Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Asomodai

Dusk til dawn battlesim coming up. Experiences and advice.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Recommended Posts

Hello all.

 

My @Battlebuddy and I are going to the next Legion Battlesim which takes place from 5pm til 8am at the end of the month at Longmoor. 

 

I have never played in particularly low light conditions or at this particular site. 

 

I have decided to use my yellow lenses glasses so I have less chance of fogging and may see a bit better in the evening when there is still light.

 

When it is totally dark though, how do you play exactly? All based on sound? Do people switch to full auto and go wild if they think something is nearby? Should I bring a tracer unit (Knowing the risks that people will know exactly where the shots are coming from). 

 

Do people with NVG have an unfair advantage? What can I do to combat it? Wear the darkest clothes possible or would it matter very little if I wear my standard French green camo? Should I wear something that evenly distributes heat or something where it all vents out of certain places? (I have both).

 

Any advice on Longmoor itself as a skirmish zone?

 

Any advice on how to keep the spirits up?

 

Cheers folks 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played the site, although I want to get some milsims in this year. 

 

In regards to the NV... gen1 night vision users have a little advantage over people without, and gen2-3’s have an advantage over everyone because they can see the IR illuminates gen1’s tend to use. Some fabrics are IR treated like warrior or crye. Cheap airsoft PC’s glow up through NV. Only way I’ve found can counter the lower end of NV is to flood them with torch light and white them out in an emergency. If you move slowly though, you should be good, as most NV isn’t very clear at distance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Longmoor is a fantastic site, have you at least seen a map or photos?

 

It's a big place with plenty of opportunity to go flat on your arse in the dark if you can't see where you're going. Yes the nod users will have an advantage to a point but not everyone can or indeed wants to drop that kind of money on kit for airsoft. Use red lights for navigation to preserve your own night vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd be surprised how good your eyes can be in the dark. So long as you stay in the dark with no torches or any light pollution you will adapt. I've walked through caves with just the bioluminescence of worms for light. A little is all you need, and unless there is absolute light deprivation you can do it. Hopefully you will have a clear night and the moon to give you all you need. Go iron sights...

 

... Or get a pair of NV goggles. :lol:

 

Embrace nature or technology. They both work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not going to defeat decent night vision, don't even try.  If you're constantly getting pinged from a certain building with no light coming from it, just avoid it! 

 

Use as little light as possible and don't look at other people's torches! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest problem with night/low light games is every other mong who doesn't know how to use torches keeps shining their "Genuine CREE 1,000,000,000,000 lumens made with pride in China" torches in their teams faces to kill their night vision or stands at the back of the squad silhouetting everyone they're with.  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Any advice on Longmoor itself as a skirmish zone?

 

Any advice on how to keep the spirits up?

 

Avoid staying in one place for too long, avoid any area's with razor wire (you'll probably be told they are out of bounds bar the FOB anyway), Don't go in any of the tunnels if someone has left the gates unlocked (again probably covered in the brief) try to work as light as possible (in other words bare essentials) utilize COMMS.

 

Don't be surprised if people cant be arsed by 3am and don't want to do anything 🤣

 

Below is the Arial view of the main "village" you'll probably get a map distributed by Legion.

 

Longmoor-Ariel-1024x576.png?resize=640,3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:53, Lozart said:

Longmoor is a fantastic site, have you at least seen a map or photos?

 

It's a big place with plenty of opportunity to go flat on your arse in the dark if you can't see where you're going. Yes the nod users will have an advantage to a point but not everyone can or indeed wants to drop that kind of money on kit for airsoft. Use red lights for navigation to preserve your own night vision.

 

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:40, clumpyedge said:

 

Avoid staying in one place for too long, avoid any area's with razor wire (you'll probably be told they are out of bounds bar the FOB anyway), Don't go in any of the tunnels if someone has left the gates unlocked (again probably covered in the brief) try to work as light as possible (in other words bare essentials) utilize COMMS.

 

Don't be surprised if people cant be arsed by 3am and don't want to do anything 🤣

 

Below is the Arial view of the main "village" you'll probably get a map distributed by Legion.

 

Longmoor-Ariel-1024x576.png?resize=640,3

 

Cheers for all of the advice guys. Forgot to reply to any of this! 

 

This is on Saturday and I am hoping to scout out as much of the site before the night falls. 

 

Got a full set of BTP including a Tac-Vest. Taking the P90 and possibly the PDRC if I have a suitable battery for it. Maybe the KSG might be good for building clearance. 

 

My Battlebuddy is taking everything but the kitchen sink and I am going for a standard lightweight loadout! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takes about 40 mins for you eyes to apdapt to the dark.

 

Sounds weird, but if you look directly at something in the dark, you might not see it (due to science stuff about how the rods and cones are set up in your eyes). Try looking slighty to the side or below the thing you are trying to spot and you will see it.

 

Also, eat a shit load of carrots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...