hope you're in.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I actually forgot to add my serious response.

I've found with DHL when getting Apple stuff from the Netherlands, they scan the parcel received, chuck it on a pallet or container, then ship that when it's full or scheduled. So you parcel doesn't get scanned again until they unload that cargo at the other end. So its nothing....nothing.... nothing... i'm pulling into your road now, hope you're in.

Sad thing is your not kidding ! 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Yeah, but look at the £350m we have each week, the control on immigration and the great trade deals with other countries the blue passports now?

Which aren’t made in the UK 🤣🤣

My mates waiting for a huge Nov order that's just been sent back to Austria! It's been in the UK for a few weeks and then someone's decided in their infinite wisdom to just fuck it off back to Novritch!

So NOV's just footed the €1600 courier fee's to send it back again!

Unfortunately its not the first time it's happened. My mates first order went missing. So Nov had to send the complete order again (several grands worth) and I'm sure that had issues with customs again as well.

My delivery turned up today. Yay!

A fairly painful wait, as its missed what might have been my last game of the year, but I have to say the kit itself is nice.  The modular suppressor is very much like the cheap AliExpress one I got last week, but that was actually nicely made so I'm not going to complain. And the modular design is good.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

much like the cheap AliExpress one I got last week

Bet nobody saw that coming huh?

I hadn't looked at the site for years, they just had the SSG and maybe one pistol at the time.  Looked again last night, pretty big line now.  Also watched a video about their plate carrier since that's my field and that was.. interesting.  The staff at the company is apparently 55 people now so those old rumours about customer service being shit because it was just him working from his house definitely don't apply anymore.

As with the RIFs, all the kit is just slightly modified versions of cheap chinese stuff available elsewhere; admittedly with some reasonable input visibly based on a lot of playing airsoft.  As with anything, if you order enough they'll make alterations to a product from the factories.  The way the company was born and has evolved is certainly interesting and pretty unique compared to the classic old model of manufacturers and retailers.

I may be putting a little too much stock in what Neggy Airsoft Man says, because I like his videos plus I don't know enough to be able to disagree with him, but the last vid I saw of him dealing with a Novritsch gun was interesting.  He didn't complain about Novritsch, he complained about the choice of VFC as the basis for the guns, and failures of the VFC parts that Nov hadn't touched.   (Mind you, he was getting paid by Nov as a sub-contractor to fix a gun which was having trouble getting shipped back and forth.  He complemented their customer service for doing that)

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what the future holds... people like me who have come in to the sport / returned to the fold recently see a couple of Nov videos and think "that's cool" and are happy to pay (extra) for the gear... more seasoned veterans see past the slick marketing and website (which IS good from what I've seen) and have turned against him.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20211222-081057.thumb.jpg.2caf06243dce3694073de5f3b42b3158.jpg

Some positive news for those waiting for a UK stockist. UKFOB and Ammo drop should have stock tomorrow!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.