Pocket Pistols for Skirmishes.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(I've put it here as the possible answer could be springer > gas)

I've often fancied getting a really small secondary (maybe even thirdary?) as a back-up for those really tight CQB situations and times I don't want to worry about a  full-sized fairly pistol on the belt. The obvious choices are WE CT25 & Umarex Glock 42, I understand they won't shoot as some larger pistols but we're not talking headshots from 50 metres here.

Does anyone bother with one? If so, what's at least reliable enough to count upon?

• Supporters

Can't tell you the least reliable, but I once owned a TM g26, pretty tiny but excellent quality & performance for such a small gun.

Even up against the g19, which is the next smallest Glock, it's diminutive.

G19vsG26.jpg

Ct25 i had was fun accurate to maybe 15 meters. TM glock will be your best bet. But you have tanaka small frame revolvers (expensive) matrix two shot derangers and there are a couple of single shot shotguns that use APS/PPS shells 

I love my mouse guns and I've had/have a lot of them. But the main issue is people actually feeling the hit off them. Ct25 is cool but unreliable in the cold. Hop is crap. Can get a body ay 10-15m. I modded mine can do a body shot at 20-25m now. But as said I've had a good few hits with it but there's more not feel it than do, you need a well placed shot.  When you get up to things that are really practical and small they arn't really that small anymore. Possibly the smallest and enough punch to easily feel I own is the Maruzen nbb ppk/s but they are not readily available. like the look of that jet fire.

Cheers guys...all pretty much as I expected. I've owned a Marui Glock 26 and currently own a 19. I feel both are outside this category, mostly due to width.

I'm possibly just looking for an excuse to buy one of those silver Colt trademarked WE CT25's from KYAirsoft as they look sooooo niiicee.

Main concern would people genuinely not feeling the hit. 

27 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Main concern would people genuinely not feeling the hit. 

For me there are more don't than do feel it when I have hit people. This said I always do take it out with me as it's a really cool little gun. The ky traded one anyway. I wouldn't bother with the standard, what's the point in carrying a near useless gun if it's not as pretty as it can be? This said I haven't used it much in the warm yet so might be a bit punchier. Also the challenge, satisfaction as the user and the victims reaction is priceless. These are the pros of buying anything silly or impractical. It's just so tiny and pretty.

100003198_IMG_20181009_1802132.thumb.jpg.e0df86dcad6bae26761196a6e5302e55.jpg2143886038_IMG_20190201_1737442.thumb.jpg.d2bf0ab47f3c77f327f6fe9f1bd42340.jpgIMG_20190208_104959_514.thumb.jpg.a8ac46b6185b9f580e6d53a8785702c1.jpgIMG_20190405_152337_537.thumb.jpg.e0cdd687d38bd1bffedb14106733b314.jpg

It's actually not bad although I didn't own mine long and only fired it in the warm. There are better performing and reliable cold running gbbps in that size category, and some smaller tbh. Also the short barrel WE p38 which is a similar kettle of fish.

There's a hfc gas colt 25 thing. 

I had one, I lost it at a game. It was 11 quid from TG or gunfire. 

Semi auto non blowback. Got a fair few kills with it. 

Nothing to catch on clothing and it holds about 8 shots. 

On 27/01/2020 at 17:23, heroshark said:

For me there are more don't than do feel it when I have hit people. This said I always do take it out with me as it's a really cool little gun. The ky traded one anyway. I wouldn't bother with the standard, what's the point in carrying a near useless gun if it's not as pretty as it can be? This said I haven't used it much in the warm yet so might be a bit punchier. Also the challenge, satisfaction as the user and the victims reaction is priceless. These are the pros of buying anything silly or impractical. It's just so tiny and pretty.

100003198_IMG_20181009_1802132.thumb.jpg.e0df86dcad6bae26761196a6e5302e55.jpg2143886038_IMG_20190201_1737442.thumb.jpg.d2bf0ab47f3c77f327f6fe9f1bd42340.jpgIMG_20190208_104959_514.thumb.jpg.a8ac46b6185b9f580e6d53a8785702c1.jpgIMG_20190405_152337_537.thumb.jpg.e0cdd687d38bd1bffedb14106733b314.jpg

That trademarked CT25 with pearl grips is perfection. Definitely tempted even just as a "collectors piece" 

For me really completes the look. Looked about but ended up making them myself. Tbh I don't think RS ones would fit. 

if for som reason your thinking goblin, dont... i had one used it for a few games and sold it on. small and fun but unreliable. out of a dozen shots only once did i have the desired effect. bound to be something similar that works better... 

• 1 month later...

By accident I think I came across the ultimate answer to this: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/7-65-non-blowback-airsoft-gas-pistol-src?from=listing&campaign-id=21

Gun is small,  weighs 250g, costs £13.29 and spare mags are £1.85! 

26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

By accident I think I came across the ultimate answer to this: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/7-65-non-blowback-airsoft-gas-pistol-src?from=listing&campaign-id=21

Gun is small,  weighs 250g, costs £13.29 and spare mags are £1.85! 

I have it lol.

I don't even know why I have it, as I haven't bought any. but whatever :P

IF you slap a hop up and thread the barrel for 14ccw/16cw you can end up with a tiny ass MK23 style gun.

always wanted the original traded version of that with the fake wood grip. It's not that tiny compared to some but probably more practical.

250fps isn't too shabby either (if that's accurate). Particularly the trademarked CT25 is a very attractive piece but if you just want something functional then surely this is a winner. I'll likely add it to an order if I have something else I need to get from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

thread necro time.

so i may have indulged in some retail therapy this weekend and grabbed myself a WE CT25

and jesus christ it's hilarious, adjustable hop, lifts .32's out of the box and the range is frankly ridiculous for such a tiny gun.

also seems to have decent gas effeciency too if you keep her warm.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

thread necro time.

so i may have indulged in some retail therapy this weekend and grabbed myself a WE CT25

and jesus christ it's hilarious, adjustable hop, lifts .32's out of the box and the range is frankly ridiculous for such a tiny gun.

also seems to have decent gas effeciency too if you keep her warm.

Yeah, I was surprised how well it shot (when it did fire, mine had a light striking issue).

I had one a while back and sold it as someone offered full new price for it and I couldn't see myself using it in a skirmish but now having FOMO!

As a ‘secondary’ weapon I would always try and discourage people from feeling that they need to carry a secondary ‘just in case’

We are playing games, you would get more value in making sure that you are familiar with your main weapon and that it is reasonably reliable and maintained.

The ‘worst’ that can happen is that your main fails and you get shot out, then have to walk back to the safe zone to resolve the issue 

The ‘best’ that can happen is that you whip out your secondary and stay in game - but then you still have a non functioning primary that you need to sort out, which means when everyone else is having snacks and telling war stories whilst reloading you are trying to fix a problem in a rush.

If you need an alternate due to game rules, such as your primary is a sniper and there are range restrictions, or you are playing at varying engagement distances then you may need an alternate.

Otherwise it’s something else that you have to carry that is loaded and chronoed ready, plus you may need to prepare more magazines etc, and unless it’s a springer then need it gassed up / charged etc.

But there is “do as I say not as I do”

It’s fun to play with pistols or other ‘restrictions’.

I won’t carry a pistol on a holster etc as added weight, but I will play with twin pistols and leave the holsters empty while I’m in field - unless I’m doing something different such as carrying a prop/objective

@Tommikka - I have a small collection of pistols I keep in a cupboard and take them out for a bit of plinking and maintenance from time to time. I must have owned 50 or more in my time and yet I can only think of a handful of occasions when using a pistol really has been a much better option than my primary. At my local site if your primary is hit you can call "Gun Hit!" and carry on with a secondary. That has happened to me a few times when I've been in a very good position and I've managed to defend or takeout my opponents with just a GBB pistol.

I agree though they have limited use in a woodland game and the added weight on your belt plus carrying gas and a speedloader means they're not particularly practical....fun though and that's the main thing, right? 

Archived