The GBBR Thread

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a standard GHK issue - it comes from the mag feed lips being too tight, you can either just wait till they are broken in a bit more or file the feed lips down gently. I had to do it on all my AK74 mags. If you mess it up new feed lips aren't expensive.

WE mags take an art to load with a speed loader. One thing to bear in mind is that you dont need to force the BB in when loading by hand. They slide into between the lips. Have a look at someone loading a real steel magazine and replicate the technique. I cant think of a good way to describe it. When loading it with a speed loader you will need to apply pressure to the BBs already in the magazine otherwise the spring is way to strong for you to be able to just force BBs in there. Load each mag a few times by hand first though to take some of the tension out of the spring, they are ridiculously strong.

Edit. The guy loading the pistol magazine here is a good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_5JRLRY7M

I'm eyeing up a TM M870 Gas Shotgun, somebody please dissuade me ........

It cant be done. Once you start down the path of the dark side, there is no turning back

they look lovely, but when you reload you need to reload two seperate things... the mag and the gas, which with very limited amount of shots will be a royal pain in the bum!

• Supporters

The gas doesn't run out after one mag-shell worth of shots and you can get a lot of shots out of a gas tank, the videos are out there. Not sure if you have a TM 870 that's performing badly or what, but they're not nearly that bad.

personally would never buy a shotgun for airsoft as they are not very skirmishable unless you are on a milsim game. I love the idea of those CO2 shell eject ones but again just not very practical in airsoft.
I'd personally not get on with having to fill the gas and the shells and load the shells. Only shotty imo worth having is an M203 with CO2 powered shower shells! :D

• Supporters

I see people use them at CQB/Indoor sites all the time to great effect, I'm sorry but 'not very skirmishable' really just isn't right, and the TM 870s are immensely more practical than a shell ejector (maybe not as fun, but that's not the topic at hand). You get 10 shots worth of BBs from a shell in the 3-rnd mode with a TM, switching shells takes a couple of seconds and you'll get many shells from a fill of gas. I don't know many people that'd empty their gas tank during the average CQB game and bombing everything back up again in the safe zone is no more complicated or time consuming than doing the same with GBBr or GBB pistol magazines, not in the slightest.

Bear in mind, looooots of people lurk forums like this and when you state your opinions in the form of facts that's a bad combination. In the case where you've clearly little to no experience of the system in question, I don't think making sweeping statements is a good idea tbh. Not trying to start a war here and not having a go, but some stuff you've said there just isn't the case.

• Supporters

I absolutely loved my TM 870, range on it was lethal with .28g BBs and it'd happily empty 10 shells worth of shots on one fill of gas.

Sadly I bought it for CQB and the full length shotgun just didn't work for me in that environment, went back to using the MP7 instead.

I'm eyeing up a TM M870 Gas Shotgun, somebody please dissuade me ........

The original post was the basis for my reply, he asked to be dissuaded not encouraged! ;-) :D

I see people use them at CQB/Indoor sites all the time to great effect, I'm sorry but 'not very skirmishable' really just isn't right, and the TM 870s are immensely more practical than a shell ejector (maybe not as fun, but that's not the topic at hand). You get 10 shots worth of BBs from a shell in the 3-rnd mode with a TM, switching shells takes a couple of seconds and you'll get many shells from a fill of gas. I don't know many people that'd empty their gas tank during the average CQB game and bombing everything back up again in the safe zone is no more complicated or time consuming than doing the same with GBBr or GBB pistol magazines, not in the slightest.

Bear in mind, looooots of people lurk forums like this and when you state your opinions in the form of facts that's a bad combination. In the case where you've clearly little to no experience of the system in question, I don't think making sweeping statements is a good idea tbh. Not trying to start a war here and not having a go, but some stuff you've said there just isn't the case.

• Supporters

The original post was the basis for my reply, he asked to be dissuaded not encouraged! ;-) :D

Yeah but you know what that actually means on an airsoft forum right? That's like when a woman says "oh no, I don't want anything".

hahahaha aye for sure :D

I tell myself every payday all the reasons I don't need a new toy, then 5-7 working days later a parcel appears! :D

Another interesting development: when testing firing my gun, i found that now with a madbull rubber, the "chambered" BB will roll out of the barrel if i draw back the bolt and point the gun up a little, whereas the standard GHK rubber didnt allow that for some reason. perhaps the original rubber wasnt seated correctly earlier? and was causing the hop issues of mine?

Im not going to swap the rubbers and nubs back if this new setup works... just gotta find a range i can shoot at and can be bothered to drive to... my local shop isnt really local :P

Probably just the hopup is not turned on at all.

The stock hop rubber held the BB even when it was turned off, and my P228 always lets the BB out, so i always guessed it was just how the G5 was. ill have top see if it lets the BB out when i get it set at my next skirmish

Sooooo. . . your gun is bang on the 350 limit on an average day, but you find its running hot on a warm day.

Out of curiosity has anyone tried a mix of green gas and 144a? Say 5 seconds squirt of each gas into a mag (or whatever)? What were the results?

Try Abby Predator Ultra if gg is too hot rather than 144a

Cheers, will look some out, I assumed that was just green gas under a different name tbh. I've tried their brut sniper gas which gives about the same ball park velocity as propane.

• Supporters

mine is running HPA which may make a difference?

Nope, sound won't change between the gasses. Noise all comes from the parts slapping each other, has nothing to with gas.

On the topic of muzzle devices though, a mate of mine put a suppressor on his G5 and then unscrewed the cap on the front of it, so it looked like a massively long amplifier, and the gun made the most hilarious "POP" noise you've ever heard lol. Y'know Donkey in Shrek 2 when they're in the little horse drawn cart thing at the start and he gets bored? Well, that exact noise lol.

I got my WE SCAR a couple of weeks back and only got the change to give it a quick blast yesterday, but I had a horrendous time trying to load BB's in all three of my mags, all brand new. I ended up having to load BB's one at a time. Then once I had them loaded they wouldn't feed. Couldn't fire a single BB. The gun fires, no gas issues, it just seems the lips are too hard to allow the BB's to feed. Can anyone give me tips on how to load and what I should be doing to allow the BB's to feed. I've seen in a few other posts above that it is an issue with these guns, and I've looked on youtube for some help, but so far I'm out of ideas.

I'm a little late to the party with this... But I think your nozzle might be broken.

You say it's cycling fine with the gas but there's no shots coming out, and it's new... That to me says that the little pokey bit on the nozzle that loads shots has been snapped off. As the bolt comes forward a round HAS to be picked up, or the bolt would jam when it hit the shots.

Unless of course the bit that loads the shots has snapped off. I'd get some photos sorted but I'm not at home atm. Inspect your nozzle. Under the bit that goes in the barrel there ought to be a little nub that pushes the BBs in. They can break ridiculously easily on the SCARs, both mine and a mate's both broke on our first ever skirmishes with them.

On the topic of muzzle devices though, a mate of mine put a suppressor on his G5 and then unscrewed the cap on the front of it, so it looked like a massively long amplifier, and the gun made the most hilarious "POP" noise you've ever heard lol. Y'know Donkey in Shrek 2 when they're in the little horse drawn cart thing at the start and he gets bored? Well, that exact noise lol.

Are we there yet??!! lol

Nope, sound won't change between the gasses. Noise all comes from the parts slapping each other, has nothing to with gas.

It would make a difference if I was consistently hitting higher fps than the gas powered one which this time of year is more likely as the gas is less efficient causing it to expand slower thus putting less power into each shot so the bolt hits softer.

Archived