Are sidearms necessary?

Reb3l
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've used mine a few times and got a couple hits. If your playing a fast game like capture the flag it's good to have something light you can run with. The last game I was at I only had my pistol for a senario with 1 30rnd mag left my main, ammo and webbing in the safe zone just for speed.

Depends on your game as most have said. If you love hpa and drum mags or aeg and high caps you dont need a pistol as you are a spray and pray player who doesnt reload or pay attention to your shots.

If you run mid or low caps and play cqb or sites with building clearence oppertunitys or a milsim player pistols can be very useful!

I have often left my rifle at a door way on the way into a building or by a wall as i go in through a window to clear with my pistol, i own one pistol and its as useful as my left arm, its not my primary arm but god damn is it handy now and then!!

I use my pistols regularly for CQB games and when I want a challenge at woodland sites. As sidearm though it rarely gets used unless I'm using my vsr and even then it rarely comes out to play.

I disagree, two pistols would be epic for CQB, it's just reloading them that would be troublesome

I disagree, two pistols would be epic for CQB, it's just reloading them that would be troublesome

IMHO, one well used pistol always beats two.

Skill beats Will, every time.

I knew a guy who loved his pistols and always played CQB dual-weilding. The problem being it's almost impossible to properly aim two guns at once.

He'd run in thinking he was John Woo, fire a dozen shots and miss most of them.

Id duck in, aim, Double tap and hit a majority of the time.

Sure he looked and felt awesome, but he was totally useless.

If he went to just one pistol, he was actually pretty good!

If you can reload an AK with one arm, you can reload two sidearms - that said airsoft magazines are not as droppable as real ones.

• Supporters

Why? Unless you have single shot muzzle loading airsoft flintlocks, changing a mag on a pistol is no more difficult than changing mag on a rifle...

A few sites I play have a rule, weapon hits disable your weapon! Therefore no sidearm = no defence

• Supporters

I keep saying I'm going to take a spoon for the lolz.

There have been rubber chicken and big purple dildo kills at the Mall.

A few sites I play have a rule, weapon hits disable your weapon! Therefore no sidearm = no defence

Heh, but that rule only applys if you do have a secondary. I bet they would not let unarmed players wander around.

By unarmed, I mean, carrying a gun, but not able to fire it, a weird distraction to the opposition, headless chickens.

Heh, but that rule only applys if you do have a secondary. I bet they would not let unarmed players wander around.

Your right, back to the sz for them!

Archived