Comparisons between 2 AEGs

mosesman831

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there and welcome.

Yeah, it's tricky to discern much difference - you could always give them a call and let them point out the differences.  
(Of course it looks like one is in stock, and one isn't - you might find one has replaced the other in Specna's product list)

• Supporters

As above, doesnt look like significant differences, just different rail or stock style (which translated into ar speak means it's a totally different gun :P)

I suspect their bb flinging performance is going to be identical.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Of course it looks like one is in stock, and one isn't

I would definitely prefer to buy the one that I could buy.  The FLEX will be fine, it's got a rotary hop and quick change spring, the two features that I'd look for in a basic M4.

Specna change their branding so often that it's hard to keep up. The CORE used to have an X-ASR mosfet that was pretty much a gimmick rather than a feature.  It also had bearings rather than bushings, now the FLEX has those (personally I'd prefer bushings, but the bearings in my CORE haven't given up even though I'm running it at 1.8J as a DMR).

At that price point it's really not worth worrying too much about it, just bag whatever's in stock and deal with the reality of what you actually receive.

28 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I would definitely prefer to buy the one that I could buy.  The FLEX will be fine, it's got a rotary hop and quick change spring, the two features that I'd look for in a basic M4.

Specna change their branding so often that it's hard to keep up. The CORE used to have an X-ASR mosfet that was pretty much a gimmick rather than a feature.  It also had bearings rather than bushings, now the FLEX has those (personally I'd prefer bushings, but the bearings in my CORE haven't given up even though I'm running it at 1.8J as a DMR).

At that price point it's really not worth worrying too much about it, just bag whatever's in stock and deal with the reality of what you actually receive.

So, in your opinion, I should get the FLEX over the CORE?

Because they have similar prices and I don't really want to make a bad decision, so I am here to ask the Airsoft community. 

8 minutes ago, mosesman831 said:

So, in your opinion, I should get the FLEX over the CORE?

Flex from here (£90): https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/specna-arms-sa-f01-flex-aeg-carbine-replica-black

I was quite impressed with the Flex series guns I've seen in the Z1 showroom. Most of the CORE guns have metal rails - which jacks up the prices.

Internally, there's little to no difference between them (confirmed at the 10min mark).

Welcome to the wonderful world of airsoft mate!

Just had a look at them both for you. As others have said above, Internally they're pretty much the same, with the same features (Rotary hop, 6.03 tight bore inner barrel etc). The main difference between the 2 is that the F-02 FLEX is longer with a longer inner barrel whereas the CORE is shorter and more compact with a shorter inner barrel. 

Which ever you decide to go for will depend on your play style and which you prefer the look of, they should both perform pretty much the same.

Ask yourself, is your site more CQB based or longer range outdoor? do you prefer getting balls deep in the action cutting tight corners whilst clearing small buildings, doorways and corridors? Do you prefer and feel more comfortable handling a longer or a shorter RIF? This will help you decide which one to get as the main and only difference i can spot is the length.

Hope this helps!

9 hours ago, SeanM said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of airsoft mate!

Just had a look at them both for you. As others have said above, Internally they're pretty much the same, with the same features (Rotary hop, 6.03 tight bore inner barrel etc). The main difference between the 2 is that the F-02 FLEX is longer with a longer inner barrel whereas the CORE is shorter and more compact with a shorter inner barrel. 

Which ever you decide to go for will depend on your play style and which you prefer the look of, they should both perform pretty much the same.

Ask yourself, is your site more CQB based or longer range outdoor? do you prefer getting balls deep in the action cutting tight corners whilst clearing small buildings, doorways and corridors? Do you prefer and feel more comfortable handling a longer or a shorter RIF? This will help you decide which one to get as the main and only difference i can spot is the length.

Hope this helps!

I might play both kinds, milsim and CQB, but I still don’t know what gun I should get… Maybe the outer materials are different?

Like @Rogerborg said, play a couple of games with different rentals. And ask player if you can shoot a couple of bbs with their replicas ( most of us will happily let you do so )

I was going to buy a steyr aug for my first RIF, because it looked so cool, tried it, turns out i hate the ergonomic of that particular replica, it’s entirely personal, biased and it can be a very decent pew pew. But i would have sunk a couple of 100s in a replica that does not fit me. Same with the Svd, looked cool, the gun is 120cm and I am 170, not exactly the best for mobility as a dmr.

You are likely going to build your loadout and your play style around your first replica, so try a couple before committing, you might be more of an AK or G36 user than M4. 

2 hours ago, mosesman831 said:

I might play both kinds, milsim and CQB, but I still don’t know what gun I should get… Maybe the outer materials are different?

As others have posted get a game or 2 under your belt and you'll have a far better idea what suits you.

There's no big difference in what the bodies of either gun linked, as listed under specifications 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.