7.62 AR style platform suggestions

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've even mulling over a 726 AR style build but for cqb.

It's mostly a cosmetic thing as I like the look and feel of the bigger 762 style mags, especially when coupled with small AR style platforms.

Can anyone recommend a small, AR style platform that I can work with?

I'm not interested in hk417's or Scar H.

Thanks

It's not AR style but how about M14? Socom version is like a cute little Garand. Then there is SA-58, FN FAL, M14 EBR etc. I wouldn't call any of them small though. All 7.62x51mm chambered guns are gonna big bastards. That caliber belongs to mainly to battle rifles/DMR's after all.

SA58-OSW or something similar could be an option. As long as you can fold the stock and make it smaller I can't see an issue. Fixed stock long guns aren't really suitable for cqb to be honest. 

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters

Other than what you've mentioned, I don't think there's much else that fits the bill except maybe an Sr25 ?, obviously not Ideal for cqb without some work, maybe an alternative front & rear end ?. 

Only other off the shelf option, but it's not an AR us a G3 SAS maybe ? 

Yes, your asking for a self-contradicting gun, a cqb battle rifle.   So that's just the one I can think of, as @Tackle mentioned

https://uk-airsoft.co.uk/product/jg-hk51-ris/

G&g 308 come in smaller / shorter variants. I've shortened mine to make the longer length optional.

Edited by concretesnail

• Supporters

So theres 3 AR-like 308 platforms; the 417 platform, the Scar mk17 platform, and the AR-10 platform. If two of those three are out, then theres your answer. Youll want to look into SR-25Ks. This one from my local store is my favorite version so far - Im tempted to buy it every time I go in. Or buy a standard SR-25 and get a short barrel and handguard for it.

A&K SR-25K | Airsoft Barracks

417 is still a more Gucci platform though...

IMG-5866SQ.jpg.b0ed3bffcfa694197bdc0e4450a95537.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.