DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I started my airsoft DIY with something simple. I turned a 2 point sling into a 1 point bungee sling like the one in the pic. The clip is too big to fit on the gun so I've used para cord and it looks not bad. I'm going to stitch the ends so they don't slip out it, it holds the guns weight just now but ain't very secure. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt a padded phone cover.

post-10228-0-98372300-1421184926_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Something like this is what I was looking for.

http://h10.abload.de/img/bild1bcq01.jpg

So...camo rather than "worn" then? That'll be a tan base with brown and green splodges lovingly applied with a sponge then allowed to wear off on high traffic areas. Pretty simple really. Probably a lot less work than Chocks rather impressive dry brushing work.

So...camo rather than "worn" then? That'll be a tan base with brown and green splodges lovingly applied with a sponge then allowed to wear off on high traffic areas. Pretty simple really. Probably a lot less work than Chocks rather impressive dry brushing work.

Aye , That tan in operations look.

On another note looking at two rat traps in the DIY shop I have ideas for a claymore.

• Supporters

Just sorted out my (partially) homemade eotech lens protector, removed the mesh from a Chinese made guard, got some cheapo 1mm lexan polycarb sheet which I cut to rough shape with scissors and then finished off with a dremmel. Fits perfectly and I can actually see through it quite well now.

Also remade my sling adapter for my F2000, main part of the strap was taken from a laptop bag.

That's a great job on the EOTech cover (Y)

So I'm wanting to give my G36 a weathered paintjob would anyone be able to advise me how to do this and not make it look crap :)

If you do the camo paintjob faster than is recommended, ie don't bother to let previous layers dry, just spray 2 layers of tan and then sponge on the blobs while it is still tacky, you will be able to easily rub the paint off high traffic areas with kitchen roll dipped in thinners.

Remember that soldiers are not artists - if you get a couple of drips in the 2nd tan coat because you are spraying it into awkward cavities that's a good thing - maybe use a finger to wipe them off so it looks even crapper. The slide is a 'high traffic area' also because it moves on the real steel. Once you have it looking good, finish it with 3 coats of Krylon Clear Coat - this time do it properly, ie in light layers.

• Supporters

I personally do my paintjobs in a more 'organic' way than that; I paint it so it's pristine and perfect, then I use it and the wear happens naturally! Don't go heavy with the paint, a light dusting is better than a heavy coat as it'll bond with the flat areas just as well as a heavy coat but it'll chip away easier on the rails/grip/magwell/etc.

I just did my first coat on it and I have done a nice clean "done in quick sprays across the body so it is a consice layer across" in khaki Halfords paint which is reasonably strong. I actually quite like the paint even in a flat khaki colour. (Pic to follow tomorrow when it has fully dried)

I have ordered a box for my Owen gun.

41AMs6s9xRL.jpgBox size: external: 40 x 30,5 x 24 cm internal: 38,4 x 28 x 21

My plan is to print various WW2 posters (recruiting, propaganda etc.) and photo's and use PVA to cover the exterior. Then varnish over the top to protect it.

Then I will need some sort of catch and some carrying handles. The interior will require some dividers and foam padding. I won't be able to plan the interior until I have the Owen gun.

I have ordered a box for my Owen gun.

41AMs6s9xRL.jpgBox size: external: 40 x 30,5 x 24 cm internal: 38,4 x 28 x 21

My plan is to print various WW2 posters (recruiting, propaganda etc.) and photo's and use PVA to cover the exterior. Then varnish over the top to protect it.

Then I will need some sort of catch and some carrying handles. The interior will require some dividers and foam padding. I won't be able to plan the interior until I have the Owen gun.

I'm really excited to see it :D

• Supporters

Poster on the top: "Keep Calm & Weird Gun On"

I have purchased 6 A3 sheets of craft foam to line the interior of the box. I figure 1 sheet for the base, 1 front, 1 rear and 1 for both ends. That leaves 2 sheets to cover dividers. I have also printed a pile of WW2 posters and photos. There will be no Keep calm and... posters! I have gone for mainly Aussie posters in any case.

I have considered getting 2 Lee Enfield sling loops instead of handles, this would allow the box to be carried by a sling instead of having to store the sling in the box.

• Supporters

Keep Calm & Resistance Is Futile On

• Supporters

Keep Calm & Untwist Your Knickers :lol:

'Kin love that top 1 mate - oh how i sniggered... almost squeaked out an actual lol!

Keep Calm & Untwist Your Knickers :lol:

'Kin love that top 1 mate - oh how i sniggered... almost squeaked out an actual lol!

All it needs is a middle finger instead of the crown and it would make a great patch.

• Supporters

All it needs is a middle finger instead of the crown and it would make a great patch.

Actually i think the crown makes it that much funnier... off to "Stitch Me Up" to find out how much for patches...

Actually i think the crown makes it that much funnier... off to "Stitch Me Up" to find out how much for patches...

If I used any velcro these days, I would consider getting a patch too. Might be worth seeing if anyone else shares the sentiment expressed, you may be able to sell a few if you get some made.

• Supporters

My plan is to get them sold at the price it costs to make and post, i want 2 meself, so the way to get em is get a bunch made - not arsed about a profit. Check my new thread about it anyhoo... ;)

So... Some slides ready for their dip... All cheap guns for display purposes. Green flame, blue flame, splats, cartoon, wood burl.

Then multicam mp5k, some various woodland knives, and some red, and blue marbles... Should be a nice little selection.

post-9185-0-58793700-1421438250_thumb.jpg

The wooden box for my Owen gun arrived Friday. I have so far covered the lid with recruiting posters, photos and newspaper clippings and have lined the inside with craft foam.

Thought I would share this poster:

Are%20you%20shooting%20breakers%20when%2

What other country would have needed a poster to ask people to stop surfing and fight a war? :D

AIF incidentally was Australian Imperial Force. It was technically a separate entity to the army as the Australian constitution up until 1944 did not allow the army to be used outside of Australian territory.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.