Jump to content

Help Me Build a Disposable One-use Automatic Uzi


Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone!

 

I'm working on a project, and I need to build an airsoft automatic mini uzi that will be used just ONCE. I'm looking for the cheapest parts and solutions that can yield automatic firing. I'm just talking about the mechanisms of the gun, forget the body, but bearing in mind it will have to fit within a Tokyo Marui uzi. Any ideas? Thank you so much, people. Looking forward to hearing from you.

 

Peace and love.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

Dude, are you talking about it firing bb's airsoft stylee, or trying to build, for example, blank firing internals to fit inside a tm uzi ?, for filming etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Airsoft guns are not capable of being made into makeshift, guns... They are toys and break easily even the airsoft ak's are about as durable as a remote controlled helicopter.  If its for filming buy a GBB Mac 11 they cycle and spray gas you can add film FX to them very easily.

Edited by padraigthesniper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

Er, confused.  The only TM "mini" Uzi that I'm aware of is the diddy toy sized version that takes AA batteries and shoots about .1J, fully auto only.

 

 

 

Are you talking about that one, or the full sized TM Uzi - which I'd be surprised to see anyone meddling with given the rarity.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

TM only make a full size Uzi so do you have a Springer or AEG? Unless you mean the toy scale ones which are electric anyway. cheapest quickest option is just to buy a Well full size AEP Uzi, next cheapest option will be to fit a kwc gbb mini Uzi into the body you have, it wouldn't require that much modification. Other option is HPA (expensive and will require lots of fabrication work) or get an AEP Mac 11 and fit the internals ( a lot cheaper than HPA but still lots of fabrication).

Edited by BigStew
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

why the hell does it only need to work once?

 

tbh, it's likely impossible, by which i mean if it's capable of spewing bb's on auto at all then that de-facto will make it reusable.

 

as mentioned the cheapest solution is to just buy one of the existing products that already do exactly what you want, even with the depreciation selling it on secondhand when you're done it'll be orders of magnitude cheaper and easier than making something yourself that works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Dude, are you talking about it firing bb's airsoft stylee, or trying to build, for example, blank firing internals to fit inside a tm uzi ?, for filming etc

Yes, it will be a movie prop replica that will fire bb's, and I need to make a number of them, so the option of buying a gun, and taking the mechanism is not a viable solution. Thanks!!

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

why the hell does it only need to work once?

 

tbh, it's likely impossible, by which i mean if it's capable of spewing bb's on auto at all then that de-facto will make it reusable.

 

as mentioned the cheapest solution is to just buy one of the existing products that already do exactly what you want, even with the depreciation selling it on secondhand when you're done it'll be orders of magnitude cheaper and easier than making something yourself that works.

It will be a movie pro replica that will be impossible to disassemble, and I need to make a number of them.

40 minutes ago, padraigthesniper said:

Why does it have to be disposable youre making it sound like a Hitman weapon? loool If its for filming you need multiple takes dont you?

It will be a movie pro replica impossible to disassemble, and I need to make a number of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
2 minutes ago, Airsoft_87 said:

Yes, it will be a movie prop replica that will fire bb's, and I need to make a number of them, so the option of buying a gun, and taking the mechanism is not a viable solution. Thanks!!

Still confused, the TM shell/body you refer to, is that a springer ?, rather than TM's existing full auto aep series.

if this is the case, assuming you can get the springers at a much cheaper price than the aep version, its highly unlikely you'll find cost effective internals you need, assuming it's even possible, which I highly doubt.

surely better to have cheap a non firing replicas, & add cgi muzzle flashes post production ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Er, confused.  The only TM "mini" Uzi that I'm aware of is the diddy toy sized version that takes AA batteries and shoots about .1J, fully auto only.

 

 

 

Are you talking about that one, or the full sized TM Uzi - which I'd be surprised to see anyone meddling with given the rarity.

 

Sorry, not familiar with weapons' names. This is the one I'm talking about.

IMG_20210423_144012.jpg.64a78d59d4e13b957c11a30fa02f67e6.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

Well, you've certainly intrigued us.  I'm still not entirely sure what you need them to do that they don't already do.

 

If it's actually Uzis you're after, they're pretty rare, and Tokyo Marui never did a "mini" Uzi as far as I'm aware (other than the teeny tiny toy one).

 

If it's something mini-Uzi-like (for the purposes of Joe Viewer) then the electric Jing Gong JG.0452 Mac-10 will shoot BBs on full auto.  Or the green gas HFC HG-203 Mac-11 will also full auto on gas, with a recoil action.

 

One issue at the moment is stock levels, which remain low.  You might have to settle for whatever you can find.

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Airsoft_87 said:

Sorry, not familiar with weapons' names. This is the one I'm talking about.

IMG_20210423_144012.jpg.64a78d59d4e13b957c11a30fa02f67e6.jpg

 

Ah, got you.  OK, that's a full size Uzi rather than a "mini", and airsoft versions are sadly rare and unlikely to come cheap.

 

KWC do a "mini" Uzi that's full auto capable. But again, you'll have trouble finding one, let alone several.

 

kwc-uzi-co2_1.jpg

 

Is this for a period piece, or are you just looking for something smallish that can spit BBs?  Do you want some visible moving action on them?  Most electric airsoft guns don't have external moving parts - there are exceptions, but generally you have to go to gas to get proper blowback actions.

 

The more detail you can give us about what you're after and why, the more helpful we can (hopefully) be with suggestions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Neptune said:

TM already do an automatic UZI, or are specifically after a mini UZI?

 

Why do you want it to be impossible to disassemble?

It has to be that size, but not that particular machine gun. I refered to that one in the first place because I wanted you to know the room available for the mechanisms of the weapon I'm planning to make. 

It will be impossible to disassemble because the weapon it's based on, is disposable, and I'd like to keep that part of the story in the gun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is your cheapest quickest option if I am understanding you right.  https://www.bbgunsuk.co.uk/products/Well-D91-Electric-UZI-Airsoft-BB-Gun-in-blue.html these will fire single or full auto and you are not going to have to do any fabrication other than paint them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, you've certainly intrigued us.  I'm still not entirely sure what you need them to do that they don't already do.

 

If it's actually Uzis you're after, they're pretty rare, and Tokyo Marui never did a "mini" Uzi as far as I'm aware (other than the teeny tiny toy one).

 

If it's something mini-Uzi-like (for the purposes of Joe Viewer) then the electric Jing Gong JG.0452 Mac-10 will shoot BBs on full auto.  Or the green gas HFC HG-203 Mac-11 will also full auto on gas, with a recoil action.

 

One issue at the moment is stock levels, which remain low.  You might have to settle for whatever you can find.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right. And about the mechanisms, could you make me a list of the things I would be needing in order to achieve something near to the fire rate of the gun you're refering to if I were to start one from scratch? Remember, the cheapest cheapest options. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does a movie prop need to fire BBs?  If you want something impossible to disassemble, that you need a bunch of and are cheap, sounds like you need some rubber prop guns and some editing skills to make it look like it's shooting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

This is your cheapest quickest option if I am understanding you right.  https://www.bbgunsuk.co.uk/products/Well-D91-Electric-UZI-Airsoft-BB-Gun-in-blue.html these will fire single or full auto and you are not going to have to do any fabrication other than paint them.

That is great, thanks!! And now, I ask you...what would you buy if you were to make a gun like that, same fire rate, using the cheapest parts available? (Only mechanism, not body) Would it be possible to reduce costs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Airsoft_87 said:

Right. And about the mechanisms, could you make me a list of the things I would be needing in order to achieve something near to the fire rate of the gun you're refering to if I were to start one from scratch? Remember, the cheapest cheapest options. Thanks!

There is not such thing as cheap when building from scratch. From what you are asking it appears you have no knowledge of Airsoft do your self a favour and just use off the shelf guns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters

OK, now I'm really intrigued.  I think we're talking different languages here and might have to find a common lexicon in the middle.

 

We're thinking in terms of what we know about airsoft guns and what they can do: we generally buy a fully complete package, most of them can already shoot BBs full auto, and the internals aren't generally swappable between different types of gun.  Electric guns tend to have gearboxes and motors that you might be able to repackage inside something else.  But with gas guns the body of the gun is generally functional and modification tends to be more about sticking cosmetics on them.

 

If I'm understanding you right, you want to create replicas of  a specific theatrical firearm (that's submachine gun sized), and have them be able to shoot BBs.  That's opposed to creating actual theatrical props for use on film.  Or did I get that wrong?

 

In either case, the clearer and more specific you can be, the better.  If you're making replicas of something that already exists, can you let us know what that is?  That might help us to suggest a base platform that you can modify, or something that has the most appropriate internals to repurpose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Why does a movie prop need to fire BBs?  If you want something impossible to disassemble, that you need a bunch of and are cheap, sounds like you need some rubber prop guns and some editing skills to make it look like it's shooting.

It's a movie prop replica. The Hero prop fires blanks, I want mine to fire bb's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Airsoft_87 said:

That is great, thanks!! And now, I ask you...what would you buy if you were to make a gun like that, same fire rate, using the cheapest parts available? (Only mechanism, not body) Would it be possible to reduce costs?

You are not getting any cheaper than that to buy the parts needed sperately would probably be 4 times the cost of buying the gun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
8 minutes ago, Airsoft_87 said:

It's a movie prop replica. The Hero prop fires blanks, I want mine to fire bb's.

 

what purpose does firing bb's serve in terms of the filmmaking?

 

if you aren't using tracers then they're not gonna show up well on camera and i suspect requiring everyone on-set to be wearing eye protection might not be ideal.

 

as mentioned a static prop, some theatrical shaking of said prop, and some time in post effects adding muzzle flash would surely be preferable?

 

if it absolutely must be able to fire projectiles, then an off the shelf option is still going to be cheaper (especially if you sell it on after production) than trying to retrofit internals to a shell that doesn't have them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...