TM Glock 17 gen5 mos

Mikey80

33 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

So where are you getting your info from? What makes you so sure? 

Jez has already said 😂 

On 19/10/2024 at 09:17, Jez_Armstrong said:

A very VERY reliable source told me a certain company won't be making anymore Glocks 

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

So where are you getting your info from? What makes you so sure? 

I obviously can't drop my source in it otherwise I would have said so already, I wouldn't just say things like that for the hell of it 

It was from TM's mouth to them, they won't be making any more glocks 

We're just going to have to wait and see if that plays out, the fact the shortage of just the glocks on shelves already suggests that if you have one or plan to get one, to either grab one now hold onto it 

16 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I obviously can't drop my source in it otherwise I would have said so already, I wouldn't just say things like that for the hell of it 

It was from TM's mouth to them, they won't be making any more glocks 

We're just going to have to wait and see if that plays out, the fact the shortage of just the glocks on shelves already suggests that if you have one or plan to get one, to either grab one now hold onto it 

Shortage doesn't mean anything in itself when Marui makes guns in batches.

Not long ago you couldn't get an NGRS mp5 in this country or magazines for it for example.

Same story regarding Saiga gas mags. Shortage for several months sold out worldwide. 

Edited by Krisz

28 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I obviously can't drop my source in it otherwise I would have said so already

How does naming your source drop them in it? In what? This isn't some whistle blower confirming details of a top secret UFO recovery program...

If a toy manufacturer has told them directly that something will no longer be made, why is that a secret?

9 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

How does naming your source drop them in it? In what? This isn't some whistle blower confirming details of a top secret UFO recovery program...

If a toy manufacturer has told them directly that something will no longer be made, why is that a secret?

Because they asked me not to and I will respect that so please respect that I cannot say who

You will either have to wait for more news on the subject from other parties or see for it pans out but i 100% believe what they told me

4 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

There's literally no reason to not want to be named if they have rock solid intel unless they're afraid of looking like a clown if it all blows over and turns out to be nothing.

Let it go.

48 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

There's literally no reason to not want to be named if they have rock solid intel unless they're afraid of looking like a clown if it all blows over and turns out to be nothing.

There are valid reasons why they might not want to be named.  

54 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Jez used to be part of a very well known retailer at the time, he has contacts all over the retailers in the UK - if his source says something, it almost certainly is the case.

7 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

For instance?

Does this really need explaining?

Just two as examples:
1. The source got the information from someone who had been given it in confidence.
2. The source was given the information in confidence.

1 minute ago, mightyjebus said:

If Glock have found a way to force TM to stop producing Glocks then I'd imagine HK will be interested in how they did it as well.

A horse's head in the bed usually works well.

23 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Jez used to be part of a very well known retailer at the time, he has contacts all over the retailers in the UK - if his source says something, it almost certainly is the case.

I appreciate that but this source would have to be a Japanese distributor to have heard directly from TM seeing as TM only operate domestically.

16 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Does this really need explaining?

Just two as examples:
1. The source got the information from someone who had been given it in confidence.
2. The source was given the information in confidence.

I don't think you're grasping what I'm asking.  Yes, the source could be not being named because they asked.  BUT WHY?  Why would they need to be protected?  A toy is potentially stopped being made.  Jez's source is convinced this is 100% happening.  What does it matter?  Why would TM tell someone and tell them not to tell anyone?  Do you see what I'm getting at?  Why all the mystery over a toy?

Not a dig at Jez but half of a story just annoys me.

17 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I appreciate that but this source would have to be a Japanese distributor to have heard directly from TM seeing as TM only operate domestically.

I don't think you're grasping what I'm asking.  Yes, the source could be not being named because they asked.  BUT WHY?  Why would they need to be protected?  A toy is potentially stopped being made.  Jez's source is convinced this is 100% happening.  What does it matter?  Why would TM tell someone and tell them not to tell anyone?  Do you see what I'm getting at?  Why all the mystery over a toy?

Almost certainly under an NDA. Breaching one can be ruinous.

26 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I fully grasp what you are asking; I am not sure that you grasp how businesses operate.  The products may indeed be toys, but they are produced by businesses, who probably do not want information about their activities and any legal issues to be widely known; that is why we end up with non-disclosure agreements.

It's amazing how some people don't understand how sources work. If a source asks for anonymity, you give them anonymity. It's journalism ethics 101 and there are legal protections around it.

Also, someone in TAD posted a meme that made me literally laugh out loud. At work. In the office. People looked and thought I was weird, so now I'm sharing it with you

image.thumb.png.095b589d119d05c72268528a3de60fe2.png

Edited by Impulse

9 hours ago, ButcherBill said:

Let it go.

Did the cold never bother you anyway?

8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yes, the source could be not being named because they asked.  BUT WHY?

IMO that's irrelevant. If Jez's source has asked not to be named then it's only right that he honours that.