Most epic film ever? EVER?!

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nah, Full Metal Jacket. Can't get enough of Drill Sergeant Hartman :D

This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

:P

Watch the film again Tacmaster, when they are doing there basic training the road markings are wrong for America.

That part of the film was shot in the UK as they could find a base in America that looked old enough for the era, so they used a miliary base over here!!!

• Supporters

The best film ever, is V for Vendetta.

It rhymes and everything, so it must be true.

• 1 month later...

Freedom and what not :wub:

Patriotism aside, either Blackhawk down or Lone survivor, BHD being slightly better executed and gripping. Lone survivor had a few bits I couldn't believe, definetly a few moments where I thought yep thats him dead and they jumped back up like they'd just had a power nap but it did touch me showing the kindness and humanity we so often forget exists in this world :D

Best war films ever: Black hawk down or Thin Red Line with a Bridge too far a close 3rd.

There is only one, apocalypse now, and not the crappy reduxe thing to bring in more money

LILO and stitch does come a close second

Thin Red Line FTW. Apocalypse Now is a good one as well, although it's a bit more crazy nearer the end (in the psychotic way) and needs some interpretation. Very far from the normal Hollywood action film full of 'splosions.

Still got funny bits though, like Hueys with speakers playing Ride of the Valkyries :D

Platoon. It shows the true cruelty of the Yanks towards the Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. Something that's missing in Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket. While entertaining they're not very realistic and very pro USA

Platoon. It shows the true cruelty of the Yanks towards the Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. Something that's missing in Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket. While entertaining they're not very realistic and very pro USA

This. Only seen part of platoon but it does show the real side, minus the embellishment.

No it doesn't show the 'real' side. It is as unrealistic as the other two but biased in a different way.

Plus while it may be a good action film it's not 'Epic' neither id FMJ. Apocalypse might squeeze in the 'Epic' though.

Archived