Are Yanks allowed in here?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ran across this place while doing research. 

It also seems like airsoft is much larger in the UK than in the USA. 

I play games with real steel and airsoft seemed like a good thing to throw into the mix and have a much safer two way range. 

Also, feel free to ask any question about the USA, mainly Texas.  

Edited by truckinthumper

Welcome. Yes we do allow those from the colonies here, it's more to do with whether you can put up with us

Edited by Cannonfodder

My favorite holiday to celebrate is Treasonist Day! F the King! 

:lol:

I have ran across enough of the UKers to get an idea that we on the other side of the pond are not all that different. 

Fun, Honor, and respect. 
Speedsofters (if I am terming it correctly) seem to be a bit unhinged. LMAO, seems they cant handle a few extra shots without getting all butthurt. 

The VERY first hit I took in this game was a 3 round burst to the side of the face, from within 20-30 feet, with an HPA. I was laughing as yelling "HIT" and "good shot". 
Guy asked me if I was OK later  in the day and "sorry". 
I told him "if I did NOT get shot in the face, I would be upset, now I know it aint that bad". 
To top it off, I got shot one more time about 30mm from the last shot, and again on the next kill where it bloodied my lip.  Only hits I took my first time out and 5 rounds to the face. 
Thats funny! 
I now have a OneTigris mask , BTW. :D

P.S. I had to use MM as I have no idea what a CM is. 
I know Meter though. Learned that thanks to long range shooting real steel. A 1000 meters is longer than a 1000 yards..... by 3 meters. Thats a hit or a terrible miss.
Your UK money names are even worse. I get the relation to a pound, but have no F'n clue what a quid is. Where I am from a "quid" is a person with a lisp trying to say squid (like the sea creature). Any help with that would be good info. 
:P 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome - as long as you're willing to acknowledge that your revolting colony owes its independence to the French.

5 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

I was laughing as yelling "HIT" and "good shot". 

Now I know you're winding us up.  I've watched plenty of airsoft videos from the USA, and it seems clear that the rules for face-shots are that you need to flip out and fight him in real life.

5 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

I have ran across enough of the UKers to get an idea that we on the other side of the pond are not all that different. 

Agreed. The way I see it, the UK and US are like brothers. Always up for having a pop at each other, but first to step up and have each others back 

• Supporters

Welcome @truckinthumper, enjoy what's probably the best forum around, definitely the most helpful & knowledgeable, but be warned, sarcasm & piss taking is a national sport in the UK, generally not meant to offend, except the snowflakes😜

3 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Welcome, what part of Texas?  Lived there myself for a year, good fun.

I am in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area. 
Other than hot summers, its a great place. 

18 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Well howdy partner.

So what do your friends say when you tell them you play soldier with toy guns? 😆

...or do you keep it a secret? 😁

Some shake their heads, others ask questions. 

I also shoot real steel games.  So they dont really say too much as most of them are real steel shooters also. 
USPSA, multigun, some 22 matches, etc.. 

I think it is a good companion to the shooting games I play. 

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

What's the story with "gel blasters" and airsoft there?  I must admit I was basically clueless about gel blasters until a YouTube Short fell into my stream.   I thought they were confined to Asia for a start, and basically ignored them!

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome - as long as you're willing to acknowledge that your revolting colony owes its independence to the French.

Now I know you're winding us up.  I've watched plenty of airsoft videos from the USA, and it seems clear that the rules for face-shots are that you need to flip out and fight him in real life.

The French are our friends still. I just wish the women would shave things.... LOL 
The stupid videos I have seen have always made me think that the ones who unleash over this game are sissies. 
"I am going to play a game where were shoot each other, but I dont like getting shot, so I have an attitude". 

Stay home and play with your XBOX. 

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.  

face_shots.jpg

20220711_172305 (002).jpg

One thing I have yet to sort out is the chrono requirements. 
you must shoot XXX FPS with our .20 BBs even though you may run a BB twice that weight. 

WHAT? 

In IPSC and USPSA (real steel) you chrono the rounds your are shooting in a match. 
The rounds must chrono with a min "power factor". 
This is bullet weight x FPS 
So, if I am in "minor power" I must meet a MINIMUM power. 
I run a 147gr 9mm round. 
it travels at about 860 fps, which is about 126 power factor. 
I am 1 point from the min. 
if you dont meet the min for the ammo class, you shoot for fun and no points are awarded. Basically, you lose. 

this whole .20 at X FPS is odd. 
I am not shooting .20 LOL 

1 hour ago, truckinthumper said:

I also shoot real steel games.  So they dont really say too much as most of them are real steel shooters also. 
USPSA, multigun, some 22 matches, etc.. 

I think it is a good companion to the shooting games I play. 

Cool, just don't mix up your guns 😄😬 

You could always call airsoft 'Basic Infantry Weapons Training' 😁

I know the airsoft Joule limits are higher in the US.  How does chrono work at the sites you play?

Is it done with 0.2g or the whatever weight you play?

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

The French are our friends still. I just wish the women would shave things.... LOL 

Nothing worse than an unkempt French growler.

Poodle with long hair. | Creatures | Pinterest | Poodle, Standard ...

The stupid videos I have seen have always made me think that the ones who unleash over this game are sissies. 
"I am going to play a game where were shoot each other, but I dont like getting shot, so I have an attitude". 

Eh, every hobby has a few people with no other interests who take it all far too seriously.  Add in a dab of adrenaline, and...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p54w6zgze6rvozztx7

One thing I have yet to sort out is the chrono requirements. 
you must shoot XXX FPS with our .20 BBs even though you may run a BB twice that weight. 

WHAT? 

<rant> Sensible sites list a maximum Joule limit and chrono with the ammo you're going to use.  It's not rocket science, pretty much all airsoft chronos will show you a Joule number once you've selected the weight.

Lazy sites chrono everything on 0.2g even though essentially nobody is using that any more.  This ignores Joule creep, which refers to higher weight BBs picking up a bit - or a lot - more energy while they're travelling up the barrel, and holding onto it for longer in flight and hitting harder.

If your local site is really still chronoing with 0.2g, you'll just have to grin and bear it.  Chasing the site energy / fps limit isn't the be-all and end-all of competitiveness in airsoft, unless you're running a high rps BB hose and spraying and praying at extreme range.  Shot to shot consistency is far more important for effective range. </rant>

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.