Run Your Sling Through A Plate Carriers Shoulders?

Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What are peoples opinions on this, yes or no?

Positive for me is that it won't chafe / cut into my neck anymore. 

Negative is that the single point sling will become dead center on my chest and be a bugger to remove quickly if I need to.

If you don't intend to climb, crawl or your gun hitting you in the nuts every now and then its a tested method. Really popular way to carry 10 years ago. Have you tried a 2 point sling that can be adjusted on the fly? Can have it lose when in use so no chaffing the pull it tight to body when you want it out the way.

I run a single through a shoulder strap on my pc when using my mp9, but it's a ops plate carrier sling, so only a single strap of webbing.

Other than that it's a quick action2 point (5.11 vtac padded)

• Supporters

And another one for the "Things I'd never even considered, but now have to run out the garage to try." list.

[UPDATE] Stupid sexy 3-point slings, there's no way to thread them through.

Two point / single point, OK, I get it, that's pretty secure. However, I prefer the flexibility of being able to sling around to the back, or take it off entirely.

I've tried it. Didn't get on with it. What I got on a bit better with was running a 2 point through a single shoulder strap. It was more comfortable but limited my ability to hot switch shoulders. 

i use one like this (an 8 fields versions from TG)

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/viper-tactical-modular-gun-sling-single-point-bungee

i find it hands under your arm as the bar hooks behind your shoulder, sooooo you couldnt run with it hangin there, but easy to unclip or drop when stationary

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

i use one like this (an 8 fields versions from TG)

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/viper-tactical-modular-gun-sling-single-point-bungee

i find it hands under your arm as the bar hooks behind your shoulder, sooooo you couldnt run with it hangin there, but easy to unclip or drop when stationary

Now that I like a lot, especially seeing how it mounts on the back...

2_20152239-ded8-41c1-bab5-846e4e3456bd_4

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Fatboy40 said:

Now that I like a lot, especially seeing how it mounts on the back...

2_20152239-ded8-41c1-bab5-846e4e3456bd_4

I have a similar one (old Ferro Concepts jobber) and it's good but it does have its limitations. It's not great for transitioning from right to left shoulders, it doesn't control your gun AT ALL when you swap to your sidearm and it's a faff to change setup (from PC to chest rig for example).

• Supporters

I think there's various good reasons this idea died off in the real world.  Use a real simple, robust and effective 1 or 2 point sling on its' own, protect your neck with a shirt with appropriate collar or a snood/neckie/clava/whatever.

I'm trying this at my next skirm. Don't usually run with a sling however last time round with the bullpup I started to wish I had one.

Picked up a convertible 1/2 point sling on Amazon afterwards and trying it whilst tarting about the house dressed up... errr sorry I mean trying out my updated loadout it felt good.

if it doesn't work I'll wear it conventionally or just ditch it. No hassles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.