Rum

Partial to trying random ass spiced rums myself, got all sorts really. St Ives Island rum, Dead mans fingers, Gods own. Nothing really to call a favourite though, only been able to (legally) buy my own stuff for a little bit now.

Side-note, I work in a sort of Tex-Mex place and I get a Jarritos (Mexican soft drink) after most shifts, save them up for the end of the week and find that they mix well with rum - Just an alternative to the usual rum and coke were all used to, If probably a bit sweet for the more developed of the tastebuds in here.

This, on the other hook, is great. 

Screenshot_20240501_094818_Facebook.jpg

Oh and Aldi do a cheap Captain Morgan knock off which is better than real Captain Morgan (not difficult).

Also this

20240501_095111.jpg

20240501_095118.jpg

But the rum I had on Sunday is clearly the best 1😉

20240427_154406.jpg

7 minutes ago, StoveCap said:

Just an alternative to the usual rum and coke were all used to

Rum and pineapple juice. Trust me.

Rum and pineapple's a good combo, cut up a pineapple into big chunks, soak them in rum and then do them on the BBQ - tasty!

Have had a few rum's, although I go through a lot more bourbon & whisky. Two bottles on the go at the mo, Mount Gay and Cape Cornwall Spiced which is like drinking christmas cake - not everyone's taste but I like it.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

This, on the other hook, is great. 

Screenshot_20240501_094818_Facebook.jpg

Oh and Aldi do a cheap Captain Morgan knock off which is better than real Captain Morgan (not difficult).

Also this

Rum and pineapple juice. Trust me.

Intrigued by the Santa Theresa, finished in wine casks IIRC. 

I have a bottle of Alchemist pineapple rum which is great in a pina colada/painkiller type cocktail! Plus the bottle is super cool.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

you massive snob 😁

Oi! I resemble that remark!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Aldi do a cheap

Aldi and Lidl often surprise you with their interpretations....  Shows you how we get fleeced in this country by many big brands.

I remember queing up with a load of farmers years ago because our local Aldi/Lidl (can never distinguish between them) were doing an air compressor and tool set for buttons.  This was nearly 15 years ago and most of it is still going.  Back then I serviced my own cars...  Now I have a glorified Milk Float, I donated this all to my brother who uses it to look after his beloved E-Type.

Edited by Dan Robinson

My local asda has been reducing it's range of beer and cider so I've been getting some really good deals as they clear excess stock (eg bottles of Trooper for 68p) so I'm hoping they're going to do the same with spirits. Not sure my liver will be too pleased though 

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

Aldi and Lidl often surprise you with their interpretations....  Shows you how we get fleeced in this country by many big brands.

I remember queing up with a load of farmers years ago because our local Aldi/Lidl (can never distinguish between them) were doing an air compressor and tool set for buttons.  This was nearly 15 years ago and most of it is still going.  Back then I serviced my own cars...  Now I half a glorified Milk Float, I donated this all to my brother who uses it to look after his beloved E-Type.

I have some Parkside tools from the midl o lidl that are really good. 

Yep parkside cordless Dremel still absolutely fine. 3years old and used a lot. £15 

IMG20240501181354.jpg

13.39 minutes I'll never get back

• 1 month later...

Pusser's or Woods for dark.  Havana Club for light.  Fuck anything else.

If you're ever after something a bit different I'd recommend Barti Spiced. Used to be called Barti Ddu (Black Bart) until recently. Its infused with seaweed and this creates quite a unique taste as far as rum goes, and quite a moreish one at that

• Supporters

For anyone looking for an easy route into "proper" rums: