What is it with other forums

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I'm having some issues there too.

I'm try to get information regarding L119's

Now there are 5 or 6 members on said site that claim they can or have been near a real one etc, pm them for any details.

Yet I have pm'd them over the course of several days and only had one answer me!.

Yet with the others it shows that they have viewed their pm's too, bloody rude!.

That's a bloody useless forum for advice then,the whole point is to post information available to everyone so whoever is searching that subject can stumble upon the forum post and have their problem solved. Instead they'll get:

Swagnamite ,Posted today,9:11am

''Hey guys,I'm looking to build an L119 replica,but not sure main differences between an M4 and at a total loss at what brand parts are accurate and good quality to be worth the time and effort of the build''

HeinrichHimmer1943, Posted today, 10:11am

''PM me for details''

Swagnamite, Posted today, 10:12am

''k''

Then you are left with more trawling for shit on google,because all of the information you need was posted privately.

• Supporters

That particular forum would be UKAZ then lol, and I know this because I too went there in search of L119 info and was met with, "Oh yeah, that's mentioned earlier in the thread"

*Thread is over 6000 posts long*

Yaaaaayyyy, I know, I'll just systematically scroll through over 600 pages on a forum to find something that you could just tell me right now. Dickhead.

This is why I'm tolerant of the same topics being started multiple times (so long as they're not on the same page) because if every time anyone asked anything we compiled it all into the same thread, you just end up with a thread a million pages long and all the answers on random pages in the middle that no one can ever be arsed to find.

Adding to what Finius said, I heard on the Grapevine that Seal Team 6's ops are actually just very very very very very very very very very dark blue! Not even black! Dafuq?

Me and Finius could totes wreck them.

Adding to what Finius said, I heard on the Grapevine that Seal Team 6's ops are actually just very very very very very very very very very dark blue! Not even black! Dafuq?

Me and Finius could totes wreck them.

Never buy tacticool gear from normal shops, they'll shaft you every time!

Yay for father ted references.

That particular forum would be UKAZ then lol, and I know this because I too went there in search of L119 info and was met with, "Oh yeah, that's mentioned earlier in the thread"

Yaaaaayyyy, I know, I'll just systematically scroll through over 600 pages on a forum to find something that you could just tell me right now. d*ckhead.

See I was actually that sad and scrolled through EVERY page! :lol:

I was on airsofters for just a little while but the whole dark and dull background gave the impression that it was an emo or gothic forum.

I am in some fb groups, don't really post there but it's irritating to wake up and being bombareded with notifications of "somebody posted this thing i will never see" or "Apex airsoft are trying to sell this thing i don't need"

I'm on Facebook groups for my site and wanted/swaps/sales page hosted by Ambush Adventures, the people who run all the sites local to me including a crapload of CQB places in Aldershot.

It generally is filled with yanks attempting to buy stuff and get it imported over to the US and people who need educating on the VCRA and the defence system.

One of the admins on there had to put up a lengthy post explaining that playing 1 game then trying to buy a RIF would be illegal for the seller.

The page is extremely good in it's control of who can buy, anyone attempting to buy a RIF without a defence and without being over 18 is banned from the page. We do get the occasional idiot on there who can't use google for shit, but they're few and far between

• Supporters

I use this and two other forums but AF-UK is by far the best out off. at least if there's a problem with your threads you get warned to correct it rather than it just being deleted straight off with no warning. everyone is friendly.

yeah obviously this is the best forum out there, I looked at zeroin earlier and its just so terrible. The layout is crap as well, compared to this where you can find stuff within seconds. I don't know any other forums very well for UK airsoft, and have had a look around facebook pages but this seems the best TBH

yeah obviously this is the best forum out there, I looked at zeroin earlier and its just so terrible. The layout is crap as well, compared to this where you can find stuff within seconds. I don't know any other forums very well for UK airsoft, and have had a look around facebook pages but this seems the best TBH

I think SMF forums have the easiest layout. IPB is good but I think SMF is the simplest :) Oh and IPB is like $200 as apposed to SMF, which is completely free.

also dont try and ask too many questions on other forums... found out the hard way lol

Yaaaaayyyy, I know, I'll just systematically scroll through over 600 pages on a forum to find something that you could just tell me right now. d*ckhead.

Thats exactly the sort of thing what I'm talking about. So I post a photo of my mate serving in Afghan to give people a taste of the current British loadout, only to be told it has been mentioned in a previous thread (which is like 20 pages long)

I mean, pleasssssssse. Are you freakin serious. Some people are complete knobs

• Supporters

They're all about form before function, they'd rather everything been categorised and placed in the right little box on the right little shelf, looking all tidy and nice; than for it to actually work as an information hub... Other forums will go out of their way to deny you the answers you want just because you should have asked it in another place, or it's been asked already before.

I don't think they actually understand what a forum is.

They're so busy trying to shape it that they don't realise the shape it's taking is that of a gigantic penis embedded on a forehead.

A newbie introduced himself on 23 July.

18 views later, nobody had acknowledged his existence.

Says it all really.

Was that on this forum?

Also, I remember before being on this forum, I was a member of the airsoft society; an American airsoft forum. If you ever wanted an opinion from someone on there, such as whether this gun or that is any good, they would give you some crap reply with no argument as to why 'cause "I know bestest". I soon left because their snobbery just pissed me off and they never actually helped at all.

Was that on this forum?

Also, I remember before being on this forum, I was a member of the airsoft society; an American airsoft forum. If you ever wanted an opinion from someone on there, such as whether this gun or that is any good, they would give you some crap reply with no argument as to why 'cause "I know bestest". I soon left because their snobbery just pissed me off and they never actually helped at all.

Actually, I find that airsoft society is a very nice forum. They're people are much nicer to work with than say.... ASM... Z1... loads of other forums.

Most of the time the members will not bother too much with multiple threads asking the same question, and if they have a solution they will link it to the already existing thread instead of saying nonsense like asking them use search for common terms. Plus they have an app so I can annoy their members much more frequently lol.

Why is ASF-UK not on tapatalk or mobile devices? I don't mind too much but getting notified on your phone whenever someone replies/messages is a HUGE bonus. I didn't really think I'd find it useful, but man was I wrong.

There should be more moderators like Ed. He seems like he actually wants to help run a friendly forum the way they were meant to be :)

Actually, I find that airsoft society is a very nice forum. They're people are much nicer to work with than say.... ASM... Z1... loads of other forums.

Most of the time the members will not bother too much with multiple threads asking the same question, and if they have a solution they will link it to the already existing thread instead of saying nonsense like asking them use search for common terms. Plus they have an app so I can annoy their members much more frequently lol.

Why is ASF-UK not on tapatalk or mobile devices? I don't mind too much but getting notified on your phone whenever someone replies/messages is a HUGE bonus. I didn't really think I'd find it useful, but man was I wrong.

There should be more moderators like Ed. He seems like he actually wants to help run a friendly forum the way they were meant to be :)

This !

• Supporters

Also, I remember before being on this forum, I was a member of the airsoft society; an American airsoft forum. If you ever wanted an opinion from someone on there, such as whether this gun or that is any good, they would give you some crap reply with no argument as to why 'cause "I know bestest".

KWA am bestest?

Was that on this forum?

Aha and finally someone has guessed the correct answer hahahahaha

Come on some one tell me the name of this forum if it is not zero in.

On another note I think all the mods on afuk actually want to help and be nice, and not snobby because they are mods and we aren't which is partly why this forum excellent whereas the other forums I have seen lack the decent mods they badly need.

What I like about this forum is the mods actually get stuck in and share info instead of just turning up to waive the ban hammer and tell folk what they've done wrong. I've been on many a forum for a few different things and this is the only one where a mod (Ian) has PMd me with eBay links to stuff I was looking for. I mean, can you imagine that happening on Z1?

What I like about this forum is the mods actually get stuck in and share info instead of just turning up to waive the ban hammer and tell folk what they've done wrong. I've been on many a forum for a few different things and this is the only one where a mod (Ian) has PMd me with eBay links to stuff I was looking for. I mean, can you imagine that happening on Z1?

To be fair Z1 is a commercial forum for their own shop. It's good to have forums promoting their own products, as long as they are not bias. Take a look at OcUK... obviously any forums still a better forum than Z1 but OcUK are similar to how they use their forums to promote their own marketing.

Still having said that, its even better to have forums promoting the best price for the best products. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.