THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I run 3 mags in CQB: 1 in the gun and two on the rig. I carry a pistol mag sized speedloader full of BBs so I can refill the mags while I walk to respawn as the gas is good for ~100 shots, but the mags only hold 35 BBs 😁

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

I run 3 mags in CQB: 1 in the gun and two on the rig. I carry a pistol mag sized speedloader full of BBs so I can refill the mags while I walk to respawn as the gas is good for ~100 shots, but the mags only hold 35 BBs 😁

I’m a self confessed bb whore 😂😂😂

On a serious note the MWS is an exercise in  trigger discipline. It’s something I still need to work on. 

On 05/08/2021 at 21:41, medellin said:

TO THOSE WHO OWN A G&P ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER

Has anyone been able to sort out the trigger reset issue on this trigger? 

Mine just started acting up the other day. As others have stated previously, the trigger will fire on semi and then will get stuck in the rearward position -- not reseting forward. 

Any solutions here or should I just go back to the stock trigger? Huge disappointment so far... 

I started having this issue as soon as I put a single drop of silicon oil into my g&p/RiW trigger box lol. Literally a single drop of silicon oil onto the semi/full auto sear and it completely stopped working. 

My stock trigger box had the same issue. As soon as I started using silicon oil to lube the sears, it started failing to reset after firing on semi. So I ordered the g&p/RuninWorkshop box thinking that the stock one was just too worn down. 

I was happy with the RiW one but I felt it become a little gritty after a few weeks so I took it apart, applied silicon oil thinking that would help, but instead it made the parts lock up and feel extremely gritty. Eventually I decided to strip it again, clean alllll the silicon oil from the box itself and clean all the different sears individually, then I very lightly lubed all the contact surfaces with abbey lt2 grease, and by lightly I mean extreeemely lightly- it almost looked like there was no lube at all. 

This completely fixed my issues, and now it runs like a charm! So I would recommend staying far away from silicon oil when dealing with the mws trigger box. 

18 hours ago, scar527 said:

Accuracy test at 68 Meters. Just running an upgraded return spring, Omega nub and a 370mm 6.03, otherwise stock.

Nice Goruck GR1 👍

Some really good accuracy out to that range too! 

7 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Silicone isn’t for metal to metal period.

You always need a lithium/moly/gun oil for metal on metal.

Silicone oil is for certain O rings and seals only.

Yeah I literally knew this, but some other guys were claiming that silicon oil in their trigger box worked really well so I went with that, but luckily in the end it was just 15 minutes of work to clean it out, apply lt2 grease and problem solved! Definitely keeping silicon oil WELL away from my trigger box.  

On 09/08/2021 at 09:09, SSPKali said:

Nice Goruck GR1 👍

Some really good accuracy out to that range too! 

Thanks! Had that bag for nearly a decade and use it every day(as you can see).

MWS is awesome, High flow valve coming in soon so we will see what that does for range.

45 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

So joining the MWS fold this saturday after seeing a pretty cracking deal.

Game booked for sunday - anywhere i can pick up the brass nub between now and then?

Very unlikely, sorry

After seeing some pretty cool MWS’s at the weekend, I think I’ll probably be making the leap into one soon. 

It seems like one would be perfect for Milsims and the ones I saw seemed to operate well even in the early morning when it was around 10 degrees. 

Any advice before taking the plunge? I’ve had a good read of this thread, although I’ll admit not all 216 pages of it 😂

4 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

After seeing some pretty cool MWS’s at the weekend, I think I’ll probably be making the leap into one soon. 

It seems like one would be perfect for Milsims and the ones I saw seemed to operate well even in the early morning when it was around 10 degrees. 

Any advice before taking the plunge? I’ve had a good read of this thread, although I’ll admit not all 216 pages of it 😂

Biggest piece of advice would be to run an AEG with only 35 rounds (or something around that) loaded in the mags for a day to see how you get on with it. Obviously AEG ones will be significantly lighter, but the round count is generally a bigger deal to folks than the weight... though the weight increase is definitely worth considering.

That'll also give you a decent gauge of how many mags you think you'd want to run with the MWS, so gives you a more educated point to start from in terms of how much the RIF is going to cost you including the 'right' amount of mags for you.

That’s a good way of seeing how a lo cap will affect your game. Just to give you some additional perspective, I took the MWS out for a spin on my last outing  (woodland) and ended up playing for about 4 hrs with it. I went through about 360 bbs. Probably more than I should have but it was damn good fun. The rest of the day was with the PTW and that’s just entirely a different beast. 

I try not to think about it….

In fairness I only bought one set of mags when I bought my first new MWS. The others came as part of used packages when I bought my other MWS.

My main reason for keeping them is I figure If I ever sell up I’ll get more for each MWS if it comes with a usable amount of mags…..

Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it…

Oops, you just reminded me I have another 8 mags in a PC that I used at the last skirmish that I had forgotten about. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Oops, you just reminded me I have another 8 mags in a PC that I used at the last skirmish that I had forgotten about. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I thought I had too many at 8, two of which are still in their wrapping unused. 😂

I normally carry anywhere between 5 (3 in the plate, 1 on a belt and 1 in the gun) all the way up to 17 (8 on PC, 2 on belt, one in gun and 6 in an assault pack) depending on what I am doing.

I do lean towards the lower end of the scale most of the time with 7 being the norm.

I don't think I will ever carry all of the magazines I own.