Cameron364

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

7629 posts in this topic

Umarex Beta Spetsnaz AK47 - £109.99

330fps downgrade - £39.99

From actionhobbies.

Budget rifle as my G36 is being fixed but I used to have one and really enjoyed using it - very sturdy rifle for the price even if it's cheap pot metal. Got them to downgrade the fps to 330 for me as well since 370 is a bit too hot for most sites :)

Forty quid is a bit fierce for a spring downgrade... I take it you didn't fancy doing it yourself?

Version 3 gearboxes are pretty easy to dis/re-mantle. The Umarex Beta Spets is made by JG iirc, so the only issue to swapping springs is getting the trigger back in when you close the gb shell. The easiest way to do it is close the gb without the trigger and put the top strap on; place the trigger lefthand side down with the trigger spring fitting into the retaining hole in the left gb shell half, then crack the gb open just enough to rock the right side of the trigger in. The bushings for the spur and bevel gears will be slightly out of alignment, but keeping a grip on the gb to stop them moving further and you can poke them into place with a cocktail stick.

Forty quid is a bit fierce for a spring downgrade... I take it you didn't fancy doing it yourself?

Version 3 gearboxes are pretty easy to dis/re-mantle. The Umarex Beta Spets is made by JG iirc, so the only issue to swapping springs is getting the trigger back in when you close the gb shell. The easiest way to do it is close the gb without the trigger and put the top strap on; place the trigger lefthand side down with the trigger spring fitting into the retaining hole in the left gb shell half, then crack the gb open just enough to rock the right side of the trigger in. The bushings for the spur and bevel gears will be slightly out of alignment, but keeping a grip on the gb to stop them moving further and you can poke them into place with a cocktail stick.

Pretty much, I'd rather have a gun I know works than take the risk of using my g36 which isn't working at the moment in case it's more broken than I think it is. So I thought I'd let an actual tech sort the beta out for me whilst I wrestle with the g36.

Cheers for the advice though.

3 classic army mid caps off spatch. thanks again mate looking forward to it :D

now just need a cheap good speed loader to accompany my magazine speed loader

Look for a begardi replica, or warlord tactical were supposed to be making them, along with a load of other l119a1 parts they already make ;)

RE warlord tactical, how does one go about making a purchase from them? I can't find a website, just a facebook page :unsure:

They restock in october, will have to wait till then for my stock pad and front sight :)

Snugpak Jungle bag - brand new in stuff sack with tags £35

MTP Bush hat - £5

Cylume - £0 thrown in for free, the bloke on the stall told me to take the lot of them but I only took one. Felt bad as he'd already given me £3 off the hat without me asking.

As royal mail hate people who are at work or at school by 10, I missed my new chest rig delivery by about 5 mins as I didn't finish for break until late. I'll probably cycle up to their distribution office tomorrow and give them a letter bomb (PS: GCHQ, I do not plan to blow up the royal mail distribution office)

Namaco and Bottledtorment like this

(PS: GCHQ, I do not plan to blow up the royal mail distribution office)

Too late, you're on the list now.

Bottledtorment likes this

Too late, you're on the list now.

Well, I suppose I could always start a new life in Syria.

Bottledtorment and Namaco like this

I've just brought a double m4 mag pouch ( 4x mags) and Itwo triple mp5 mag pouches all in tan, m4 mag pouch is for my fr rig, the mp5 mag pouches will go on a molle belt when I get one

1 x TM M16 VN

5 x magazines

1 x 1st pattern tropical uniform

1 x M1 helmet with liner and Mitchell cover

1 x M56 webbing (belt, ammo pouches, canteens, butt pack)

1 x Tropical Rucksack

1 x M1952 Flak Jacket

1 x replica LAW

£notalot

Yay me!

JamesAirsofterAgent and Monty like this

1 x TM M16 VN

5 x magazines

1 x 1st pattern tropical uniform

1 x M1 helmet with liner and Mitchell cover

1 x M56 webbing (belt, ammo pouches, canteens, butt pack)

1 x Tropical Rucksack

1 x M1952 Flak Jacket

1 x replica LAW

£notalot

Yay me!

Where'd you get your hands on a LAW mate? I can't find real ones any cheaper than £250, wouldn't mind a replica!

Friend of a friend of a friend who's selling up. Quite fancy it myself, but know somebody that wants it more. May even make a profit on the deal!

If you're selling it shoot me a pm with a price and I'll see if its doable!

May even make a profit on the deal!

Just got two complete PRC 343 personal role radios, with MTP pouches and wireless remote PTTs for £250 on ebay!! Whoop whoop!

Mayflower assault back panel

p1010393.jpg?w=580

Nice Mack! where from and how much?

Couple of very nice shinies from Dave's Custom Airsoft.

15300029352_9beaefc217.jpg

• Tactical Link EBAL (Enhanced battery assist lever) - It's just a BAD made out of thicker metal, but I like the angular look
  • Fortis Mfg rail mounted, rotation limited QD sling swivel
  • Naroh Arms KeyMod mounted, rotation limited QD sling swivel
I never bought in to QDs on slings before, stuck with simple hooks and clips to work with the good old ASAP plates. But now a few of the bigger RS sling makers have gotten in to them (mostly with the MS4 and MS1) and there's more QD sling points for M4 lowers, they're making more sense for me personally.
Monty and Airsoft_Mr B like this