bb weight for pistol

DanBow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

bb weight  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is the preferred weight for a gbbp

• Supporters
On 23/01/2024 at 19:32, DanBow said:

As title really, which weight of bb is good for a gbbp? I'll be playing outdoor, mainly woodland, with some CQB too.

What pistol? Is it stock? Does it hop well? All these things have more effect than purely the BB weight and where you play.

Personally, I use 0.28 in my pistol because that's what I have in my AEGs (mostly). My TM HK45 with a crazy jet barrel and Maple Leaf hop flings them with remarkable range and accuracy. My standard M9A1 that I haven't even set the hop in yet....not so much. 

32 minutes ago, Lozart said:

What pistol? Is it stock? Does it hop well? All these things have more effect than purely the BB weight and where you play.

Good questions. It's a stock WE F226. I've no idea how it hops yet as my living room is only about 5 metres wide! Lol

• Supporters
2 hours ago, DanBow said:

Good questions. It's a stock WE F226. I've no idea how it hops yet as my living room is only about 5 metres wide! Lol

Then I would say use what you already have, set the hop and see if it's good enough. Don't worry about what other people use because it may well not work the same for you.

Everything i own uses 0.28's. Except the grenade. that gets filled up with the leftovers bottle. Which includes 0.12's!! :D 

May also find your hop needs a tweak anyway depending on how warm/cold it is and what gas you are running and what weight you settle on.

32 minutes ago, _K4MF_ said:

spacer.png

Hey, it's a grenade. Lol

13 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

Hey, it's a grenade. Lol

It's not the size, it's what you do with it? Or something like that? So they say? Possibly? I mean, I think, not that it applies to me, you know, kind of, sort of, perhaps. 👀

21 minutes ago, _K4MF_ said:

It's not the size, it's what you do with it? Or something like that? So they say? Possibly? I mean, I think, not that it applies to me, you know, kind of, sort of, perhaps. 👀

I tell the wife that a LOT. :D LOL. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

Hey, it's a grenade. Lol

and tbf, if there's any valid reason to use .12's, it's in a grenade.

no better use for the fired/dirty/crap ammo that you wouldn't want to put through a pew.

I use 0.25's in my two hi capa's. Mainly because that's the site weight limit at most CQB places I goto. 

If I actually use my AAP, then I put 0.32's in that. 

I've also downgraded my TM MK23 to 0.32's because it gets expensive when people don't take their hits with multiple 0.4's at long range 😅

From the range we set up at our local site, the 0.25's in my hi capa were hitting a torso sized target at 40m. Which is perfectly adequate when most of the folk getting shot with it are a few feet away when I get to play CQB!

3 hours ago, leadly said:

I've also downgraded my TM MK23 to 0.32's because it gets expensive when people don't take their hits with multiple 0.4's at long range 😅

I use .32s in my mk23 too, but I can run .25s in it as well (haven't experimented with .2s yet). Anyone who says that you can't get an upgraded mk23 to shoot light BBs is making excuses

And it's a real shame that this is a consideration we have to make. Don't want to have to shoot someone 5 or 6 times with .4s or heavier because that gets pricey!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.