Display Wall / Cabinets

mirinjawbro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got most of my collection stored in the loft, but I'm not super-happy about it.   
The temperature is pretty damned cold up there now (guess that means the the insulation is doing it's job!) and during the summer it's stiflingly hot.  I doubt the big temp swings are the best thing for our plastic and alloy toys, so I keep them boxed or bagged to try to protect them from the extremes of the temperature changes.

12 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've got most of my collection stored in the loft, but I'm not super-happy about it.   
The temperature is pretty damned cold up there now (guess that means the the insulation is doing it's job!) and during the summer it's stiflingly hot.  I doubt the big temp swings are the best thing for our plastic and alloy toys, so I keep them boxed or bagged to try to protect them from the extremes of the temperature changes.

This was my only real concern, my loft is definitely subject to big temperature changes, I'm not to worried about the cold but the heat might be an issue.

13 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

I'm running out of room

I know the feeling...

15 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

😢😭 WHY ARE BRITISH HOUSES SO TINY?

Because we aren't as fat as Americans.

9 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Because we aren't as fat as Americans.

ERM, can I just say... I never said that, I'm pretty sure I am as fat as many americans & many other nationalities too.

Didn't realise Ikea made one with a "desk mount".  Might actually work for me as I live in a rental just now, and I'm not to keen mounting it on the walls.  

SKÅDIS Pegboard combination, white, 76x56 cm

Edited by Scubasteve89

Just because @Scubasteve89has discovered the desktop fittings, I’ll point out a couple of other options for fitting display systems ……

I use grid walls at shows etc and we build them into various different setups.

Outside in a gazebo we’ll use tall grid walls and zip tie them to parts of  gazebo, inside we’ll have them both on the ground with feet and also mounted onto tables.

For added stability we’ll make corner arrangements ziptieing and clamping grid walls to each other 

I can’t find a decent photo at the moment but also use ‘grid shelves’ which then get used to add stability around corners etc

We don’t do this at shows, but if you have a fixed area and you can drill holes then there are hangers (combine hangers and feet if there’s space)

A couple of traders have ‘door hooks’ that can be put over a display wall to hang grid wall 

IMG_5985.png

IMG_5986.png

The ones on the tables are about to be assembled and stood up, the wall hanging is a buddies mobile airsoft shop which some members may recognise

48 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Just because @Scubasteve89has discovered the desktop fittings, I’ll point out a couple of other options for fitting display systems ……

I use grid walls at shows etc and we build them into various different setups.

Outside in a gazebo we’ll use tall grid walls and zip tie them to parts of  gazebo, inside we’ll have them both on the ground with feet and also mounted onto tables.

For added stability we’ll make corner arrangements ziptieing and clamping grid walls to each other 

I can’t find a decent photo at the moment but also use ‘grid shelves’ which then get used to add stability around corners etc

We don’t do this at shows, but if you have a fixed area and you can drill holes then there are hangers (combine hangers and feet if there’s space)

A couple of traders have ‘door hooks’ that can be put over a display wall to hang grid wall 

Yup... love it.

419973175_24596367296645340_5584754572974777137_n.jpg

I knocked this up out of an old pallet and some scrap wood liberated from a neighbour's skip20240117_210616.thumb.jpg.e64bb9f210bea787d41b85522b1fb035.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I knocked this up out of an old pallet and some scrap wood liberated from a neighbour's skip20240117_210616.thumb.jpg.e64bb9f210bea787d41b85522b1fb035.jpg

You could fit a couple of bikes in it!👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.