New M4A1 GBB?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think there's a part called an NPAS which can help lower FPS? I'm not absolutely sure on that one though.

You can either use an npas bolt (not an ideal solution as i think that the setting gets put off over time, like a bad hop up), a 1j bolt, which lets less gas down the barrel, or you can install a shorter or a wider barrel

• Supporters

Depends on the NPAS and how much you're willing to spend. The newer RA-Tech ones are solid, but other brands aren't always so much.

Also they're a great deal of money. Not for the faint hearted.

They're only £70. I guess it depends on what you call a "great deal of money" but if you're buying a GBB rifle then an NPAS is a drop in the ocean...

• Supporters

Eh? So my point all along - we're in agreement.

Errrmmm...if you say so. I thought you were saying that an NPAS was expensive so I pointed out that going GBB is expensive anyway. If that was your point then yes, yes we do agree (kaloo! kalay! What excellent fortune).

Of course if that's not what you were trying to say then you're wrong. Totally wrong. *skips off with fingers in ears singing "LA LA LAAA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOOOOUUUUUU"*

• Supporters

An NPAS costs about £15...

• Supporters

An NPAS costs about £15...

The kits that come with the nozzle are about £70 though http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/ra-tech-upgrade-parts/ra-tech-we-rifle-upgrades/we-m4-series-416-and-pdw-upgrades/ra-tech-we-m4-aluminium-nozzle-with-npas.html

But yes, the NPAS on it's own is much cheaper. Which kind of reinforces my point. Kinda.

• Supporters

Screw the metal nozzles they're a total waste of money. Come with their own set of issues that require you to upgrade other parts.

Plastic nozzles are ten a penny and are perfectly fine as well as not requiring any modification to fit or function properly.

So I'm thinking of getting a WE M4A1 GBBR "Open - Bolt" which is £299.99 which if I recollect is a good price for a WE GBBR. So... are you guys suggesting an NPAS install won't be beneficial for my gun. If not then what do you suppose I do to bring the fps to 350?

As i mentioned, longer/tighter barrel increases fps, shorter/wider barrel reduces fps.

You can also buy a 1j bolt which is a nozzle that reduces power by letting less gas through.

If youre short of cash but have good tools, you can try cutting the barrel down yourself, though this is a minefield and needs much care and research

• Supporters

£15 NPAS valves are fine.

l use them in both my WE GBBRs. No issues here in over a year.

• Supporters

So I'm thinking of getting a WE M4A1 GBBR "Open - Bolt" which is £299.99 which if I recollect is a good price for a WE GBBR. So... are you guys suggesting an NPAS install won't be beneficial for my gun. If not then what do you suppose I do to bring the fps to 350?

Get it from milspec solutions and it will come with a free npas already installed, then you'll be set for playing straight awar

• Supporters

Guys I appreciate all the feedback. But I may go with the npas solution cuz it sounds alot easier. And I don't want to make any modifications to the gun whatsoever xD

Just so you're aware, I'd highly recommend picking up a couple of spare plastic loading nozzles, the WE ones can range from lasting a few hundred rounds up to a several thousand depending on how lucky you are. Worth having at least on spare just in case.

Mil spec Solutions last time I checked £275 for one + NPAS is included as M_P said. Pretty sure upgrading a GBBR wouldn't be hard anyway though? I don't know what fitting the NPAS involves but must be easier than modifying AEGs

• Supporters

It's pretty simple, yeah.

Field strip it to get to the bolt, undo the nozzle guides on the bolt and push the pin out holding the nozzle return spring.

Once the nozzle's out, push the pin through to separate it into two halves.

Drop the valve and spring out of the front half, replace with NPAS.

Reassemble.

Only tricky bit is lining the pins up with the nozzle return spring.

The G&G GBB M4s are actualy pretty good, the mags almost never leak and it has a decent kick. Ive had it for a year and only had 1 problem which was that the hammer spring flew off while i was transporting it in a backpack in two halfs.

Its good for the price but it doesnt have a full cycling bolt, it only goes about halfway back if your looking for realism with the action then you might want a WE but i have seen multiple problems with the WE at my local field.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.