Guy Ritchie does something totally new and original, honest.

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, that's stupid. Most movie blank firing guns cannot fire live rounds. There some very professional companies that work in that field that know their shit when it comes to safety.

Using GBBs with CGI muzzle flashes and shell casings never feels visceral or real - I fear that we will never see anything as epic as the gunfight in Heat in a film again.

Fuck me - I really want a fixed carry handle AR now......

Edited by Speedbird_666

A few years ago a guy who was a film armourer was selling a load of ex film weapons in A2 Supplies when it was in Reading.

He said that all airsoft weapons were missing motors as it was a safety precaution.

I bought an MP5 supposedly used in the first 'Jason Bourne' film and sure enough it had no motor.

They'll only use GBBs for 'hero' guns when firing.  Without blanks it will be much easier for the armourer to be sure they're clear before handing to an actor.  Even if something gets stuck in the barrel it won't be deadly like previous incidents.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Fuck me - I really want a fixed carry handle AR now......

& I want my old star fnc back, I miss my baby😭

Meh. To me this just looks like Mr Richtea is trying to use something that's common in film making to get cheap publicity for his latest film. As Skullchewer posted it's not uncommon, so much so that airsoft is mentioned  alot on IMFDB

https://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Special:Search&profile=default&search=Airsoft &fulltext=1

Edited by Cannonfodder

3 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Yeah.  For low budget stuff, they might use airsoft exclusively but proper films will generally use a mix of dummy, airsoft and blank firers.

Though nothing kills the mood more for me is to see a puddle of crimped blanks spewing from a “ machine gun”…

14 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Though nothing kills the mood more for me is to see a puddle of crimped blanks spewing from a “ machine gun”…

I'm guessing you had a fit watching the matrix when Skorpions were shown dropping 5.56 cases

47 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Meh. To me this just looks like Mr Richtea is trying to use something that's common in film making to get cheap publicity for his latest film. As Skullchewer posted it's not uncommon, so much so that airsoft is mentioned  alot on IMFDB

https://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Special:Search&profile=default&search=Airsoft &fulltext=1

BINGO

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Thinking about it, its actually a bit of a cunty thing to use someone's death as a cheap publicity stunt

Geezer was married to Madonna, queen of cheap stunts, with him having an absence of tits, this was the next best thing lol

From what I understood, one of the "nice" things about movies using airsoft guns is they don't need a qualified armourer on set, (who generally work as contractors so charge high prices) but when they use real firearms with blanks they do and so it's much more expensive. 

Reads like free advertising off the rust incident plus turning a "we did it the cheap method" to a "we took the morally superior high ground, so cut us some slack if you spot 6mm written on the guns". Both are pretty poor from a taste point of view.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Emergencychimps said:

"we took the morally superior high ground, so cut us some slack if you spot 6mm written on the guns"

Yup, virtue signalling that they hate guns so much that they don't want anything to do with them, beyond making a living from glorifying their use.

The thing is the vast majority of viewers won't spot these things or give a shit. It's only us nerdy airsofters who will

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.