TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

Had my preorder conformation come through, hurrah!

So question time:

Recommend me a battery to fit the Magpul handguard please?

Im probably going to be a heathen and get the drum mag and adapter unless I can find magazines.

16 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Had my preorder conformation come through, hurrah!

So question time:

Recommend me a battery to fit the Magpul handguard please?

Im probably going to be a heathen and get the drum mag and adapter unless I can find magazines.

I use this battery in my magpul handguard: https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4693/s/vapextech-airsoft-7-4v-1300mah-25c-lipo-cranstock-battery-with-case-lp302-deans-version/

I would recommend switching the connectors of the battery to MR30's so you don't need to use the adapter as space is tight

That's really neat. I was looking for a way to mount a flashlight to my NGRS. Though I run a UH-1 on mine so may have to go another route as I'm lacking in rail space. Absolutely jealous of your spare mags! 

I got 10 minutes out of mine at the weekend and then it made the expensive noise.

Disassembly today reveals a stripped piston, although gears are intact. Anyone know if this is proprietary to the MP5, or if it's common to the AK/G36 series? (doesn't look the same tbh)

Obvious follow up question - where to get one?

1 hour ago, Hatchet said:

I got 10 minutes out of mine at the weekend and then it made the expensive noise.

Disassembly today reveals a stripped piston, although gears are intact. Anyone know if this is proprietary to the MP5, or if it's common to the AK/G36 series? (doesn't look the same tbh)

talk to Frank at fire-support. he can order from TM but it won't be quick (usual TM slowness)

3 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Oh jeez. That's not good at all. Had you done anything to the gun? This is the first I've heard of the piston stripping. 

Yup, installed a new spring a while ago (Eagle6 M100 I think), so I accept this is probably down to me. It was literally just a spring change though. Nothing else got touched.

• Supporters

Bet you didn't even conduct the swap in a hermetic chamber to contain the TM dust 🙄

It's half a joke... I think we're in that early-adopter phase right now with people treading unknown ground with the platform.  It may be a one off of course, or maybe this design really doesn't like to be not-stock, or maybe it was a bad early batch, no way to say for sure.  Personally I'm only changing the externals on mine and the plan is for that to be all I do, at least for say 3-5 years, even then only in the event they release more variants, the user base grows and really good MOSFETs come out perhaps that are even better than the stock one.  My SOCOMs have a few little internal changes in 2 out of 3 (Deans swaps excluded), but I've left one dead stock and I'll bring one modded + the stock gun to any given game, which has worked nicely for many years I have to say.

It's fair. I fell into the "moar powaaaah!" trap. Also playing outdoors in a dusty environment and judging by the amount of crap, grit, etc on the innards it hasn't helped.

I guess by the time I get spares, there'll be mags back in stock.

Incidentally, there were a load over at Impulse101, which I was going to order but... eh, maybe not right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2022 at 17:37, Hatchet said:

Hey mate just happen to be in Camoraids and noticed a ngrs mp5 being worked on and they are using the new FPS TM ak pistons for the mp5 with a lil modification. Worth speaking to them with how long TM spare parts take.

1 hour ago, SonnyMP5 said:

Hey mate just happen to be in Camoraids and noticed a ngrs mp5 being worked on and they are using the new FPS TM ak pistons for the mp5 with a lil modification. Worth speaking to them with how long TM spare parts take.

Cheers for that. I was in the Combat South shop this week and had a similar conversation with them. This might be the way to go since there are aftermarket AK ones more readily available. Will report back with any news.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Was the new SL stock a drop in fit?

It wasn’t. Had to remove material from the retractable stock which in turn would allow it to be pulled off from the base if the lever is held down manually. The hole for the pin lines up properly however though you’ll really want a locking pin for the rear. I used the one from the other MP5 with the UMP folding stock (has the QD sling mount).

SL handguard was also not a drop in fit. You had to remove material around the back end of the handguard so it slots into place.

Hi all. Finally received my MP5 A5 today. I have trawled this thread but can anyone confirm the best battery for these in a standard set up? 

I was looking at this -

https://www.vapextech.co.uk/airsoft-7-4v-1600mah-30c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp014-vapextech

7 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

MP5SD6 up for sale on impulse101 now. With EMS shipping it works out at around £550

plus 4% import fee and 20% VAT, and then a handling fee if you’re unlucky 

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

plus 4% import fee and 20% VAT, and then a handling fee if you’re unlucky 

True. It's up on wolf Armouries for £550 but isn't planned to be in stock until Q1 2023 for those with patience.

Feeding/magazine help…

Hi gents, hoping you can help.
I have an issue with feeding on some particular mags, some are better than others but the issue can still occur on the goods mags.

As you can see on the video, it doesn’t like to feed until I press the bottom of the mag forwards. It’s a rather intermittent issue but the video shows it at its worst.

I think it has something to do with the alignment of the hop unit entry tripping the bb release on the mag but I wondered if anyone has had similar issues and how they solved it. 

I’ve reassembled multiple times and can’t see anything out of the ordinary.

any help or suggestions appreciated 👍🏻