TM MWS Longevity

Guest dgiles06

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest dgiles06

Hello there im looking at possibly purchasing a TM MWS M4 to base a build around 

how good is the platform interms of durability and wear over time 

what parts may need replacing after 20k rounds etc due to breakages and wear

ive heard all about the nozzle springs breaking using green gas will be picking up spares  

i will be upgrading it with parts such as 

the g&p roller bolt 

Steel sears or steel trigger set 

upgraded nozzle 

g&p buffertube

mec recoil buffer- wtf are those pads for??

and possibly a slr receiver set in a few years

just after a decent gbbr rifle that will be reliable for years that i can use at a skirmish 

everyone has recommended the mws over kwa,vfc and ghk

1 hour ago, dgiles06 said:

Hello there im looking at possibly purchasing a TM MWS M4 to base a build around 

how good is the platform interms of durability and wear over time 

what parts may need replacing after 20k rounds etc due to breakages and wear

ive heard all about the nozzle springs breaking using green gas will be picking up spares  

i will be upgrading it with parts such as 

the g&p roller bolt 

Steel sears or steel trigger set 

upgraded nozzle 

g&p buffertube

mec recoil buffer- wtf are those pads for??

and possibly a slr receiver set in a few years

just after a decent gbbr rifle that will be reliable for years that i can use at a skirmish 

everyone has recommended the mws over kwa,vfc and ghk

Barring spare nozzle springs and a better nub, ANYTHING else you do internally will make the gun worse.

Check out the huge thread on here about it

Figured I'd echo what has been said, though I haven't even got a nozzle return spring for mine and it's still going strong. It's such a great platform out of the box and really requires the most minimal of internal upgrades. Externals however... I do plan on shoving a bunch of real-steel parts onto mine 

Guest dgiles06
6 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Buy the nozzle return spring, a harder nub and don’t touch anything else.

It will be golden and last you a good while before anything needs fiddling with.

Thanks alot for that realy helps I'm wanting to focus more on getting it externally good before I start to mess around with internal upgrades 

Realy eying up that dytac slr reciver 

And I might pair it with my centurian ams rail but it will be a long project considering the price of some of the parts 

Guest dgiles06
8 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Buy the nozzle return spring, a harder nub and don’t touch anything else.

It will be golden and last you a good while before anything needs fiddling with.

You think it will be alright on green gass concidoring it was designed for 134a or do you think tm thought of this 

On 08/01/2023 at 05:39, dgiles06 said:

You think it will be alright on green gass concidoring it was designed for 134a or do you think tm thought of this 

So you want to replace the parts straight away, just in case they wear out in the future and you have to replace them?

On 08/01/2023 at 05:39, dgiles06 said:

Pretty sure that most of us on here use green gas, so even straight out the box it'll run just fine.

Getting a few spares is not a bad idea, but not essential straightaway, and TM original parts are great. The only reason I have a few Guns Modify spares (springs mainly) is due to the lack of availability of TM parts.

OP obv not browsed through the MWS thread.

As others have said don’t mess with it, it doesn’t need ‘upgrading’.

Carry a spare nozzle return spring and nozzle, TM or GM brand.

You will be carrying these spares NOT because they will break due to a design flaw but because if you do need them they can be hard to find in a hurry.

Over a looooong time the return spring can fatigue - like 10s of thousands of rounds.

And the nozzle may get damaged if you get crud in your mag, or use crap/old/swollen BBs

Again most people break nozzles because they’ve ‘upgraded’ other parts. Leave it alone!!

Edited by Davegolf

I would try one first before committing but if you do decide to go for it.

Like said by everyone . Do not mess with the internals except I would recommend getting a decent NPAS. 
It gives you the ability to tune the power based on the gas and temp of the day. 
It also lets you run MAPP gas and not blow holes in people. 

Lastly, you will need one of these for accuracy https://sixgunsmithing.com/2018/03/11/sixg-super-nub-for-marui-gbbr/

But i would really try to borrow one and run a few games. 

I really didnt enjoy my MWS. The output, wasnt worth the effort. But i did make money on it, when i sold it . So hey ho. 

TM MP7 GBB is a better platform

Mission Impossible fuse lighting match TV | Massively Overpowered

Edited by Groot

Love my MP7 but never use it, so eyes on the classifieds as it'll be there soon! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

One word of cautionary advice. Don’t use shitty Nuprol bbs in your MWS. You all know my views on their quality and what they did to my MWS. 

Amen. I've never used Nuprol BBs but have your words ringing in my ears everytime I see a bottle of them! Open Blasters and Geoffs Bio BBs are all I get now.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.