Airsoft boots - what to buy? (Was in the 'how did your day go' thread)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

No dishonour there, that's a really well put together scam site.  If I'd read this after wine o'clock, I might have joined you.  They only got hyperbolic (and ungrammatical) when it came to the "hurry, hurry!" claims on the product pages.

image.png.92dd7adc4f8bde54c82b9c21424dec79.png

Agreed. If anything at all, the biggest giveaway is the sheer size of the discount on offer. But like you, with a few drinks inside me and the fear of missing a bargain I’d have fallen for it. 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

No dishonour there, that's a really well put together scam site.  If I'd read this after wine o'clock, I might have joined you.  They only got hyperbolic (and ungrammatical) when it came to the "hurry, hurry!" claims on the product pages.

image.png.92dd7adc4f8bde54c82b9c21424dec79.png

Yup the only thing that tickled my critical faculties was the fact the 'in stock' figure wasn't changing between sizes, and the large figures for those 'in cart' meaning most of the stuff should've sold out already.

Lucky escape though, because my appetite for a bargain could still have carried me to the checkout page!

I fell for it too, even ordered two pairs as i was feeling flush. Reality dawned literally the next morning where i opened a disputed with my bank. They refunded me almost straight away thankfully - felt such a knob explaining what had happened... 

• Supporters

suck-yousuck.gif

My boots have arrived!  

1125017237_Iturriboots.jpg.41e86197694b65a6a5e73524c6a8942e.jpg

Very good condition, good size (fairly snug, once I'd put some cushion insoles in them - I hope my feet don't swell tooooo much through the day)
Very happy at £38 inc postage off eBay (a one-off sale, though the seller does quite a bit of surplus stuff).

Noticeably not as much ankle support as my high-top para boots (well, duh) but a good deal lighter and more comfortable.    M'wife keeps on at me to go on some 'power walks' with her... as I can't find my proper jogging trainers anywhere, I think I'll wear these instead, get them moulded to my tootsies in preparation for the next game day.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

My boots have arrived!  

1125017237_Iturriboots.jpg.41e86197694b65a6a5e73524c6a8942e.jpg

Very good condition, good size (failry snug, once I'd put some cushion insoles in them - I hope my feet don't swell tooooo much through the day)
Very happy at £38 inc postage.

Noticeably not as much ankle support as my high-top para boots (well, duh) but a good deal lighter and more comfortable.    M'wife keeps on at me to go on some 'power walks' with her... as I can't find my proper jogging trainers anywhere, I think I'll wear these instead, get them moulded to my tootsies in preparation for the next game day.

Excellent!  No need for a duel then?

That was a very good price!

Edited by Colin Allen

6 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Excellent!  No need for a duel then?

That was a very good price!

The duel is off.  I was just about to re-watch Barry Lyndon for some tips, too ;)

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

The duel is off.  I was just about to re-watch Barry Lyndon for some tips, too ;)

I shall keep the hot air balloon and the blancmange flinger to hand as I will encounter Roger the Welshman several times over the summer at various festivals, although I may be rather too busy running a lightshow and keeping the band in some sort of order to engage in mortal combat.

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

M'wife keeps on at me to go on some 'power walks' with her...

That's an easy one.... If Mrs McSpoon comes on a skirmish, you'll go on a power walk. 

I've been trying to persuade SWMBO to come for a day, but she steadfastly refuses.  Which is a shame as I can think of few things as cathartic as shooting her repeatedly for a day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

As for scam sites, there was someone attempting to impersonate Crown Airsoft and had a very convincing site. Only thing that got my spidey sense tingling was the fact that their stuff was about $100 cheaper than everywhere else. After looking about their site a bit more the name of the site was spelt wrong; CrownAirosoft. At a glance, it's easy to miss. The fake site has since been stripped to it's standard layout presumably by the hosting service.

I try my hardest to pay with paypal everywhere on the internet just in case my brain turns off and I get scammed.

Edited by MrTea

Ah that's a real shame about the site being a scam, clearly my scam radar isn't great, but I guess when something seems too good to be true it usually is. Hopefully everyone can get their money back.

Also very sorry to anyone who might have bought something from them due to my comment!

Edited by FMairsoft33

2 hours ago, FMairsoft33 said:

Also very sorry to anyone who might have bought something from them due to my comment!

We’re all grownups, and we all could have seen it.  I don’t think you need to apologise, unless of course you made the website and you’ll be flying a helicopter to your local site with all the cash you’ve suckered from us 😂.

No harm, no foul

There seems to be quite a few of these lowa scam sites going around at the moment. 

https://www.lowaretail.vip/

https://lowaretail.online/

A few of my friends got done by it. Some of them still don't believe it's a scam and that their boots are still coming! 

Biggest giveaway for any site like this is the about us and the privacy policy and any customer support emails. 

Also do a quick search of the url. If anything comes up saying "is url.com a scam site" it's been searched numerous times before. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, JVacation said:

Also do a quick search of the url. If anything comes up saying "is url.com a scam site" it's been searched numerous times before. 

Or run the URL through a site like https://www.scamadviser.com/

There are extensions for Chrome that can do the same thing too.

• 3 weeks later...

A little update, I've been idly curious to see what would happen and I've regularly checked the tracking number to see if any progress has or hasn't happened. As you can see below, every few days the tracking website - which is probably fake too - updates itself and if we are to believe what it says they are now in the Uk.

Any bets on what may/or may not arrive? 

2023-06-20 06:28:00

Shenzhen Order Created

2023-06-21 08:09:00

Shenzhen Operations Center Processing Package Information

2023-06-22 23:52:00

Leaving The Shenzhen Operations Center

2023-06-24 12:01:00

Arrived In Hongkong, Waiting To Fly Away

2023-06-25 15:22:00

Flight departure

2023-06-30 08:10:00

In transit

2023-07-05 03:22:00

In transit

2023-07-10 05:46:00

In transit

2023-07-11 07:46:00

GB,Item is being presented to custom.

1 hour ago, Barny said:

Any bets on what may/or may not arrive? 

Maybe you'll get a pair of cheapo knock-offs to wear down the pub? 

It's certainly going to be interesting :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.