THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

Impulse 101 has nozzles back in stock chaps if you need any spares for those 'oh ffs moments' 😂 

http://impulse101.jp/en/m4-mws-parts/tokyo-marui-spare-parts-m4-mws-mgg2-115-piston-nozzle-3619

Oh I know that 'FFS' moment all too well :D

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Their postal services are still showing this though..... 

image.png.0e58c844fc160a274ceaadfbb05858d1.png

Pretty sure I don't reside in French Polynesia! 😂

I placed my order this morning, and already have been sent a tracking number so it seems all good to me! 👍

Hello all, got a problem with my mws, the barrel is loose and can twist left to right ( twisting it whilst holding onto the handguard counter clockwise re-centers the barrel ) about 3 mm, might be less than 3 mm but it's definitely noticeable. it's effecting accuracy, twisted back center it seems to shoot pretty much spot on, twist it the other way and it's 2-3 inch over to the left of point of aim. Anyone had this problem? Thank you for your time Ryan.

Edited by Gunner91
More info

15 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

How often do they restock at Impulse 101? Every quarter? Probably even slower with the ongoing pandemic but I never see the parts for a second upper in stock.

Things will improve as time goes on. They stock as and when and a lot of MWS stuff flies out quick. Especially nozzles and nozzle springs. 6 months from now it may all be getting back to a normal. It’s simply a waiting game. 

4 minutes ago, Gunner91 said:

Do I need a specific tool to do it? Thanks for the reply

Laylax M4 Sopmod wrench. Fire Support sell them.  

BD92A2EC-B95E-4CBC-B50D-E79D2CAE6EC9.png

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Things will improve as time goes on. They stock as and when and a lot of MWS stuff flies out quick. Especially nozzles and nozzle springs. 6 months from now it may all be getting back to a normal. It’s simply a waiting game. 

Laylax M4 Sopmod wrench. Fire Support sell them.  

BD92A2EC-B95E-4CBC-B50D-E79D2CAE6EC9.png

Ah thought it would be that, thank you for the help, been following the thread for ages lol, anyone seen the TM akm coming out? Definitely on the Christmas list! 

21 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

How often do they restock at Impulse 101? Every quarter? Probably even slower with the ongoing pandemic but I never see the parts for a second upper in stock.

I requested some parts the other day and got a lead time of 2 weeks to dispatch.

Dave makes a good point here. If you need something just drop them an email and you’ll probably be put on a waiting list. There are other retailers of course who stock MWS parts. Google and you shall find them. 

Totally true, 

I also got the same positive answer after having emailed them!

"If Marui has this part in stock we should receive it in the coming few days as we have placed an order last week.
Please register to the restock alert on the product page!

Best regards 
Impulse101"

Still don't know what NPAS to go for. I tried the v2 angry gun complete nozzle and that caused all sorts of weirdness so that's out the window. 

There seems to be 200 different types of G&P valve and have no idea what one is the one to go for lol

4 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Still don't know what NPAS to go for. I tried the v2 angry gun complete nozzle and that caused all sorts of weirdness so that's out the window. 

There seems to be 200 different types of G&P valve and have no idea what one is the one to go for lol

Angrygun are really consistently pointing these days! Although my stock charging handle broke and I picked up an ambi charging handle from them and it was drop in fit, works perfectly with no issues. If only it were the same for their bolts and nozzles. It seemed promising when they posted the video of a 10,000 round full auto with the V2 nozzle but I guess their quality control is bad or something 😕 

I've personally tried the 3.5 G&P valve, it worked fine but didn't allow me to go UP in joules, only down. Other than that, I'm using the G&P forged bolt with their nozzle, and that brings me to 1.2 joules with 0.25's. 

Anyone got any advice for getting the castle nut ring off. Tried the same tool and method in this video. I am scared to break it at this point by twisting too hard. Maybe I just need to eat some spinach?

z

26 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Anyone got any advice for getting the castle nut ring off. Tried the same tool and method in this video. I am scared to break it at this point by twisting too hard. Maybe I just need to eat some spinach?

z

It’s probably super loctited. Just apply a heat to it to melt/loosen the loctite. Obviously be careful when doing it. That sopmod wrench is really all you need and some Popeye spinach. Failing that a pack of McCoys crisps and  Yorkie Bar and that will do the trick. Maybe a pint of Guinness too? Hmmmm 

29 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

It’s probably super loctited. Just apply a heat to it to melt/loosen the loctite. Obviously be careful when doing it. That sopmod wrench is really all you need and some Popeye spinach. Failing that a pack of McCoys crisps and  Yorkie Bar and that will do the trick. Maybe a pint of Guinness too? Hmmmm 

I got the bastard, I was just being too fragile with it.

18 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

I got the bastard, I was just being too fragile with it.

Give it some welly lad 😂
Thing is it’s good it’s on tight. The last thing one wants is a loose one. One needs ones buffer tube to be well tight in there. Right.? 🤔

Quick update on trigger group

After about 10k rounds from new I started to see metal shelving in the trigger box when cleaning, so apart from the full auto sear that I can see is wearing there is something else is not quite right. 

Took everthing apart and found apart from the Hammer, I dont see and wear that worries me. Here are a few pics of the hammer: 

202790079_ROLLERNHAMMERFACE.png.61dd7cc6e97d4b126ad545db82ced144.png

As TM only uses soft ish metal on the Hammer with a steel roller, over time the roller keep hitting the hammer and created a "bump" but his does not affect the function as far as I know, but I did seen a post else where this will crack the hammer if not addressed. 
other than that, it is just normal wear from the sear realing the hammer. 

COATING.png.e3968fb0c96fe6e632f7343f2136e3a0.png

Here are I think where the metal shelvings are coming from, a part of the hammer keep touching a part of the trigger box casing and cause the coating coming off, and note also the hammer is a bit deformed (the right circle)as that part is also keep hitting the hammer casing. 

image.thumb.png.f36442a47bc07d3dd1fe56b72203cb87.png

Here is the the DP full steel trigger set for the MWS installed for now, If anyone wants a to know anymore I will do a write up later on, but in short
1. it is not a drop in fit, if anyone remembers the RA tech Steel trigger set for WE GBBRS, they are not smooth and needs a lot of sanding and polishing to make them run smooth. 
2. It is designed in a way to avoid most of the issue above. 

3. After about 3k rounds I dont see any wear on the full auto sear, not even the gold coating is coming off, it has a must "softer click" to it and that might be why, as the bolt is not hitting it as hard.
4. The trigger dont feel and different on break and reset (still bad)

ROLLER N HAMMER FACE.png