G&G New Combat Machines and PolarStar

Herv

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I am considering one of the new G&G Combat Machines, then to (hopefully) PolarStar it...

These guns look awesome, and different with their keymod rails. I was looking at the HK416 look-a-likes.

I was hoping someone would know if they would be compatible - even if going for a JACK rather than a Fusion Engine?

Whats everyone's thoughts on this new range, albeit it looks slightly similar - but there are a lot of internal features stock which look good, even if I decide not to P* it.

I tried a quick search, but can never search on this website - just wanted to know whether any of you have any experiences.

I asked ZeroOne and they said they should be coming soon, within the next few months!

EDIT: Attached wrong YT link :ph34r:

Edited by Herv

• Supporters

Not ultra impressed with some of the newer CM stuff...

DSG FireHawk was dire

The 300 BOT - hmm £170 still polymer and their fet's not got best reputation....

The newer stuff like split gearbox, fully electronic, new pneumatic nozzle, plug in battery notor modules....

Owner is gonna be f*cked for upgrade options in quite a few of those areas

Believe it or not I love G&G CM's but think they might be shooting themselves in the foot if quality suffers and I think they are making it more complex that it likely will fail. More stuff to go wrong and screwed for usual choice or replacement parts.

That is my gut feeling, think they need to not be too ambitious and make gradual improvements ensuring the new stuff is as solid as the tried n tested old skool stuff

I saw your review on the Firehawk, I thought it would have performed better, as there was a lot of hype. But I don't know that much about weapons...

Would you consider P*ing any of the larger size guns, (say mid size)? Or is there a better platform to do it on, as I do like these new lines!

• Supporters

Honestly dunno, I'm old skool not got hpa setup so can't comment but one day I might jam a solenoid in an old box and make my own is what I might do.

Keep old box gears n tappet to load bb's, MAC solenoid, only stumbling block is gettingva "pattern controller" to control the burst or amount of time the valve is on etc...

Small picaxe or audinio raspberry pi board will do the job I reckon - quite do-able

But not exactly my cuppa mechanical tea atm, love the "fun" of cursing n swearing at the present AEG's

Just feel G&G might be trying to reinvent the wheel a little bit which the standard CM wheels are quite good as they are

• Supporters

I saw your review on the Firehawk, I thought it would have performed better, as there was a lot of hype. But I don't know that much about weapons...

Would you consider P*ing any of the larger size guns, (say mid size)? Or is there a better platform to do it on, as I do like these new lines!

The FH got to nearly 41 on a 7.4v and just done a 416 to do 30+ on SSG on 7.4v - how long the last only time will tell....

As for PolarStar - think I like the Tippmann over that no battery, one day if Tippmann's come down to what their paintball guns sell at or if they make a cheap easy swap out kit for other guns I may look into that but sod paying silly money....

As for ROF I think 20 to 30 is more than enough and plenty response - sure it is nice to have a high cycle gun but unleashing hell in proper games is a bit nooby overkill I feel, about 25rps is quite easy to achieve on most aeg's without shortening its life too much.

Faster it fires then a good chance it will fail quicker is my main feeling and still some 12yr old kid with a JBBG 2 tone will take me out no doubt

I'm just watching a lot of videos relating to P*, and they look pretty accurate, have amazing cycle, changeable FPS/ROF (not on field - was looking at locking rig so when chron'd a stay at that speed). It just looks like a pretty bad weapon to do everything and change down to different FPS rules.

I know it sounds stupid - but with the overtime I'm getting these 2 weeks I could potentially get one, and build it. I kind of like buying the 'best' or higher platform's and get all the high end stuff, as even know i'm skipping loads of fun by tinkering and what not. My mentality is slightly cost saving to buy the best, and now slowly buy up one level, repeat.

Being a newbie, it is so hard to chose what gun, make model, brand, platform, whats the 'best'. Even know there is no 'best'.

I've played two games, and am addicted - I just have bad experiences with hire guns, not being accurate as other players. The range on these P*'s are pretty good, plus gas isn't so expensive to fill the HPA systems up, surely over the lifetime of a Gas V.S HPA the HPA works out cheaper but as a higher investment.

It's when they mod it up to be like a tank, sprayed pink or with doge stickers you know you will instantly lose. It's like car ricers in the airsoft game!

• Supporters

I best let hpa owners answer the rest

Me I like tweaking n breaking n learning on aeg's as I think they are a clever bit of engineering - when it all works.

Probably could of bought loads of hpa stuff the amount of stuff I bought lately LOADS

But just feel to me it ain't the classic airsoft but more of a paintball conversion, but yes they do perform amazingly

The Polarstar Jack when it gets released should provide a relatively inexpensive route to HPA, being around £300 or so. But then you have the bottles and a way to fill them and you may well end up needing other parts to change how it shoots in your gun (poppets and such) so the cost is going to climb a bit. I don't know if a Combat machine is really the place to be putting a P*, seems weird to take one of the cheapest guns and put such expensive parts in it. You are going to end up replacing everything to make it perform well so most people choosing something with decent externals like a VFC and then replace all the internals for the P*, hop and barrel so they have the best platform they can get. Why a Combat machine?

I think the old(?) ones look great but I dont have a clue about the technical side of it. i can't find anywhere that either does the starter package or sells it with two tone now.. :(

Could get an A&K off TaiwanGun for ~£120 as an alternative to G&G if you're going to replace the internals with a P* setup anyway

They have a stubby short barrel one (4" RIS) like the Firehawk called the P&J PJ4 NAVY

I see the Tippmann M4 Carbine as a good alternative to spending loads on a PolarStar Fusion Engine, but hop up and pistol grip are proprietary (might be other things too) so not the most customisable

• Supporters

I think the old(?) ones look great but I dont have a clue about the technical side of it. i can't find anywhere that either does the starter package or sells it with two tone now.. :(

zero one 2-tone all guns 4 free

also....

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/starter-packs

but christ what have they done to my MK18 & FireHawk - yuuuuukkkkkk

airsoftworld's snakeskin is the sexy subtle alternative - well worth paying for that if I was starting out again

• Supporters

it is a HORRID green - zombie or puke green - it's absolutely disgusting

and to kill a sexy black/tan MK18 like that is even worse.

Zero One's 2-tone is ahem "replace-able" or more prone to removal from wear n tear so to speak and free

Airsoftworld though could do their own show instead of changing rooms - changing guns - nice paint jobs

(not too sure about more expensive "Wasteland" scheme but deffo not as wtf as SRC's Gundam - soz for repeat posting)

http://www.evike.com/products/42979/

Now Mr Evike - are you seriously gonna ask for UKARA or try to charge me to repaint that mofo ???

Oh yeah coz it really does look like a RIF ffs

Seen meaner looking Nerf guns but suppose to some out there in anime cosplay world they gotta own it

so who am I to knock other people's interests - I play with toy guns ffs - how sad is that ???

I've got the 300 BOT arrived a week ago. Shoots good got a nice punch to it. slightly more expensive than the other CMs bot however I personally think it's worth it. Trigger response is great with the elctronic trigger and mosfet. even tho lower is polymer the cool key mod raid makes up for it. Just remember you have to get a rail peice. Also if you get it off airsoft world for an extra tenner you can get the burst wiz mosfet so if your aren't satisfied with the mosfet you can just swap it out. It feeds really well as well with the 450 round hi cap which is metal.

I personally would recommend with the money you look like you are gunna be spending getting HPA spending it on a Custom AEG or GBB rifle. I personally think HPA is a step back for airsoft in the fact that manufacturers spent so much time trying to make guns realistic in being compact and now with HPA you have an external gas cannister and a tube which just doesn't look right. That just my opinion anyway.

Or spend the money on a mid range airsoft gun and kit it out your gun with a Peq box fore grip and sight. And then get mag pouches carrier extra batteries Comms, mags so on. Might be a better shout.

• Supporters

Agree the BOT looks nice and I'm hopeful that the fet issues of the past is behind them.

It is ideal for people seeking a mosfet'd gun out of box and even if it goes pear shape the donkey work of installing a fet is already done.

The Kong wizard is supposed to be a proper 3034 get which is regarded as best fet out there, so is fantastic get for £10 offer. Not sure if I'd pay full price for it but at tenner is a bargain not to be missed.

Bit of a git to get ya head round at first but stuff like a 3 round burst 3034 fet is std programmed in which is pretty cool indeed.

All the CM's are great guns, coz they have good engine/box in there, very TM compatible so spares upgrades are cheap n reasonably straight forward.

All a question of what tarted up externals you prefer

MK18 is slightly cheaper at Airsoft world and if you can fit the Kong in there yourself then that would be my choice but it has it faults like poxy lame crap mid cap mag etc...

Luckily there are numerous models of CM's to tempt the potential buyers, G&G certainly got the options/model/choice bit right spoilt for choice I guess if looking for a decent M4 starter at a good price that don't break the bank

Ohh dear wow, that gun looks awful! What is that colour scheme?

Im just so undecided, as I want to swap rail, stock out and things, was just planning buying a good receiver to install the P* then buy the other stuff like Magpull etc. thoughts?

Build it, but paint it vivid 2tone orange/black

Then own everybody with a JBBG looking gun

And wipe their smug grins of there snobby faces

(well that is what I wanna do for laughs)

Covert HPA? :)

I would buy polarstar in a heartbeat if there was a bulpup with internal tank/regulator available.

I've seen someone on the sa80 Facebook page who's converted his to polarstar.

(not too sure about more expensive "Wasteland" scheme but deffo not as wtf as SRC's Gundam - soz for repeat posting)

http://www.evike.com/products/42979/

Gundam inspired? WTF? someone was watching Gundam and thought i know, I'll make a gun that looks like Lego? By this logic my all-black M4 is inspired by Batman

Haha, I wonna hydro dip the glorious Doge's face everywhere.

I've seen a P* cylinder on a stock extension before. But i'd rather run it in the bladder pack.

I've been speaking to Amped Airsoft - contemplating a G&G CM16 300BOT.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.