Scammers

Question....

So, to stop getting scammed how can you get someone to verify they aren't trying to rip you off. Any methods for verification ?, let's say they don't have any feedback, do you just have to chance it when purchasing let's say on the classifieds in this forum. 

Hmmmm🤔

Edited by Barry Sayer

23 minutes ago, Barry Sayer said:

Question....

So, to stop getting scammed how can you get someone to verify they aren't trying to rip you off. Any methods for verification ?, let's say they don't have any feedback, do you just have to chance it when purchasing let's say on the classifieds in this forum. 

Hmmmm🤔

Ask for a live video meeting with them showing you the item.  That at least proves that they have it.

Edited by Colin Allen

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Barry Sayer said:

Question....

Hmmmm🤔

Ask for more pics for starters, & mix it up by asking for specific items included in the pics, weirder the better, maybe a green toothbrush balanced on a tin of spam alongside today's newspaper with their username scrawled on the front page.

If he does all that your probably good to go, but don't get lax with the payment, paypal goods & services, or cash on collection..........NOTHING ELSE !.

If your swapping kit, my rule of thumb is whoever has the lowest feedback sends their stuff first, & only when you've received it & happy with it do you send your half of the trade.

Also, if your the seller, make time dated vids of stuff working, in case the buyer tries to say its faulty via a PayPal claim,  I had someone sabotage a gun & mags to make a false claim, the video closed him down full stop.

Sound advice above 👍

A 'video call' is a good  idea ! 

I've found if someone isn't transparent in the real world (social media, associated to clubs, well known and alike) I'd be suspicious I.e. nothing to hide there shouldn't be a problem. 

It grinds my bones when someone gets ripped off 😡

1 hour ago, Barry Sayer said:

Question....

Hmmmm🤔

If they seem dodgy and they send me an image of what they "have", I'll always google reverse image it as 90% of the time the original item will show up. If that fails I'll ask for more images, rinse and repeat. 

2 hours ago, Barry Sayer said:

Question....

Hmmmm🤔

I feel your pain, I know its restrictive mate, but I think I am only going to sell to people with feedback or at least 3 months on the forum with a decent posting history. There are so many about nowadays everywhere, and lets just say you are selling something cheap - even getting your personal data from a paypal transaction can be profitable from what I have read. 

As the mods have said - lean on them too. I have to say, the chaps have been providing an excellent service to us all in terms of the anti scammer work that is going on.

Cheers

Edited by ruskitseller