Which retailers in the UK accept Just-Cos Cosplayer Insurance?

Is there an updated list of retailers that recognise this insurance?

I have been playing airsoft sporadically for years but haven't got time to play that frequently enough to fulfill the requirements for a UKARA membership. 

34 minutes ago, superwok said:

I have been playing airsoft sporadically for years but haven't got time to play that frequently enough to fulfill the requirements for a UKARA membership. 

Most airsoft retailers accept Sportsman Association membership if you can’t get to play.

44 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

This.

Just-cos is a load of bullshit made up by a certain shop as a get around to sell rifs to anyone. As for the insurance it offers, anyone who needs it shouldn't have access to rifs as its insurance against being a dumbarse and doing things you shouldn't be doing.

Also deeply ironic considering a former employee of said shop was involved in getting airsoft a defense in the 1st place,  

3 hours ago, superwok said:

Given that the requirement is to "take part in three games at the same UKARA registered game site over a minimum of two months, e.g. the third game being 56 days or more after the first." I am slightly baffled as to how you are unable to play frequently enough.

Colin Allen, please don't spend too much time being baffled by my inability to access registered gaming sites for at least two months, such as the third game occurring 56 days or more after the first. It's not something you need to concern yourself with. Also, I honestly don't care about anyone else's thoughts or feelings regarding whether you agree with the cosplay insurance or the sportsman association defense. This matter is up to the retailer, and at the end of the day, nothing is stopping me from getting it two-toned and then spraying it black anyway. So, let's keep this on topic, and if you want to moan, please start a new thread.

also GenuineGerman this is a hobby I enjoy it's very much for me, so I will keeping playing but thanks for your advice and concern 

15 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

To me the sportsman association defence is also dodgy as fuck as you just pay your money without having to ever attend an airsoft site.  To me both these defences are a big middle finger to those who put in the hard work lobbying for the defence we have and potentially could put the hobby at risk.

This!  

UKARA was created in order to demonstrate that the industry had a means of ensuring that RIFs were only being sold to people who intended to use them for airsoft.  It may be imperfect, but it was a key element in ensuring that we would not have to play with brightly coloured IFs.

9 minutes ago, superwok said:

Colin Allen, please don't spend too much time being baffled by my inability to access registered gaming sites for at least two months, such as the third game occurring 56 days or more after the first. It's not something you need to concern yourself with. Also, I honestly don't care about anyone else's thoughts or feelings regarding whether you agree with the cosplay insurance or the sportsman association defense. This matter is up to the retailer, and at the end of the day, nothing is stopping me from getting it two-toned and then spraying it black anyway. So, let's keep this on topic, and if you want to moan, please start a new thread.

also GenuineGerman this is a hobby I enjoy it's very much for me, so I will keeping playing but thanks for your advice and concern 

Salty little bugger, aren't you?

11 minutes ago, superwok said:

You asked and questions and the answers were provided. Because they don’t match what you wanted to hear there is no need to be rude. Members here have worked hard to stay within the rules so if you expect anyone to tell you a cheat to buy a rif I suspect you are looking in the wrong place. 

My point simple was the rules are there for a reason, are they perfect of course not. However we have to make sure was responsible rif owners to show we can say within the rules and laws. 

19 minutes ago, superwok said:

nothing is stopping me from getting it two-toned and then spraying it black anyway

Uk Policeman Get Back Stock Photo - Download Image Now - Nightstick, UK,  Police Force - iStock

It's not intended to be rude. My original question was straightforward, and while I received an answer, the focus shifted to my inability to attend a game for UKARA qualification—a topic that diverges from my main concern. Discussions on this and your views on the rules, though possibly well-intentioned, don't align with my query, therefore I don't care. My interest is solely in obtaining a list of retailers accepting the Just-Cos Cosplayer Insurance. Beyond that, additional commentary isn't pertinent to my needs. This isn't personal; I'm simply aiming to keep the conversation focused on relevant information.

1 hour ago, superwok said:

cool story 

Nope, thats pretty much what happened dude. Trust me some of the people commenting on this have been playing for over a decade and paying attention to the legalities.

3 games in no LESS than 56 days Is all you need for UKARA.......

1 minute ago, superwok said:

It's not intended to be rude. My original question was straightforward, and while I received an answer, the focus shifted to my inability to attend a game for UKARA qualification—a topic that diverges from my main concern. Discussions on this and your views on the rules, though possibly well-intentioned, don't align with my query, therefore I don't care. My interest is solely in obtaining a list of retailers accepting the Just-Cos Cosplayer Insurance. Beyond that, additional commentary isn't pertinent to my needs. This isn't personal; I'm simply aiming to keep the conversation focused on relevant information.

I would argue your question implies that you are trying to find a way to circumvent the established rules. 

I simply care about a hobby that as we have seen in other countries as been banned quite simply because some people don’t care about the legalities. 

Good luck and I wish you all the best in your search 

Again off topic, don't care about your thoughts, please lets keep on topic   I have been playing this hobby for 10 years plus so I am not new to the UKARA, I just want to new RIF that isn't 2 toned. 

GenuineGerman please feel free to argue my question but in your head, I really do not care what your thoughts are. 

all the best 

So you've been playing for a decade but are willing to undermine the defense that we only just managed to acquire by the skin of our teeth and a LOT of work by some individuals who at the time were playing, not helped by certain major shops throwing in 2tone etc......

Honestly mate, at this point you're part of the problem. Especially given that I suspect Justcos defense isn't worth the paper its printed on as a lot of the conventions IIRC have a "no realistic guns" thing going on and most of the "bellend with a RIF in public" stories I remember revolve around lackwits on their way to various Comicons.........

Edited by hunter511