Druid799

DIY kit and useful little Airsoft hacks .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

They are nice. 

I have a Magpul MS4 copy 1/2 point sling,  but found the QD point on the back of the stock meant it hung too low and inhibited switching shoulders.

I wanted to keep the adaptability of the sling,  but use the buffer tube sling loop.  Si with a spare HK clip, and some webbing strap did this.20190507_195024.thumb.jpg.2d77e4247e0393758c7d631fb9869241.jpg

20190507_195008.thumb.jpg.0705d0ea1ba51a7c4a784c70ff11016d.jpg

1 minute ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

They are nice. 

I have a Magpul MS4 copy 1/2 point sling,  but found the QD point on the back of the stock meant it hung too low and inhibited switching shoulders.

I wanted to keep the adaptability of the sling,  but use the buffer tube sling loop.  Si with a spare HK clip, and some webbing strap did this.20190507_195024.thumb.jpg.2d77e4247e0393758c7d631fb9869241.jpg

20190507_195008.thumb.jpg.0705d0ea1ba51a7c4a784c70ff11016d.jpg

Just what I was hoping for !👍 

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Just what I was hoping for !👍 

Only did it yesterday, first skirmishes a week Sunday to try it out properly. 

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If you use grenades, get yourself some of those retractable key holders and clip it onto your webbing with the other end in the pin, no more lost pins and if you have a decently strong one you can even do one-handed throws using the line to pull the pin out for you.

I have sown tabs on all my pins so they are more visible (I did the retractable thing and found it was annoying) also all my grenades are layered with reflective tape, are numbered, have my name etched in the primer cap and have smart water on them as well ;)

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

I have sown tabs on all my pins so they are more visible (I did the retractable thing and found it was annoying) also all my grenades are layered with reflective tape, are numbered, have my name etched in the primer cap and have smart water on them as well ;)

sounds pretty paranoid :P

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sounds pretty paranoid :P

6 grenades stolen over the past 3 or 4 years... I'd rather do all I can to not have them keep getting nicked although sites seem to be a lot better these days with helping get missing kit found.

6 grenades stolen over the past 3 or 4 years... I'd rather do all I can to not have them keep getting nicked although sites seem to be a lot better these days with helping get missing kit found.

fair enough, they're easy lifted that's for sure.

6!!!!!! Bloody hell bud that’s terrible ! All I can say on that is there must be some right scum bags going to the sites you play at (your self NOT included) 20yrs never had anything nicked and only ever come across a couple of cases of it happening where I was playing .😢

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

6!!!!!! Bloody hell bud that’s terrible ! All I can say on that is there must be some right scum bags going to the sites you play at (your self NOT included) 20yrs never had anything nicked and only ever come across a couple of cases of it happening where I was playing .😢

once spectating at a local site came across a gbb vector mag, picked it up on the basis that at least if i pick it up i know it ain't been thieved. never seen such relief on someone's face when it's owner came to claim it.

not had anything nicked myself, lost the occasional mag but either found it again or it's been returned by someone else.

I'm seriously thinking someone may have lifted a tm hi-caps 4.3 from my kit last time I played bush valley in Kent, not seen it since.

not happy 😭

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

56 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

once spectating at a local site came across a gbb vector mag, picked it up on the basis that at least if i pick it up i know it ain't been thieved. never seen such relief on someone's face when it's owner came to claim it.

not had anything nicked myself, lost the occasional mag but either found it again or it's been returned by someone else.

Unfortunate thing is in a lot of places Ive played you cant retrieve a bang until the whole room is cleared and while some may have disappeared into a hole or under something I hadn't spotted not once have I been contacted by a site to hand one back. Since putting phone number/name etc on them (and not easily removed) I've never had an issue.

Since putting phone number/name etc on them (and not easily removed) I've never had an issue.

Funny that ? Not ! 😡

I've got hi-vis glow tape all over mine (stuff I’ve used is a bastard to get off and then you don’t get it all off) and I’ve got my name and part of my army No engraved on them as well , touch wood any ‘miss placed’ always made it back to me . 

57 minutes ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Homemade pistol lanyard. Just for that dads army look. Lol

Don’t scoff bud I’ve got one on my browning Hi-Power ! 👍

I like DIY stuff, I've made nubs n stuff. I'll have a look for some photos and add them in later.

Currently messing about with plastics at the mo. It's a long way from finished but I started making a mask. lol :lol:

Going to do a lot more to it; paint, venting, harness, ballistic eyeballs etc.

This is just a quick vac formed shape from a life cast.

IMG_3235.thumb.JPG.9ff71eab68823b9e3ab1fd74262fdb97.JPG

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

This is just a quick vac formed shape from a life cast.

IMG_3235.thumb.JPG.9ff71eab68823b9e3ab1fd74262fdb97.JPG

You could leave that as it is for an awesome "Purge" themed loadout?

2 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Indeed, that particular one I have left as is. And I do like to PURGE (airsoft style) every once in a while... lol :lol:

I pulled about 4 white mask and one polycarbonate which looks like a Bank Robber.

Would be awesome to smuggle into a night game and then just randomly pop up here and there during the night - scare the cr*p out of people!!

Now I'm getting some entertainingly disturbing ideas, might have to look into how to do this myself 😈

Michael Meyers eat your heart out ! 😱

2 hours ago, Philby21 said:

tch, you youngsters, its clearly a Michael Myers/Halloween style mask 😉

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Michael Meyers eat your heart out ! 😱

damn mate, i was pressing submit as yours popped up 😁

45 minutes ago, Tackle said:

tch, you youngsters, its clearly a Michael Myers/Halloween style mask 😉

damn mate, i was pressing submit as yours popped up 😁

It’s like ??????? “We’re connected !” 😂😂

16 hours ago, Tackle said:

tch, you youngsters

At my age I will most definitely take that as a compliment!! 🤣

The Michael Myers mask covers the whole head (I've seen waaaay too many horror films!!)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.