Best reusable grenade? Thinking about a TRMR.

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlMcCann said:

I have two TRMR’s and they are fantastic indoors - especially at sites that allow the mag flash rounds. I am about to head out the door to collect my multishot base from the post office for it now. 

I also ordered a SWAT VTG to use outdoors. Its been about 2 weeks since I ordered it and other than a confirmation email I have got nothing else. I have sent roughly 10 emails asking for updates and got no reply. I have phoned them 3 times and left a message and my number and got no reply. I tried again about an hour ago and finally someone answered the phone to explain they had a backlog of orders and that they would be building more this weekend and ‘hopefully’ my grenade would be one of the ones that got built. 

Total disaster of a company. 

after googling the VTG this makes me sad, because 12ga blank firing timed grenade is a sentence i want to own :(

let us know if it works out, i might ask nicely at the local brick and mortar see if they'll bring one in for me

• Supporters

Seems to be a running thread with airsoft , the better a product is and the more it’s in demand the bigger clusterf**k of organisation the suppliers are ! :wacko:

I run 12 gauge mag flash in my TRMR all the time and they are flipping brilliant. My local gunshop sells them as ‘saluting blanks’ for £40 for a box of 50. I have the multi shot base too but the .209’s are just not as fun as the mag flash lol. 

Unlike the rest of the UK, I have to have an explosives license in Northern Ireland to buy blanks for the TRMR, but getting it was straighforward enough as I am a UKARA member and was able to get all the relevant paperwork signed by the owner of the site I play at. 

I ordered a yellow vtg from SWAT so I think they are out of stock on all the colours. 

I am sure I will get it at some point but they really need to sort out their customer service as its shockingly bad. 

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, AlMcCann said:

I run 12 gauge mag flash in my TRMR all the time and they are flipping brilliant. My local gunshop sells them as ‘saluting blanks’ for £40 for a box of 50. I have the multi shot base too but the .209’s are just not as fun as the mag flash lol. 

Unlike the rest of the UK, I have to have an explosives license in Northern Ireland to buy blanks for the TRMR, but getting it was straighforward enough as I am a UKARA member and was able to get all the relevant paperwork signed by the owner of the site I play at. 

I ordered a yellow vtg from SWAT so I think they are out of stock on all the colours. 

I am sure I will get it at some point but they really need to sort out their customer service as its shockingly bad. 

as a fellow northerner, could you elaborate on the explosives licence? i've been trying to find out the whole legal situation for bfg's in ni for a wee while now, local brick and mortar put me on to a form for "explosives for non demolition purposes" or something like that.

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

after googling the VTG this makes me sad, because 12ga blank firing timed grenade is a sentence i want to own :(

let us know if it works out, i might ask nicely at the local brick and mortar see if they'll bring one in for me

VTGs are just clones of the Dynatex, so don't fret. Can still fit a 12ga adapter onto some of the older Dynatex nades if you can find them.

That said I've never needed to use 12ga for anything and they're quite expensive. .320 blanks certainly do the job even in woodland.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, proffrink said:

VTGs are just clones of the Dynatex, so don't fret. Can still fit a 12ga adapter onto some of the older Dynatex nades if you can find them.

That said I've never needed to use 12ga for anything and they're quite expensive. .320 blanks certainly do the job even in woodland.

i'm less concerned about cost and more about reliability, loudness, and not being an impact grenade.

plus if i go for something that takes 12ga then i could get an adapter for a smaller caliber if cost was becoming an issue

• Root Admin
34 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm less concerned about cost and more about reliability, loudness, and not being an impact grenade.

plus if i go for something that takes 12ga then i could get an adapter for a smaller caliber if cost was becoming an issue

29 minutes ago, Arwen said:

I use the 9mm blanks (.38?) in my bfg and I wouldn't use any bigger in it for fear of properly damaging people's hearing.... 

This. 12ga is a nasty big blank. .38 are much loud enough.

Can get the 'flash' 12ga though which is nice for nighttime or during the winter/dark months.

8 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Can get the 'flash' 12ga though which is nice for nighttime or during the winter/dark months.

Yeah, the 12g mag flash or ‘saluting blank’ is loud but it has more flash and smoke than noise. 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, proffrink said:

so you reckon it's overkill?

i'm still leaning towards it, seems like it'd be easier to go smaller from bigger.

i'll have to have a think, atm this primarily planning for when operation "make a thunder b that actually works" inevitable fails.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

as a fellow northerner, could you elaborate on the explosives licence? i've been trying to find out the whole legal situation for bfg's in ni for a wee while now, local brick and mortar put me on to a form for "explosives for non demolition purposes" or something like that.

If your able to send me a PM I can link you to the application form. You need to be a UKARA member and be able to provide a risk assessment from the site you play at. I had the license emailed directly to the gun shop that I bought the blanks from and it took less than 3 days in total to organise.

I thought it would be really difficult but it was actually really easy in the end. 

Just a quick update to say I still havent got a dispatch notification from SWAT for my VTG. 

Thats 17 days since I placed my order. 

• Supporters

Could be worse: after a few dozen uses at most, mine now fails to trigger more often than not.  I'd send it back, but I doubt I'd ever see it again, and at least it serves as a dummy distraction device. ;)

I'd recommend that you try and cancel the order, although I wouldn't expect that to go smoothly either.

Best of luck.

Dont think I would get my money back even if I asked for it to be honest. 

Amazed they make any money from this business. 

Sorry, of course we know how they make money. They rip people off. 

Oh bugger.

Wish I had read this thread before I ordered a VTG yesterday.

Should i be looking at canceling and going with something else ? or is it worth waiting ?

6 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Oh bugger.

Should i be looking at canceling and going with something else ? or is it worth waiting ?

I'd be inclined to cancel immediately. Get on the blower to your bank to get the transaction reversed.

6 minutes ago, Guyver1 said:

Oh bugger.

Best timed nade on the market but they have random times in the year where they run out of parts, so you'll be waiting up to a month without a lick of a word form them.
It's terrible business etiquette.

Right now they "should" be coming to the end of the shortage of parts, but it's hard to say I'm afraid.
I would call them as my friend's nade should have been shipped today which means the "should" be back to ready to deliver in a day.

Thanks for taking the time to reply so quickly gents.

i'll give them a call as see what their waiting times are. Sounds like it could be worth waiting for 👍

• Supporters

Eh.  Mine mostly worked, now it sometimes works.  Notionally it's warranted, but given their responsiveness and turnaround times...

I wish I'd bought a Dynatex.  I'd certainly advocate buying a Dynatex that does exist over paying for a VTG that might exist in the future.

Sorry to hear that you're on the waiting list, and good luck cancelling the order.  Expect the phrase "I'll need to speak to Paul." then some babble about restock fees.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Eh.  Mine mostly worked, now it sometimes works.  Notionally it's warranted, but given their responsiveness and turnaround times...

I wish I'd bought a Dynatex.  I'd certainly advocate buying a Dynatex that does exist over paying for a VTG that might exist in the future.

Sorry to hear that you're on the waiting list, and good luck cancelling the order.  Expect the phrase "I'll need to speak to Paul." then some babble about restock fees.

I've managed to take mine apart, best thing I can say to you is drop a couple drops of silicone oil on the firing pin (down the sides if you can) and then just go to work pushing it down and up again, add another drop and leave it to go down with gravity overnight.
It makes it fire so much better.

Same for the TRMR, works so much better if you drop it on its side vs either end.

• Supporters

Sure, I've given it a good scoosh of silicone oil, I'll see whether that's unstuck it.  It does still trigger, just not always fast or far enough to detonate the primer.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Sure, I've given it a good scoosh of silicone oil, I'll see whether that's unstuck it.  It does still trigger, just not always fast or far enough to detonate the primer.

If you ask nicely they can usually send up parts if you have an order number or serial number?
Also it could be damp or crap ammo.

Any moisture has to be dried out totally.

• Supporters

Well, my VTG worked a treat today, fragging reliably even after being trodden into the mud.  If it's sticking, I'd say you've got little to lose.

Archived