V2 Gearbox exploded. One more spring to go?

AshOnSnow

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My M4 Gearbox threw gears, springs and bits everywhere when I took it apart because, put simply, I was stupid and didn't hold the spring down tight enough when I unscrewed the housing.

I've put it mostly back together, but I have one spring left over that I'm not sure of its origin.

Would appreciate some help in what this came off and where it needs to go back.

CCCF3E0C-71C4-47D4-8B22-7C60F01D9542.jpeg

B7B8AA89-AEA0-4066-95CD-1CACF29E82DE.jpeg

Edited by AshOnSnow

32 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

My M4 Gearbox threw gears, springs and bits everywhere when I took it apart because, put simply, I was stupid and didn't hold the spring down tight enough when I unscrewed the housing.

I've put it mostly back together, but I have one spring left over that I'm not sure of its origin.

Would appreciate some help in what this came off and where it needs to go back. (Pic coming in a sec)

Bet it's off the arl.

3 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Yep... that's the anti reversal latch spring.

You'll have fun with that little fecker LOL

Actually - I’ve already put that one back. It looks similar but the ARL spring angles back on itself, at least on my gearbox it does.

unless I’ve put the wrong on on the ARL but it fits and works perfect.

Edited by AshOnSnow

How about the tappet plate sprung.

Not many choices left really 🤔

So I’ve put back tappet plate (coiled spring with 2 loop ends?) trigger spring, mag release and ARL. This one is left over, and I know not whence it came.

The promised picture would be very helpful at this point!

Edit:  sorry, missed your edit with the pics

Looks like a trigger spring to me, but if you have already got that in place... Yeah, confused 🤔

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Bolt catch spring.

This.

9 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Bolt catch spring.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

This.

Ahhhhh!

Thanking you!

Anyone know of a video on reinstalling this kind of bolt catch? I can't find one anywhere and it's not apparent how to do it.

Best I could find is this, but it doesn't really relate to what my gearbox shell looks like, there's nowhere to put the spring like that with mine.

Edited by AshOnSnow

6 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

10mins 50sec in

Really appreciate the reply - I actually used this video to get the rest of my gearbox back together - but it doesn't show the bolt catch which is what I have left to do. This is exactly what I found that there are lots of videos on gearbox assembly disassembly, gun strips, even mag release, but no bolt catch videos for AEG, only for GBBR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.