Sniper for smaller players

Aengus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My birthday's coming up and I would quite like to try being a bush wookie but my problem is I'm a bit smaller than your average airsofter (coming in at a whopping 5 foot 11). So I don't think think I'd get on too well with a barret, weight shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'm quite solidly built (just really f*cking small <_<). Any recommendations ?

Try being 5ft 5...

To be honest any sniper rifle will be fine - my svd is almost as big as me yet I've had no issues using it. But like Monty said - a vsr is a very light rifle once you've removed all of the weights from the stock.

Thanks guys, was just weighing up my options before I go and dedicate a week of my life into researching something. Do like the look of those SVD's though ;)

Just get a very good quality sling on it - weighs a fair bit. I use a surplus AK sling for mine.

• Root Admin

Well L96s are ok - not as good as Marui's VSRs but they're about half the price. Once upgraded though (like you should be) they perform similarly. The primary disadvantage is the position of the hop unit, which is further forward than in the VSR resulting in a shorter internal barrel length for the same overall gun length.

If you're worried about barrel length then the VSR is the way to go as you get more in a shorter space. The G-Spec has quite a short barrel externally, but internally it's about the same as a full length L96.

Seen a nice well mb-01 on z1 has had a metal trigger unit, new hop, and 500fps upgrade kit installed (none of which have the brands been mentioned so I need to ask) but do you think £120 sounds a fair price ? I'll update you with brands of the parts once i find out myself.

• Root Admin

Seen a nice well mb-01 on z1 has had a metal trigger unit, new hop, and 500fps upgrade kit installed (none of which have the brands been mentioned so I need to ask) but do you think £120 sounds a fair price ? I'll update you with brands of the parts once i find out myself.

The main aftermarket trigger unit brands for the L96 are Laylax and Airsoft Pro - I wouldn't trust any others as they have crappy sears that will wear down after a year or so. The gen 2 Airsoft Pro ones also have the ability to keep the safety which is a nice addition. So long as it's either of those then you're good.

Hop wise PDI and ASPUK make the best ones.

You may also want to look at a new cylinder, guide rod, barrel spacers, piston, spring etc. but I'm sure you've got all that in mind already.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.