Gun Bag Recommendations

C-Diddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As topics of discussion go, gun bags isn't the most exciting, but they're essential in our hobby.

I currently have a few; a Buffalo rifle bag, an 8 Fields double bag and a DSLeaf rifle bag from Amazon.

The DSLeaf is my main bag, and is ok. Storage for magazines and other odds and sods, but it's not the most robust. The 8 Fields is used only for storage as it's fairly flimsy, and the Buffalo is beautifully padded but lacks storage.

I do have a large Nuprol case, but never use it because it's too cumbersome.

Any recommendations for a bag that can securely carry two (heavy) rifles, GBBR magazines, admin items, has decent padding and is ruggedly built?

I don't mind spending a bit to protect my RIFs, but at the same time I don't want to be bent over.

13 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

As topics of discussion go, gun bags isn't the most exciting, but they're essential in our hobby.

I currently have a few; a Buffalo rifle bag, an 8 Fields double bag and a DSLeaf rifle bag from Amazon.

The DSLeaf is my main bag, and is ok. Storage for magazines and other odds and sods, but it's not the most robust. The 8 Fields is used only for storage as it's fairly flimsy, and the Buffalo is beautifully padded but lacks storage.

I do have a large Nuprol case, but never use it because it's too cumbersome.

Any recommendations for a bag that can securely carry two (heavy) rifles, GBBR magazines, admin items, has decent padding and is ruggedly built?

I don't mind spending a bit to protect my RIFs, but at the same time I don't want to be bent over.

I use THIS one.  No complaints so far.

Edited by Krisz

I have (what appears to be) a 36" Condor Double Rifle bag which has many different clones from different brands. A 46" generic Amazon tan rifle bag for my longer guns. A 8Fields Tactical double rifle bag which is what I take to games. These three bags are all made of the thicker 600D material but only the Condor bag has the internal seperator flap thing. The Amazon one has a large internal space for your main rifle and then a smaller pouch on the front (36") for your secondary. The 8Fields bag doesn't have a seperator/flap but has space for two medium rifles and are secured by provided molle loops and velcro straps on the inside.

For storage I managed to get 5x generic Amazon rifle bags. I have them for sale for £25 ea. inc postage if you're interested :)

Edited by MrTea

2 hours ago, MrTea said:

For storage I managed to get 5x generic Amazon rifle bags. I have them for sale for £25 ea. inc postage if you're interested :)

Ah, the crap gun bags I gave away for free via this advert. Interesting.

2 hours ago, MrTea said:

Are you actually trying to flip free bags.......on Mack's....that's..... brave 

1 hour ago, Herrgh said:

Ah, the crap gun bags I gave away for free via this advert. Interesting.

I'd have happily trebled the price. ;)

20 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Are you actually trying to flip free bags.......on Mack's....that's..... brave 

Last owner gave them away for free. I've kept two and i'm selling the other three, which I don't need, there's nothing wrong with that. Wouldn't be the first piece of gear i've flipped in airsoft either.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at about £180 but I’ve used the 5.11 42” double rifle bag in the past and it was great, good retention on the rifles and felt pretty sturdy too 

8 minutes ago, Joe142 said:

It’s a bit on the pricey side at about £180 but I’ve used the 5.11 42” double rifle bag in the past and it was great, good retention on the rifles and felt pretty sturdy too 

5.11 is good kit.

I've had my 5.11 range bag for 15 years now and I do fill it up with mags,pistols and all manner of related gear. It's heavy but has never popped a stitch or had a zip go west.👍

• Supporters

By weird coincidence I was also looking around just earlier, it seems most of the usual UK retailers for quality kit have stopped bothering stocking rifle bags for the most part, if not entirely.  Every option I looked at on Tactical-Kit was OOS, Flecktarn have zero and I don't recall seeing any gun bags on UKTactical.  Google offered up nothing of great interest either.

Personally this is the only option I'm considering that I found in stock in the UK:

https://www.military1st.co.uk/tb-du8-cd-01-helikon-double-upper-rifle-bag-18-black.html

It's pretty annoying and probably an indicator of the times.  I have a WAS bag from about 15 years ago that's all 1000D, 1 big space for a rifle, another that can fit a shorter rifle/SMG then outer pistol pocket + 2 general zip pockets.  Built like a tank and.. not even shown on WAS's own website anymore (the one where they list every single product they seem to have made in the past couple of years).

HSP looks to have stopped production of the Incog entirely and the Spiritus Autobag seems to have been a one off thing.  My guess is that such large items with such expensive shipping are not particularly economically viable in this lovely post-covid economy; they're pretty hard to dispatch without also paying to send a large volume of air in each pallet.

TBH I've just bought cheap & chearful... only need to carry from my house to the car without scaring the neighbours on a Sunday morning, got sick of wrapping some pews in towels so have another couple of cheapies from fleabay on their way.

I tend to take 2 or 3 pews on a game day but was taking another 4 to the local tech yesterday... leaving me with another 4 towels on the wash pile (yes pile, I think my son only brings them out of his room when he can't see the floor any more).

They generally sit in the boot of my car at the local site as it's right beside the safe zone.

If by Nuprol case, you mean the hard case, I use a soft rifle bag by them.

https://nuprol.com/np-pmc-deluxe-soft-rifle-bag-42-camo.html

Reasonably sturdy and plenty of pockets plus the compartment to put in two large-ish RIFs has a divider.

Action Hobbies often have gun bags in the boneyard section.  I got a few of them, made by different manufacturers, decent bags for £10-15 each

Thanks all for your suggestions. 

@Joe142 @Shamal I agree about 5.11 kit. Had a few bits over the years for airsoft and while I was serving., and found them to be of decent, rugged quality. Always keeping an eye out for a bargain on the 190l CAMS bag. 

This is what I bought earlier in the year after, like you @TheFull9 not finding anything suitable at my go-to kit retailers, and most of the gun stores I've used also coming up blank.

I like the design and amount of storage in the DSLEAF, especially for mags, but the rifles never feel properly secure and, with two rifles and 7 gas mags, the stitching on the shoulder strap gave way. 

@gavinkempsell unfortunately, a couple of the sites I go to have a bit of a walk from the car park to the safe zone, so having a suitably sized, sturdy grip is necessary.

@RostokMcSpoonsgood shout! Heading there now. 

39 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

@RostokMcSpoonsgood shout! Heading there now. 

... you do have to be lucky with your timing!  Good stuff doesn't tend to be there for long

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

... you do have to be lucky with your timing!  Good stuff doesn't tend to be there for long

It's actually insane how fast you have to be to get a good deal. I was lucky once and snagged a Nuprol Operator 60L Duffle Bag for £15. It's a way better fit for me and my gear simply because of the internal dividers and backpack straps. Carrying a 50L holdall in one hand is a right pain because of how bulky it is especially when you have a rifle bag in the other hand.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.