Heavyweight tracer BBs

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

as the title implies, i am looking for a source of heavyweight, high quality tracer BBs (.30g and above).

every site i have looked at seems to only list .2, .25 and .28.

i mainly use .32 in my main rifle (Tippmann M4v2) and am looking to use heavier ammo than the .28s i currently use in my VFC M249 once the hop has had a chance to bed in

Edited by Spartan09
edited for clarity

> VFC m249
> Heavier ammo (than .32)

🤨

7 minutes ago, Impulse said:

> VFC m249
> Heavier ammo (than .32)

🤨

sorry, i should edit for clarity...   im currently using .28s to bed in the 249, and i want to use .3s or .32s once its bedded in

I'm running .30's in my VFC 249 now, hops them easily. Tracer wise I use Geoffs bio ones in a .30 in all my GBBRs

GEOFFS™ NATURAL PRECISION™ BIO AIRSOFT BBS BB AMMO 6MM PELLETS VSR SNIPER TRACER | eBay

I still think even .3s is a bit excessive for a support gun, considering what you're aiming to do with a support gun is lay down a bunch of BBs :P 

You won't get very heavy tracer ammo though because I don't believe it exists, due to what materials are needed to make heavy BBs as heavy as they are and what materials are needed to make tracers all glowy are very different materials.

I've been using geoffs .3 tracers and found them very good. Outdoor and tactical is where I usually find them. The website is a bit jankie but get the filter to just display tracers and pop up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2023 at 21:35, Impulse said:

I still think even .3s is a bit excessive for a support gun, considering what you're aiming to do with a support gun is lay down a bunch of BBs :P 

You won't get very heavy tracer ammo though because I don't believe it exists, due to what materials are needed to make heavy BBs as heavy as they are and what materials are needed to make tracers all glowy are very different materials.

Remember his support gun is using 100 round magazines and firing in bursts rather than the usual stream of BBs from AEG or HPA options .

0.32g is the heaviest I've seen for tracers and they were RWA ones

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/rwa-6mm-airsoft-tracer-bbs-pla-bio-tracer-0-32g-3000-rounds-bag.html

Specna arms did do some .32 green tracers . I have a pack of 500 in box . 

Sorry pack of 1000. Think I got them from gunfire before the Brexit shit down 

Bouncing off this topic, I haven't found, anywhere, red tracer BBs heavier than 0.25g.

I was looking for biodegradable 0.30g red tracer BBs for a GBBR. Couldn't find any.

Am I being blind and/or thick ?

2 hours ago, The_Roach said:

Bouncing off this topic, I haven't found, anywhere, red tracer BBs heavier than 0.25g.

I was looking for biodegradable 0.30g red tracer BBs for a GBBR. Couldn't find any.

Am I being blind and/or thick ?

I could be horribly wrong but isn't it the case that red tracers are not properly illuminated by all tracer units? If correct then that's the reason as why make a niche product for something that's inherently niche? 

16 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I could be horribly wrong but isn't it the case that red tracers are not properly illuminated by all tracer units? If correct then that's the reason as why make a niche product for something that's inherently niche? 

Maybe but my question isn't about whether these BBs should be on the market or not. I'm just asking whether they exist or not.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.