Airsoft meet for Sussex & the Mall

Hef Legend

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

You can run at the Mall no problem. Vaulting over obstacles isn't allowed though.

Do watch out for wet patches when it rains though, bit leaky. My brother went over on a wet patch on Sunday and cut his leg on one of the pillars in Peacocks.

Got it on camera mate, wanna look?

Oh yes. Often need a burst of speed to cross an area or move to a shop/staircase ahead of the other team. I normally let the youngsters run off prefering a more steady pace, although an incoming stream of BBs is encouragment to haul arse. However, there are a lot of glass windows to avoid running into, and the C&A escalators can be very slippery.

Perfect, I am a very quick player (or I like to think so :) ) and the athletic aspect of airsoft is what appeals to me most. I went to The courthouse in Bristol the other week and there is no running allowed there, and it just wasn't the same.

• Supporters

Yeah not too much damage thanks Jedi.

Would love to see it though Spaz haha, I wasn't actually there at the time.

I'll throw the video up later today. It was during the 3rd game; the VIP one. The funny thing was, I almost hit the ground in the same spot about 2 minutes before he did :D

All you Sussex softers, new site in North Chailey - 1 min or so from me would you believe it - has opened - r.i.f.t airsoft with a review in Airsoft Action this month. Cannot believe it has been open for four months and I hadn't a clue!!!

• Head Moderator

All you Sussex softers, new site in North Chailey - 1 min or so from me would you believe it - has opened - r.i.f.t airsoft with a review in Airsoft Action this month. Cannot believe it has been open for four months and I hadn't a clue!!!

I found their website by chance and saw that Airsoft Action was going to be there but was working on that date so could not go. May have to get there in the late Spring / early Summer.

• Moderators

RIFT have one near me as well, 5mins away, the training ground. not been yet as not on so often but will give it a go soon :)

I'm only in Lewes, so not far :)

You'd be there inside 10mins! Next game is 14th Feb apparently. Should be there myself with five or so of my posse!

You'd be there inside 10mins! Next game is 14th Feb apparently. Should be there myself with five or so of my posse!

you on the old book of face?

• Root Admin

Pyro

Ok guys, so we're going to attempt a bulk order on pyrotechnics to save on having to buy them there, piecemeal. The cheapest I've managed to find is Enola Gaye Mk5s at £1.60 a pop (if we buy enough).

If we can commit to more than 50 between us (should be easy) then we'll get them at that price and they can be distributed at the start of Saturday. As most of you know by now, using solid state aka 'reusable metal' pyros like BFGs isn't really all that viable at the Mall due to restrictions on throwing height so cardboard is advised. Now's your chance to get them quite a bit cheaper than having to pay for them there.

If you're interested in buying any quantity (however small) then let me know via PM and we can tot-up whether or not enough will be purchased for us to commit to an order. If possible, I'd like to sort it out before the end of January so we can get payments in and place the order in case they have a stock issue and we need to go elsewhere.

Edit

Will send out details starting the end of the weekend for anyone that wants to pay very early. Will ask that the last payments are made before the 7th February so we have plenty of time to get it delivered or to change tack if they don't have the stock we need (though I'll check this periodically).

If there are any spares on the day then anyone is welcome to buy them, but ideally this won't happen.

• Head Moderator

Pyro

Ok guys, so we're going to attempt a bulk order on pyrotechnics to save on having to buy them there piecemeal. The cheapest I've managed to find is Enola Gaye Mk5s at £1.65 a pop (if we buy enough).

Excellent idea. Put me down for 10.

• Head Moderator

PM sent. Thanks for thinking of the idea and co-ordinating it. We should have plenty of bang for our buck.

I may be up for chipping in but I will confirm before the end of the month, if I may!

I use to work with the guys from Enola Gaye as we all worked at their old parent company many moons ago, prior to them going independent.

• Root Admin

OK, we've already hit the 50 minimum for £1.60 a go. I've shot off an e-mail to ask the retailer if they'd go even lower over 100. Still not heard back from any of the others I e-mailed but what with it being the weekend I suppose that's to be expected.

I'll wait to hear back from them first before sending out any payment details in case the price changes. I imagine we'd be able to hit 100 pretty easily.

• Supporters

New list

Hef Legend +4 - Confirmed

Esoterick +5 - Confirmed

Shortman/deebo Confirmed

Deebo clan members ×2 Paid in full

Jedi_Master - Paid in full

Alex34 +1 - Paid in full

Sacarathe - Confirmed

Sittingduck +1 Paid in full

Randymanpipe +1 - Confirmed

JohnTee - Confirmed

Proffrink - Paid in full

ImTriggerHappy - Paid in full

i3666- paid in full

27 players.

6 weeks to go.

• Root Admin

I've had some replies and it seems the cheapest we're going to get is £1.50 - I believe this also covers postage, so that's now the new price.

We've already hit 110, so I'll send out payment details now but I should make it absolutely clear that I don't expect anyone to have to pay until February 10th (will make the order on the 11th so there's plenty of time in case there's an issue).

If anyone else wants some then just PM me by then.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.