Pistol Mags and Holster Problem....

DRay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ah mate that’s brilliant. Definitely sold on the warrior. Do you know anywhere that stock it that isn’t £66?

(Because that is nearly as much as I paid for the RIF second hand!)

Go straight to uktactical.com.

Uk tactical are one of was dealers and he service I've had there over the years has always been great.

They often to additional discounts via mail list codes

Cheers team. Target identified and PayPal engaged 👍

Also @Alimcd nice humble-brag in that video with the RIF in the background! That is the prettiest AEG I have ever seen. Chrome silencer and chrome buffer tube is 😍

Cheers dude! The Chrome Noveske amplifier was a total shite to find but it makes a hell of a difference to the sound signature of the rifle. It’s set to safe/semi/3rd and makes a hell of a noise doing burst fire!

I have nicknamed it Bert. 

Ahh it’s an amplifier! I am a big fan of an amplifier, I have one on my M4. The chrome looks beautiful mate, I have never seen a RIF like it. 

If you ever decide to sell it please make me your first port of call...

Haha, that gun has been an interesting experiment and I don’t think I’ll ever sell it as I’d never recoup a quarter of what went into it!

It taught me a lot of important lessons in what parts are worth spending on and what aren’t. You might find it interesting that it started as a Specna Edge, but from that fateful batch that had nothing but issues. When the gearbox shell failed it started a slippery slope of upgraditis

02702F28-CE1B-4D6A-B139-76DDA2C4EBF3.jpeg

I have a SA E-07! So maybe in a couple of years and £200 later mine might look like yours! The only modification so far is a torch and the P226 so that it has a companion!

Just found this from before I put the 7” outer barrel on. Very excited video from just after fitting a Jefftron Leviathan. Knowing what I do know, I’d just grab another Gate Warfet/Merf and save the difference. Playing a lot of woodland stuff, 3-5rd bursts are super handy to get through foliage. High rps builds and holding the trigger down, well that’s wanker territory 

This is why it’s called Bert 

Back on subject, hope you’re as fond of the warrior holster as I am of mine. Perfect choice if you can see a few other pistols creeping into your arsenal, like a 1911 pattern gun you’re clearly coming around to liking the look of...

I would have gone with a safariland (or a clone).

Fully enclosed shells so that the pistol doesn't get trashed and their thumb/grip release systems are very intuitive and safer than the serpa/cheapy clones one.

Something like a 579 would happily take 90% of the pistols on the market with the exception of things like MK23s, Desert Eagles or guns with quirky dimensions..

3 minutes ago, Skara said:

I would have gone with a safariland (or a clone).

Fully enclosed shells so that the pistol doesn't get trashed and their thumb/grip release systems are very intuitive and safer than the serpa/cheapy clones one.

Something like a 579 would happily take 90% of the pistols on the market with the exception of things like MK23s, Desert Eagles or guns with quirky dimensions..

Its going on a chest mount so I think it will be better protected and less likely to get banged into stuff than on a belt or thigh rig. We shall see though. 

29 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Just found this from before I put the 7” outer barrel on. Very excited video from just after fitting a Jefftron Leviathan. Knowing what I do know, I’d just grab another Gate Warfet/Merf and save the difference. Playing a lot of woodland stuff, 3-5rd bursts are super handy to get through foliage. High rps builds and holding the trigger down, well that’s wanker territory 

Back on subject, hope you’re as fond of the warrior holster as I am of mine. Perfect choice if you can see a few other pistols creeping into your arsenal, like a 1911 pattern gun you’re clearly coming around to liking the look of...

How do you mod an AEG to fire a three round burst? Is that a change to the gearbox? The trigger? I am pretty keen on getting the trigger mechanism changed at some point (probably not the first modification I will make, that will be a 30w motor so I can carry an 11.1 LiPo) so that the trigger sweep forward is much shorter. 

32 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I think a universal holster was a great shout because realistically as soon as someone comes out with a reliable brownie hi-power I will be breaking open the piggy bank. 

3 minutes ago, DRay said:

Its going on a chest mount

Oh missed that bit :D

Then yeah, there are more suitable options.

one thing, the IMI roto system is really good for tilting the holster into the perfect angle for your likings, might want to look at holsters that use said mounting system (IMI of course and Orpaz, both RS Israeli manufacturers with ridiculously low prices, going cheaper but not enough to justify them over IMI/Orpaz, cytac/amomax).

1 minute ago, Skara said:

Oh missed that bit :D

Then yeah, there are more suitable options.

one thing, the IMI roto system is really good for tilting the holster into the perfect angle for your likings, might want to look at holsters that use said mounting system (IMI of course and Orpaz, both RS Israeli manufacturers with ridiculously low prices, going cheaper but not enough to justify them over IMI/Orpaz, cytac/amomax).

i did have a look at a rotating holster but @Alimcd sold me with his video of the warrior and how securely it holds his RIF

I also have a moral objection to buying anything Israeli... but that is wayyy to political for AFUK forums haha! 

Having taken everyone’s advice onboard I think what I have ordered is a good solution;

warrior holster to mount on the front of my M4 mags

molle belt patch to go on the left side of my chest rig 

twin pistol mag pouches to mount on my left 

space for a grenade/Mk5 pouch behind the mag pouches

Essentially three ways to get a three round burst and two of them give a degree of trigger adjustment. 

1.) Replace the X-ASR mosfet and wiring with a Gate Warfet or Merf. These have a programmable burst mode that is adjusted in increments of a few milliseconds. You can use the existing trigger and the resoldering job is a cakewalk. The Warfet would also allow you to precock the spring to reduce the cycling time in semi.

2.) Mosfets with Optical Sensors. Fets like the Titan use optical sensors to detect when cycles of the sector gear have been completed. Tell it you want it to complete three cycles when set to full auto and you’re done. They also use a sensor for the trigger mechanism and the sensitivity can be adjusted.

3.) Microswitch based mosfets. The Jefftron Leviathan uses microswitches instead of optical sensors. As the sector gear rotates the part that normally engages the cut off lever clicks the switch to confirm the cycle. Tell it three cycles when set to safe/semi/auto and you’re down. The trigger itself is replaced at the same time for once that actuates a microswitch and its travel can be reduced using a simple grub screw.

Bob’s your Mother’s brother

12 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Essentially three ways to get a three round burst and two of them give a degree of trigger adjustment. 

1.) Replace the X-ASR mosfet and wiring with a Gate Warfet or Merf. These have a programmable burst mode that is adjusted in increments of a few milliseconds. You can use the existing trigger and the resoldering job is a cakewalk. The Warfet would also allow you to precock the spring to reduce the cycling time in semi.

2.) Mosfets with Optical Sensors. Fets like the Titan use optical sensors to detect when cycles of the sector gear have been completed. Tell it you want it to complete three cycles when set to full auto and you’re done. They also use a sensor for the trigger mechanism and the sensitivity can be adjusted.

3.) Microswitch based mosfets. The Jefftron Leviathan uses microswitches instead of optical sensors. As the sector gear rotates the part that normally engages the cut off lever clicks the switch to confirm the cycle. Tell it three cycles when set to safe/semi/auto and you’re down. The trigger itself is replaced at the same time for once that actuates a microswitch and its travel can be reduced using a simple grub screw.

Bob’s your Mother’s brother

Brilliant intel that mate! I am sure there is a thread out there somewhere for ‘what modifications for an AEG🤣 I am really resisting the urge to take it to bits to ‘see how it all works’ and start making changes but I am forcing myself to skirmish with it first before I do that because I will just end up taking it to a tech as a box of bits to get them to make it work again for me haha! (That said I also promised myself I wouldn’t buy another RIF until I have used my M4 in anger post lockdown and here we all are discussing holsters for the P226 I promised I wouldn’t get!)

Definitely agree that you should get it dirty first! More than anything, it sets a bar. Between Tackle, Davegolf, Adolfhamster and SittingDuck there’s no problem you can cause that they can’t diagnose and steer you toward a solution. YouTube wise, Negativeairsoft is worth a watch for UK velocity related advice. As I learned, our relatively low limits cause new headaches that other markets don’t have to worry about.

The golden rule of teching is:

Dont do anything until you’ve got a second gun in the boot of the car to resort to in the worst case scenario!

That’s top advice! Lockdown is just a killer, not able to play just results in the accumulation of an ever growing arsenal, and then the temptation to take them to pieces. 

I have definitely filled up the threads since the turn of the year having just lurked for 6 months previous (if you can’t play airsoft talking about it is second best). No doubt there will be another flurry of threads asking for advice on how to correct my tech errors if the PM doesn’t let us all out to play soon. 

Tell me about it! I haven’t played for 11 months now and I’m going totally batshit.

Going back to the holster stuff. I picked up one of these earlier this year. It’s a knock off IPSC style universal holster and it SEEMS pretty much perfect. Given that it cost £15 and it’s plastic, I’m expecting it to explode halfway through its first outing but I think it’s pretty cool none the less

(edit, the more photos I post, the more I realise I must tidy and hoover my workshop)5A74C42A-B51F-425B-8D65-DCB940E19AF9.thumb.jpeg.84f2c7eb1339101a52da4d964090a32f.jpeg110F2D8D-F310-45C8-9115-1AEF79ABF823.thumb.jpeg.070b8f19ef7e0940bce84928d8743837.jpeg

That’s a pretty unique holster! I would be interested to know how it fares in a game. 

I must be honest I have re-watched your video of you shaking the warrior holster about 5 times to reassure myself that it will hold my P226! 

Once you’ve found the insert that best fits the trigger guard and shaped the various Velcro arms around the body of the pistol, it’ll be snug as a bug in a rug.

Ive given it a good torture test and not had any issues. The hard plastic paddle holsters scare me now, after managing to brush the paddle and my sidearm did a runner mid sprint! To disengage the warrior, you need to tuck a thumb into the inner edge, so I doubt it’ll randomly eject!

• 2 weeks later...

Warrior holster fits the P226 like an absolute dream! And attaches pretty easily to the front of the mag pouches without much wobble (black bungee still to threaded through to keep it all feeling solid). 

Appreciate all the advice 👍

9413487E-1C11-40AE-B1FE-7EFD0E414E50.jpeg

Nice set up!  Looks good and functional.  

If you fancy something else, I bought the cheapest hard plastic paddle holster on E-Bay for my 1911.  It came marked IMI and is indistinguishable from the 'real' thing.  TBH, I suspect that whoever IMI gets to produce them just sells a few as unbranded.  If you get a selection of mounts, i.e. trouser belt, waistband, molle for a few quid a pop, you're sorted for loads of loadouts.  

IIRC holster plus mag pouch about £8, mounts £2 each.

5 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Nice set up!  Looks good and functional.  

If you fancy something else, I bought the cheapest hard plastic paddle holster on E-Bay for my 1911.  It came marked IMI and is indistinguishable from the 'real' thing.  TBH, I suspect that whoever IMI gets to produce them just sells a few as unbranded.  If you get a selection of mounts, i.e. trouser belt, waistband, molle for a few quid a pop, you're sorted for loads of loadouts.  

IIRC holster plus mag pouch about £8, mounts £2 each.

Functional is definitely the word. I have never understood why some people carry everything and the kitchen sink like they are going on a 3 week Op rather than 40 minutes of headless chicken firing into rooms and through windows. 

Is three mags overkill? Probably. 

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, DRay said:

Functional is definitely the word. I have never understood why some people carry everything and the kitchen sink like they are going on a 3 week Op rather than 40 minutes of headless chicken firing into rooms and through windows. 

Is three mags overkill? Probably. 

always a balance to be struck.

i mean you could argue spare magazines, pistols and webbing gear of all types is unnecessary given you can still play effectively with an arp9 and a drum.

Personally, I use either a Sig P226R or Glock 17 as a sidearm on a Warrier Assault Systems battle belt set up (left-handed because I'm awkward... And I've never actually used it, but largely play woodland sites as not many decent CQB sites near me

I use the polymer WAS Pistol Fast-Mag holders, only pistol mag holder that I HAVEN'T lost a pistol mag from...

Couple of guys on my team run drop leg holsters, and I can draw faster from a belt that is configured properly (pistol at 10(L)/2(R) o'clock depending on (L) eft or (R)ight handed) and some repetition drilling to get used to the set up

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.