NAF ‘23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'll be keeping my eye pro on pretty much all weekend.

3000 or so macho men, weekend warriors and  all the other kind of airsofters, with their pew pews? Someone's gonna be a dickhead, guaranteed, and that's before you factor in the alcohol.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Mmm, I throw a cheap pair of safety glasses on in safe zones now at regular game days.  Sad that it's come to this, but I've seen to much unsanctioned dry (and not-so-dry) firing in "safe zones" now that I'd rather not be the "told you so" poster pirate.

24 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Someone's gonna be a dickhead, guaranteed, and that's before you factor in the alcohol.

I would bet my left nut that some thundercnut will let off a pyro in the middle of the night for giggles.

3000 airsofters...in one place...with alcohol.....urghh. And those portaloos are going to be minging. 🤢

Have fun!

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would bet my left nut that some thundercnut will let off a pyro in the middle of the night for giggles.

3000 airsofters...in one place...with alcohol.....urghh. And those portaloos are going to be minging. 🤢

Have fun!

As a former "new age traveler" and life long rock festival fan, toilets don't bother me 😉

There's a no pyro rule at NAF. Bet people still bring pyro though. 

14 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

There's a no pyro rule at NAF. Bet people still bring pyro though. 

BFGs are allowed for normal game days there. Don't know if that's the case for the NAF though.

Pyrotechnics
The use of pyrotechnics by players is strictly forbidden with the exceptions detailed below. This includes gas and CO2 devices not specifically specified below.

Blank Firing Pistols / Rifles

Dynatex Blank Firing Hand Grenade (9mm or .209 Primers only)

Mad Bull & Ultraforce Landmines

40mm Gas Grenades

Spring & Gas Claymores

Blank firers and alcohol. 

WOOHOO

Iirc the ban on disposable pyros is down to the peat soil as there's a risk it can catch fire and spread underground 

6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Pyrotechnics
The use of pyrotechnics by players is strictly forbidden with the exceptions detailed below. This includes gas and CO2 devices not specifically specified below.

Blank Firing Pistols / Rifles

Dynatex Blank Firing Hand Grenade (9mm or .209 Primers only)

Mad Bull & Ultraforce Landmines

40mm Gas Grenades

Spring & Gas Claymores

Blank firers and alcohol. 

WOOHOO

I take it you are camping in the noisy zone? 😂😂 

To be honest bangs are going off all night.

The marshals do quad bike around looking but how do you look for a bang that's already happened? 😂

Edited by Shamal
Addition

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the confirmed trade stands is filling up, some decent gear to be purchased at extortionate festival prices no doubt!

Wont stop me though 😂

GBF Militaria always seem to have interesting stuff on their website

14 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Looks like the confirmed trade stands is filling up, some decent gear to be purchased at extortionate festival prices no doubt!

Wont stop me though 😂

GBF Militaria always seem to have interesting stuff on their website

You're really going to spend money on the absurdly priced stuff there? No offence dude, but you're a bit dim.

So anyway, we can compare purchases!

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

You're really going to spend money on the absurdly priced stuff there? No offence dude, but you're a bit dim.

I’ll show you mine - if you show me yours first 😂

You will have no money left for trade stands.

Your Dosh will be sucked from your pockets by the human vacuum cleaners before you hit the main arena.lol

So much gear and so little time 😂

Regards 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

You will have no money left for trade stands.

Your Dosh will be sucked from your pockets by the human vacuum cleaners before you hit the main arena.lol

So much gear and so little time 😂

Regards 

Well, I’m gonna be sniffing around for possibly a couple of RIF’s whilst I’m down there. The classifieds here just now have been pretty uninspiring, tbf it’s not just here, it’s everywhere. Summertime gets folk hording their nice stuff 😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Well, I’m gonna be sniffing around for possibly a couple of RIF’s whilst I’m down there. The classifieds here just now have been pretty uninspiring, tbf it’s not just here, it’s everywhere. Summertime gets folk hording their nice stuff 😂

You could always post up in the wanted section for those elusive bits, I keep hearing about the bloke who's uncle is selling off all the stuff that no one can find elsewhere 😏

48 minutes ago, Tackle said:

You could always post up in the wanted section for those elusive bits, I keep hearing about the bloke who's uncle is selling off all the stuff that no one can find elsewhere 😏

Sadly, he’s not been in touch yet 😂😂

7 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

So, rather than leave it to fate, are we actually going to arrange a meet up? And by meet up I mean drinking, not at the end of a barrel. 

What about Friday,3pm by the saloon/chrono station?

On 11/07/2023 at 12:11, Skullchewer said:

Things are not priced at stupid prices at NAF, last year BB's £6 a bag when in your local shop they would have been £10.

I bought two WarQ helmets, normal price £199 each, on offer at £35 off full price as I bought two and was cheek enough to ask if they would discount anymore if I bought two, gor another £35 off, so I saved £105.

If you know what you want and you want to take a risk, you can buy others second hand kit, my son wanted a scope and got a scope he wanted for £49 which normally retails for £110.

There are plenty of other traders there with all sorts of kit and you can buy a bargain if you know what you want and are prepared to take a risk.

21 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

So, rather than leave it to fate, are we actually going to arrange a meet up? And by meet up I mean drinking, not at the end of a barrel. 

Definately up for a couple of beers lads

Im gonna have a thirst after our journey down that might last a couple of hours!! 👍

21 hours ago, AirSniper said:

Things are not priced at stupid prices at NAF, last year BB's £6 a bag when in your local shop they would have been £10.

I bought two WarQ helmets, normal price £199 each, on offer at £35 off full price as I bought two and was cheek enough to ask if they would discount anymore if I bought two, gor another £35 off, so I saved £105.

If you know what you want and you want to take a risk, you can buy others second hand kit, my son wanted a scope and got a scope he wanted for £49 which normally retails for £110.

There are plenty of other traders there with all sorts of kit and you can buy a bargain if you know what you want and are prepared to take a risk.

I’ve been kinda saving for the event to allow me a couple of purchases, fingers crossed there’s something that takes my fancy, I seem to be getting a bit picky in my older years 🤭

On 12/07/2023 at 13:08, Skullchewer said:

I'm new to naf, won't we still be "playing airsoft " (in the very loosest sense) at that time?

Not really on the Friday. Most of that day is sign in and chrono. There will be some play.pistols shotgun if you want it and the kill house will be open. 

Regards 

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Im gonna have a thirst after our journey down that might last a couple of hours!! 👍

I’ve been kinda saving for the event to allow me a couple of purchases, fingers crossed there’s something that takes my fancy, I seem to be getting a bit picky in my older years 🤭

If you can't find something then you are either blind or your wife has welded your wallet shut without you knowing 😂😂

23 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

If its something you want from Zero One shop, you have to be quick because things sell out fast, if you want something like a sight then buy it online and save you the carrier fee by selecting collection from NAF site.

Double check you have your cash with you because I wanted a couple of things and in the 30 minutes it took me to get back to my tent and back to the shop, they had sold out.

Don't forget to go to the raffle as you are entered under your player number and they have sponsored giveaways of a few small things and a some high value prizes like RIF's.

17 hours ago, Shamal said:

Not really on the Friday. Most of that day is sign in and chrono. There will be some play.pistols shotgun if you want it and the kill house will be open. 

Regards 

If you can't find something then you are either blind or your wife has welded your wallet shut without you knowing 😂😂

Friday evening is Shotguns and pistols and runs until midnight.

As for the beer tent entertainment, Deezul will crucify your favorite tunes...

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2023 at 10:39, Skullchewer said:

3000 or so macho men, weekend warriors and  all the other kind of airsofters, with their pew pews? Someone's gonna be a dickhead, guaranteed, and that's before you factor in the alcohol.

You're not wrong there, some butt heads near to me were firing off BB's in the camping area.

I have asked ZO in the past to have all campers to have a tent tag to identify those that are morons that live among us.

Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that.

"Bit of dirty play, several times I had hits to the eyes, the bad actors tended to be Bravo group just like last year and the year before that"

That's a bit of an unfair statement.

Is it because we won 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.