The AAP-01 Owners Thread.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

340 FPS? Eh? Really? What wizardry is this? Is that on a normal barrel length? Any internal upgrades ? 

Just a 150mm maple leaf crazy jet, 50 degree flamingo bucking and the CNC wheel adjustable hop unit.

8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Just a 150mm maple leaf crazy jet, 50 degree flamingo bucking and the CNC wheel adjustable hop unit.

Damn it man. Why did you have to answer me 😂😂😂

Skirmshop here I come 😂

34 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Damn it man. Why did you have to answer me 😂😂😂

Skirmshop here I come 😂

FPS aside, I would highly recommend the hop unit. I love that I can have not enough hop, two clicks up too much, one click down perfect.

49 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

FPS aside, I would highly recommend the hop unit. I love that I can have not enough hop, two clicks up too much, one click down perfect.

What weight bbs are you using may I ask? I figured in a drum nothing more than 0.28s? And more importantly which gas are you using for the drum?

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

What weight bbs are you using may I ask? I figured in a drum nothing more than 0.28s? And more importantly which gas are you using for the drum?

I haven't settled on a particular weight. I could hop 0.4's without issue but as you say, there doesn't seem much point at the ranges I'll use this. There are 0.3's in that drum because I wanted to use them up. I've found the drum does bump up the FPS, think it's filled with Abbey Predator atm.

18 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I haven't settled on a particular weight. I could hop 0.4's without issue but as you say, there doesn't seem much point at the ranges I'll use this. There are 0.3's in that drum because I wanted to use them up. I've found the drum does bump up the FPS, think it's filled with Abbey Predator atm.

I mostly run 0.28’s in my recoils and my pistols. The MK23 can easily hop 0.4’s but I save them for my DMR. I run 03’s in my MWS and PTW. For the AAP I’ll just run the drum on 0.28’s I guess or even 0.25’s as the expected engagement with the drum setup I expect to be between 30 to 40m. 

It's a tricky one picking the right weight isn't it. I've only used 0.25's in my AAP SMG but that's because that's the max weight allowed at the CQB site I use it at.

I'll hopefully run it a Gaol for a few games next month along with my MTW. There aren't that many long drags to need the heavier weight so I'll see how far 0.25's will accurately go. If in doubt I've got a lot of 0.32's in stock. So I'll either use those or just have to get closer to the baddies!!!

On 08/08/2021 at 13:16, sp00n said:

Finally at a game day, filled up my drum mag …. Went to wind it …. Nothing happened

unloaded it, fresh bb’s etc … still won’t wind, winder just spins

stripped it …

4D880C70-900E-4EB6-AD36-FF0FFA9615EE.thumb.jpeg.61aac1268b2cc9807e0cf2604c9b4b50.jpeg

outer looks ok ….

F8A6D9FA-D69D-471B-B6C7-F3CF8258D82A.thumb.jpeg.367fc1a1ed1563f2192914614d382a7d.jpeg

ah! … that missing gear on the winder … that’ll do it 😵💫😞

Here’s a place which sells the winding mechanism. Maybe buy a few and we can divvy up the price between ourselves etc? Probably good to have a couple spare right? 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/aw-drum-magazine-winding-mechanism-module.html

• Supporters
3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Here’s a place which sells the winding mechanism. Maybe buy a few and we can divvy up the price between ourselves etc? Probably good to have a couple spare right? 

its not the winding mechanism, it’s the gear which sits on top of it.

the amazon seller (where I ordered it) is being as much help as chocolate fire guard, AW are also not being much help.

I cannot find any off them for sale anywhere.

looks like I have a right turd

34 minutes ago, sp00n said:

its not the winding mechanism, it’s the gear which sits on top of it.

the amazon seller (where I ordered it) is being as much help as chocolate fire guard, AW are also not being much help.

I cannot find any off them for sale anywhere.

looks like I have a right turd

Can it be 3D printed? Out of curiosity do you have a photo of it?

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Be aware that they take an absolute eternity to arrive, two months later I'm still waiting for mine, they have to wait until AW ship them to them first as a special order.

Just like the AAP-01 hammer it's only a matter of time until the AW drum mag clockwork spring goes if you use it heavily (I repaired mine but it's never felt the same since).

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Ahhh I see what you mean now. Have you dropped WA Custom a message on their Facebook group? 

yes I have … but it’s not good news, I cannot get anywhere with the original seller (avoid airsoft storm on Amazon, very condescending tbh).

I have been talking with AW on Facebook… but apparently they don’t have any …. Which seems odd to me 🤷‍♂️ … see what happens I guess

22 hours ago, sp00n said:

yes I have … but it’s not good news, I cannot get anywhere with the original seller (avoid airsoft storm on Amazon, very condescending tbh).

I have been talking with AW on Facebook… but apparently they don’t have any …. Which seems odd to me 🤷‍♂️ … see what happens I guess

WE make an exact copy or clone of the AW drum ( or vice versa) and I hazard to guess the internals are the same If not similar. May be worth giving them a shout?

35 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

WE make an exact copy or clone of the AW drum ( or vice versa) and I hazard to guess the internals are the same If not similar. May be worth giving them a shout?

I've seen them side by side, bar the colour, they are identical!!

• Supporters

AW Facebook peeps are emailing the sales team peeps ….. why is nothing simple 😞

new response from AW :-

sorry to inform you the factory told us they dont have spare parts for this product 

May i suggest you take this up to the seller or Amazon for a refund

yeah gee thanks … I now have a £140 paper weight 😡😡😡😡

On 11/08/2021 at 23:53, sp00n said:

AW Facebook peeps are emailing the sales team peeps ….. why is nothing simple 😞

new response from AW :-

sorry to inform you the factory told us they dont have spare parts for this product 

May i suggest you take this up to the seller or Amazon for a refund

yeah gee thanks … I now have a £140 paper weight 😡😡😡😡

If you don't have much luck finding a replacement part, I could take a crack at knocking something up in CAD that could be 3D printed?

12 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

If you don't have much luck finding a replacement part, I could take a crack at knocking something up in CAD that could be 3D printed?

I was gonna say exactly as you speedy in regard to this. There must be peeps on here who could knock up a 3D printed part?  

• Supporters

So finally got some 8mmx9mmx1mm o-rings to stabilise the inner barrel in the barrel extensions on my mk18 build, I also drilled out the flash hider to 10.5mm as sometimes bb’s clipped it. Well impressed especially with the TTI fire selector and short stroke kit.

the only issue I did notice is that it seemed to dry out really fast had to give it some silicone spray to lube the moving bits after a mag or 2 …. Gunna strip and lube it again 

On 18/08/2021 at 10:58, Speedbird_666 said:

thanks mate, but unless you have one to get the dimensions off etc I am abit stumped ….

worst comes to the worst I’ll wait till AW dose another run off them …. Just sucks having an expensive paper weight 

• 3 weeks later...

I've done some more buying recently!

I bought the AA handguard from @Lexypic and a nice shiney under grip from Amazon.

Oh and a printed scope protector from Stay Fresh Shoe / Project Airsoft.

So I now have this:

IMG_20210908_100214__01.thumb.jpg.64e11c156c15aac0bf47ac411df3a727.jpg

IMG_20210908_100242.thumb.jpg.84a1bdd9dc17c2f9e5908c7218c06e70.jpg

My mate has printed me a charging handle but it's in a white / marble effect. So I'll fit that to get me by until I can get a red one....

Which leads me onto my next topic!

AirsoftEire do actually have the red charging handle AND the AA 200mm barrel that I want to fit in it. The postage and import fees are about £20. I'm tempted to deploy the rule of "F#@k it" and just order from them.

I wanted to run the 200mm so I can reduce the PSI that I use on my HPA tapped drum mag. 

But, does anyone think it might up the FPS too much and make it unusable with a green gas filled mag? It's whopping out 310FPS on 0.2's at the moment. Hop is set for 0.25's to just about make it across the longest part of my local CQB site, which is 40m maybe?

Just ordered a TDC kit from Airtac. Hopefully that will arrive and I can get it fitted before I goto Leicester Gaol later this month. 

As we all know the hop is a ball bag to adjust with a stock and rail attached!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.